• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

YouTuber is already in-line for Nintendo Switch, 1 month out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the fuck is this thread still act--

*reads*

jerry-seinfeld-kramer65kgw.gif

lmao yup. This is only the third time I pop my head in here. I will never understand the gaming community.

Kade

Triforce and Etika seem like they're just trying to escalate shit to a level it doesn't need to reach. Nick fucked up and needs to be called out and answer for his behaviour but the "kill yourself" comments and homophobia aren't necessary. I'm assuming they're all Etika's cronies if his chat is any indication.

Lol this whole situation is funny. This is all so unnecessary and Etika –– as far as I am aware –– does not need to involve himself with this trivial shit.

Makes for good YouTube drama though.

AdanVC

I just saw Nick's stream because drama and holy shit... I simply don't know what to say. His "crying" act at the end was on a whole new level of cringe. Can't tell if it was fake or if he really wanted to cry but yeah. Just glad CND stayed out of this mess and he is now enjoying the Switch and the thousand + dollars worth of gifts and goodies he received on this journey.

DKL

Triforce and Etika seem like they're just trying to escalate shit to a level it doesn't need to reach. Nick fucked up and needs to be called out and answer for his behaviour but the "kill yourself" comments and homophobia aren't necessary. I'm assuming they're all Etika's cronies if his chat is any indication.

I got through like 40 minutes of that video and it's pretty funny (Triforce be talking about his EMP goons at one point and it had me rolling... I was not aware that there were still people in the council).

Triforce still got it after all these years.

("got it" meaning his ability to needlessly escalate drama and be as unprofessional as possible in the most hilarious of ways)

DKL

Tldr or op update?

There is a post that summarizes things, but I think you can take the TL;DR much further:

-Some guy named Nick from StreetpassPrinceton or whatever was trying to use Triforce and the kid that stars in the videos this thread is about in order to move up in the youtube game
-Nick (who was sent out to New York) doesn't have money to go back to California, so goes to the Nintendo Switch line community for help
-There was a gofundme
-It was successfully funded, but it (allegedly) turns out that Nick had the money or something anyway and it was supposedly a scam
-Triforce goes on one of his classic tirades... involves consultation with EMP goons, allegations that Nick had a bunch of gay sex to get a Switch, Skype history browsing and general Triforce belligerence (the black soap commentary was amazing), that is probably coming to a shock to many people in this thread who assumed he cleaned up his act or never knew what he was actually like

But yeah, that's my understanding right now... hopefully someone who knows the situation better can provide a better TL;DR

AdanVC

I simply cannot comprehend what people is capable to do nowadays just to have his 15 minutes of fame or to get just a few more subscribers on their YT channel. If you have bad intentions, it's simply not worth it because you will get unmasked on the internet in a snap.

ngower

KYS HACK! J O Y C O N B O Y Z
(satire, please don't)

But for real, I reported a handful of the YT comments calling for his suicide on Nick's page. I think it's silly when they call him out for deception or whatever, but it's cruel to ask him to kill himself. While CND did endorse Triforce and Etika's shit, I kinda applaud him for keeping to the periphery and trying to let this story die down.

Ultimadrago

Wow, it's almost like there was a reason people have said the things they've said about Triforce for years and not just looking down on him because he's "down on his luck" or whatever fucking stupid deflections people were using to defend him just because he's a fellow Nintendo fan.

Quoted for the damned truth.

Sanjuro

There is a post that summarizes things, but I think you can take the TL;DR much further:

-Some guy named Nick from StreetpassPrinceton or whatever was trying to use Triforce and the kid that stars in the videos this thread is about in order to move up in the youtube game
-Nick (who was sent out to New York) doesn't have money to go back to California, so goes to the Nintendo Switch line community for help
-There was a gofundme
-It was successfully funded, but it (allegedly) turns out that Nick had the money or something anyway and it was supposedly a scam
-Triforce goes on one of his classic tirades... involves consultation with EMP goons, allegations that Nick had a bunch of gay sex to get a Switch, Skype history browsing and general Triforce belligerence (the black soap commentary was amazing), that is probably coming to a shock to many people in this thread who assumed he cleaned up his act or never knew what he was actually like

But yeah, that's my understanding right now... hopefully someone who knows the situation better can provide a better TL;DR

This is hurting my head more.

How much is a bunch of gay sex?!

DKL

This is hurting my head more.

How much is a bunch of gay sex?!

I honestly don't even know...

But the quotes, as miserable as they are, are fucking amazing:

"He got dig dug in his butt"
"He was straight switching for the Switch"
"He pushing his organs back, B"

Shit is like historical-tier.

Sanjuro

I honestly don't even know...

But the quotes, as miserable as they are, are fucking amazing:

"He got dig dug in his butt"
"He was straight switching for the Switch"
"He pushing his organs back, B"

Shit is like historical-tier.

That's only a Pro Controller and a single Joy Con in street value.

DKL

That's only a Pro Controller and a single Joy Con in street value.

Truth be told, we don't even know if the sex involved was actually for money to go to the Switch.

Like, IT COULD JUST BE SEX THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH GETTING MONEY FOR THE CONSOLE.

All the proof we seem to have is the one supposed gay friend that Triforce knows that saw Nick's app or whatever.

The option selecting going on in the video is super top tier too: Triforce was like I was okay with you doing gay shit, but not if it's for a video game console...

As if this somehow makes the blatant homophobia better lol

Let it never be said that guys aren't into soap dramas too. Wrestling, this shit, rumours, forum drama, Youtube drama, etc.

Triforce is always the star of the best telenovelas.

I'll try my best Lionel Mandrake impression here and do a recap on the shanagigans that have transpired. If anything is confusing or I've missed some information, let me know.

This is Nick aka Streetpass Princeton.

He started the group Streetpass Princeton alongside his brother, which is a local offshoot of other Streetpass groups. He's an openly gay man which isn't entirely relevant but does come into play later.

This is Alex aka CND.

MJC1OtU6.jpg

A passionate Nintendo YouTuber who began a vlog series documenting his experience waiting outside the Nintendo World Store in New York for a month for the Nintendo Switch.

This is Triforce.

237226-TriforceJohnson-Header.jpg

Owner of pro-gaming group Empire Arcadia, and is mostly well-known for being first in line for various Nintendo systems. You can find some information about his shady misdeeds if you'd care to.

Triforce knew Nick and his group for some time but never really got involved. After Triforce got notoriety for waiting in the Wii U launch line, Nick introduces him to a friend, Abdallah. In 2014 Nick suggests they go to E3 to do some networking, now that Triforce knows Reggie. He's reluctant to agree because he's homeless and various family issues, but Nick offers to sponsor him and lets him pay him back when he has his life in order. They go to E3, Abdallah hits it off with Nintendo and gets a job making videos for them, and Nick later gets upset because Abdallah is now making it big and he didn't have the same luck. A little bit later Triforce and one of the members of his pro-gaming team Empire Arcadia, Dieminion, are flown out on a round-trip ticket to Paris to be on an MTV show. A local arcade owner wants them to stay longer to promote his arcade, and says he'll pay for everything and get their plane ticket changed. He gets them a nice hotel and lots of money, but he doesn't end up getting them a new plane ticket, so Triforce and Dieminion are now stranded in Paris. Triforce calls some friends and family back home to help with getting them back, and Nick agrees to put some more money towards him. They get Dieminion home and Triforce stays in Paris for another 2 months until he can raise enough money to get himself back home.

Cut to 2017 now. Triforce has moved to Jamaica and is still struggling financially, and Nick has moved from New Jersey to California. Nick has been reminding Triforce to pay him back for the almost $1000 which he owes him, but he still can't afford it. CND now enters the mix. He contacts Triforce for help with being the first in line for the Nintendo Switch launch, and him and Triforce come to some sort of agreement to actually fly them both to New York on CND's dollar/GoFundMe to wait in line for the Switch, and CND in return is going to help Triforce become a YouTuber so he can make some money. Triforce has no intention to wait in line and get a Switch himself. Nick now calls Triforce (while CND is in the room listening) and states he wants to come to New York to get CND to help him get more subscribers, and wants to send him to E3 as well, as well as bribing him with other gifts. Triforce tells him not to but Nick arrives with a bunch of gifts, one of which is a bar of black soap for Triforce. Nick acts kind of weird in CND's videos and, despite many warnings about him, uses everyone else to appear in his videos. He's become somewhat of an outcast from the group and at the launch party they all throw, Nick is allegedly kicked out by security, though others claim they kicked him out for using them.

Important to note also are two things: Triforce broke his 3DS one day and 3 different people bought him a new one. 2 were returned and the money was apparently spent on essentials, and he kept one. CND also started a GoFundMe for $4000 to get Triforce video equipment and a laptop so he can work on his YouTube career. It was successful and all the money went to CND, who even had to put in $600 of his own to buy the equipment and give it to Triforce. Another GoFundMe ended up getting Triforce a Switch. In the line as well, a gay friend of Triforce's alleges that he saw a webpage open on Nick's laptop where he was sleeping with other men in exchange for the money for the Switch. A friend of Triforce's wanted the Master Edition of Zelda, and Triforce, knowing Nick doesn't have the money to buy one himself but is still waiting in line, asks Nick to buy it. Nick agrees and is given money to do so, but bails on it claiming he got a better deal. Gabe - a 15 year old who blew up in CND's vlogs - posts messages from Nick (who is 29) saying he wants to "help him" get to a convention.

Nintendo Force – the spiritual successor to Nintendo Power magazine – is somehow involved with Nick. They offer to send CND to E3 to do media coverage for them (apparently CND already had an offer to go to E3 from The Zero Review) and Nick alleges they paid for his round-ticket to and from New York. They cancel his ticket back and now he's stranded in New York. He starts up a GoFundMe for $1500 to pay for a Switch and his ticket home. Triforce tells him that's way too much and, despite Nick being upset at all the money raised for Triforce (though none of it ever ended up in his hands), he drops it down to $500. Triforce, feeling pity for Nick despite Nick telling everyone in line how Triforce is scum and owes him money, puts his last $10 into Nick's GoFundMe and starts campaigning for others to donate as well. The fund is successful but it's later revealed that Nintendo Force never actually paid for Nick, he just bought a one-way ticket to New York then tried to use everyone to pay for him to get home, despite actually having the money.

Etika - local YouTuber and friend of the group - is upset by Nick's lies since he himself put a good amount of money towards his fund. He talks about it in a stream without naming names, but his fans find out he's talking about Nick. Nick puts up his own video asking for an apology and refutes some of what was said. He later goes to PAX (claiming that this trip was set up before the New York situation) and lies about meeting Etika, which he reveals later with a really odd video. Triforce goes on Etika's stream and explains everything from his perspective. Nick does his own stream where he doesn't reveal much but refutes everything again and says he feels bullied.

That's where we are now.

Tl;DR: The Internet's a vicious place.

Once again apologies if this isn't the prettiest block of text, and let me know if there's anything that needs to be added.

DKL

The fund is successful but it’s later revealed that Nintendo Force never actually paid for Nick, he just bought a one-way ticket to New York then tried to use everyone to pay for him to get home, despite actually having the money.

Godlike.

The best twist.

lol what a world we livein.. Gofundmes for switch consoles and plane tickets to get back from a launch console, like fucking really? And then the whole youtube drama around it with people asking others to block them on social media.. They're all grown ass men too, it's just pathetic.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
ITriforce, feeling pity for Nick despite Nick telling everyone in line how Triforce is scum and owes him money, puts his last $10 into Nick’s GoFundMe and starts campaigning for others to donate as well.

There's something amusing about Triforce, the guy who raised thousands in gofundme money for equipment and was given video game consoles, putting his "last $10" to his nemesis. This is the epitome of drama.

Best reaction to it all:

Why the fuck is this thread still act--

*reads*

jerry-seinfeld-kramer65kgw.gif

arsenal009

Neo Member
will check whats this about i love Youtube drama ;)

Etika loves drama.
This all escalated because of him, not Triforce, Nick, or CND.

A couple things to note from Etika's stream:

It's funny how Triforce says Nick flew from across the country to exploit a 19 yr old kid.
Last time I checked, Triforce talked his way into coming from a completely different country to exploit a 19yr old kid, on CND's dime might I add.

Etika mentions on the stream that it's absurd that Nick does a $1500 gofundme just to have extra extravagances while others are using gofundmes that need help w heart conditions.
However, when Triforce reveals via the skype conversation that he made over $4000 on gofundme money to have extra extravagances, Etika is totally cool with it, lol.

Finn

This is the first time I'm hearing about any of this and I'm not going to make a value judgment about any of the actors involved in this situation, but...

All of this is feeling *super* homophobic and gross. The rumors about someone having (GAY!) sex for cash, accusations of the gay man being a pedophile, YT comments calling the gay man a f****t, wishing AIDS upon him, etc. Like, people suck.

ngower

This is the first time I'm hearing about any of this and I'm not going to make a value judgment about any of the actors involved in this situation, but...

All of this is feeling *super* homophobic and gross. The rumors about someone having (GAY!) sex for cash, accusations of the gay man being a pedophile, YT comments calling the gay man a f****t, wishing AIDS upon him, etc. Like, people suck.

But Triforce isn't homophobic, he has a gay friend!

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Etika loves drama.
This all escalated because of him, not Triforce, Nick, or CND.

A couple things to note from Etika's stream:

It's funny how Triforce says Nick flew from across the country to exploit a 19 yr old kid.
Last time I checked, Triforce talked his way into coming from a completely different country to exploit a 19yr old kid, on CND's dime might I add.

Etika mentions on the stream that it's absurd that Nick does a $1500 gofundme just to have extra extravagances while others are using gofundmes that need help w heart conditions.
However, when Triforce reveals via the skype conversation that he made over $4000 on gofundme money to have extra extravagances, Etika is totally cool with it, lol.

As has been said, $4000 gofundme was done by CND to help Triforce and went to CND's account. CND even said he wanted to surprise Triforce with it, but really couldn't because of the vlogs, which Triforce would be able to see.

Also, CND reached out to Triforce for the Switch arrangement, not the other way around. So if you put it that way, CND used Triforce.

All of this has been confirmed multiple times by multiple people.

Memles

As has been said, $4000 gofundme was done by CND to help Triforce and went to CND's account. CND even said he wanted to surprise Triforce with it, but really couldn't because of the vlogs, which Triforce would be able to see.

Also, CND reached out to Triforce for the Switch arrangement, not the other way around. So if you put it that way, CND used Triforce.

Yeah: while we can talk about whether or not Alex was getting any sort of reasonable exchange for the investment he made in Triforce, there was a clear exchange of services there. CND paid Triforce for his expertise, with the cost of his travel, lodging, support for his videos, and eventually the fundraising strength of his network. CND was not "taken advantage of," given that he ultimately achieved his goal—being first in line, and being able to take ownership of "first in line" community. Nothing about their relationship suggest Triforce made unreasonable demands, or in any way forced Alex into making choices that in some way disadvantaged him (like going deep into debt to pay Triforce—Alex appeared to have the means to do this, whether through the crowdfunding/donations, or through parental support).

Everything else about this is a complete gong show at this point, but that basic exchange now seems downright normal by comparison.

arsenal009

Neo Member

I was pointing out Etika's stark contrast in reaction to the 2 gofundmes. They were both for extra extravagances.

Everyone here knows CND contacted Triforce for advice. Just because someone contacts someone else for advice, it doesn't mean the adviser cannot take advantage of the person asking for advice.

Finn

LOL so that is who he censored. I was wondering why he did that!

Timestamp? I can't be bothered to watch the whole video but I wanna see!

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Not sure if I think it's petty or just him trying to stay out of everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom