• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ys IX details Aprilis, Carla, Kilysha, Riche, Parks, Yufa, and Chante

Mista

Banned

Falcom has released the latest information and screenshots of Ys IX: Monstrum IX, detailing newly revealed sub-characters Aprilis, Carla, Kilysha, Riche, Parks, Yufa, and Chante.

■ Characters

Aprilis
(voiced by Haruka Michii)

“Assemble, Monstrum! For this loathsome night banquet!”

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_002.jpg

A hooded woman with determined eyes and an artificial arm and leg who meets Adol in the Prison City. She is young, but has a cool-headed attitude and overwhelming dignity. Her body always seems to be wounded or tired…

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_003.jpg

Carla

“That would be bad news for you, wouldn’t it be—Adol Christin?”

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_004.jpg

A merchant of the Pendleton Company, which is the largest-scale organization in the Prison City of Baldeux. As an excellent merchant hungry for the future, she is appointed by her father Riche to work at the main office. While she clearly stands out as a merchant, there seems to be a subtle distance growing between her and her rather shy younger sister.

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_005.jpg

Kilysha

“I–I’m sorry, big sister…”

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_006.jpg

The second daughter of the Pendleton family, who are known as wealthy merchants. She is a fainthearted and shy girl who has unknowingly developed a complex towards her reputed older sister, who has shown remarkable efforts as a merchant. She followed her sister in joining the company, but someone seems to be stealing the sales she had personally earned.

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_007.jpg

Riche

“Defeat the competition with capital gains. That’s the Pendleton way!”

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_008.jpg

The head of the Pendleton family, which has a major influence in Baldeux. Shrewd in commerce, he gained enormous capital power by monopolizing the mining rights to the mines of nearby regions. He will utilize any means necessary for business and profit gains, and always takes a high-handed attitude, which makes many residents discomforted by his presence.

Parks (voiced by Kenyu Horiuchi)

“There are areas that are off limits to even the guards… have you heard that rumor?”

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_009.jpg

A late middle-aged, carefree man incarcerated in Baldeux Prison. After meeting Adol, he provides him important information regarding the prison. He seems to have been imprisoned due to fraud and lying about his past, but no one knows how much of what he says is actually true.

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_010.jpg

Yufa

“Alllright, let’s do our best again today!”

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_011.jpg

An energetic girl who works as a waitress at the bar Dandelion. She has a great reputation with the customers as cheerful, openhearted, and hard-working, but she is burdened with many hardships such as supporting the livelihood of her younger siblings all on her own. It seems that her childhood friend works at Baldeux Arena, so she may sometimes share valuable information with you.

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_012.jpg

Chante

“Dogi-chan, your muscles are so, so… bea-u-tiful!”

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_013.jpg

A carefree drag queen who runs the bar Dandelion. He is caring and uses his past life experience to give accurate advice, and is thus consulted by customers of all kinds. He has a big circle of friends in Baldeux related to work, and has a certain level of knowledge with regard to information about the city’s residents and the situation with the Romun Empire.

Ys-IX-Monstrum-Nox_2019_06-27-19_014.jpg

Screenshots:

■ Save Data Bonuses

Users who have save data from previous Ys series games on PlayStation 4 will obtain the following bonuses when playing Ys IX: Monstrum Nox:

• Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana – Old Seal Ring: Status Up + Critical Rate Increase
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta – Celcetan Flower: Status Up + Curse Resistance
These accessories can only be obtained via the save data, and are not available in the game.

Bkdk

The characters are ok, but not as lewd as I expected, perhaps they’re gonna sell it as dlc again like other falcon titles.

Blancka

Gonna jump in here to ask opinions on how Ys 8 was. It's on sale and I'm considering getting it on ps4; the only ys game I played was ys 7 on psp, which I enjoyed the gameplay of, but never got around to fully beating the game. Would Ys 8 be worth getting in on if I enjoyed the gameplay of 7? Is it quite similar or is much changed?

Hudo

Gonna jump in here to ask opinions on how Ys 8 was. It's on sale and I'm considering getting it on ps4; the only ys game I played was ys 7 on psp, which I enjoyed the gameplay of, but never got around to fully beating the game. Would Ys 8 be worth getting in on if I enjoyed the gameplay of 7? Is it quite similar or is much changed?
While I haven't played Ys 8 myself, I think there's a demo available on the PS Store! So you could get a better impression of it that way, I think. But I have heard from people that its really good (Disclaimer: Most of them were new to the Ys franchise, so I don't know how the "old guard" likes it).

Whitecrow

Banned
Gameplay is more of the same. Also the character stereotypes. Mid game is a slog.
But everything is worth for the story and the ending, thing that I really love.

I've beaten it twice, so overall, I thing it's worth one run at least.

Top Bottom