• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V |OT| Card Games on Hippos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fj0823

I would card an entire dimension for Grace. Masumi is no longer my Arc V waifu.

In only half joking...

Edit: top of the page...of fucking course.

Grace is cute. Grace x Yuya

Episode was pretty nice
I wonder if Yuya can reach Endo, I still think Endo and Asuka will help out the lancers

I think Edo will betray Academia or at least help out Yuya.
He already seems to be "enjoying" dueling by smiling during his duel with Yusho.
This is probably what he'll wear when he defects
YNvkeAo.png

Ugh, I can't believe they gave Destiny HERO Decisionguy 2 Once Per Duel effects. :<

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So in Arc-V 113 a character from the Maiami City Tournament is returning...
Kachidoki. Neat because I always thought they sort of just dropped his plotpoint about being upset with Yuya.

Bubble

Neo Member
Man, Edo just can't stop losing. The last time he actually won a duel (like a real duel) was in GX, in season 2. I got a feeling that if Edo duels again in Arc-V, he is gonna lose, again. It's a shame though because I like the D-Hero archetype.

Looking at how things are progressing, they really got out of the XYZ dimension fast. It does feel like this arc is gonna be rushed, which is a shame. I honestly can't believe they spent almost 50 episodes in the Synchro dimension. They could easily have cut out 10 episodes from the Synchro dimension, with nothing of value lost.

Watch Da Birdie

Man, Edo just can't stop losing. The last time he actually won a duel (like a real duel) was in GX, in season 2. I got a feeling that if Edo duels again in Arc-V, he is gonna lose, again. It's a shame though because I like the D-Hero archetype.

Looking at how things are progressing, they really got out of the XYZ dimension fast. It does feel like this arc is gonna be rushed, which is a shame. I honestly can't believe they spent almost 50 episodes in the Synchro dimension. They could easily have cut out 10 episodes from the Synchro dimension, with nothing of value lost.

Feels like this was a response to the Synchro Arc being so long---gotta admit though I loved the pay-off of that arc, while this felt kind of cheesy with everyone switching sides so fast. I kind of wonder if they're planning on wrapping up Arc-V now to move on to a new series, I love Arc-V but think they've set up the end-pieces well enough to close it out by the end of the year perhaps.

Fj0823

The duel was great, but man, this duel felt pointless.

Still, it's been a while since we had a real action duel.

koD4io8.png

Yeah the duel was great, there was so much action going on. I also enjoyed that part where Yuzu said that she and Gogenzaka can fight while Sawatari just sweat drops. If they brought Kachidoki back maybe that means they want to print his cards! Those skates make Yuya's legs look huge.

Glad they didn't spend too much time on the backstory.

Why are you summoning your low Attack monsters in attack mode Yuya?!

Watch Da Birdie

Next couple episodes sound pretty interesting and definitely like they're ramping things up---if they used TCG-exclusive cards then one of them would totally be a great time to use those Oz/Star Wars ones.

ComplexGenerousCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restricted.gif

Egao claims another victim.
I was surprised that Dennis used a Fusion Monster, I mean I know he's from the Fusion Dimension but he didn't use his Fusion Monster before. He didn't even use the Polymerization that ratted him out in the Synchro Dimension.
Glad that the Cipher RUM is searchable, wouldn't want to be that much worse that Phantom Knights RUM :p
10000 Attack!
Yay! Serena is back! More Lunalights :D

Watch Da Birdie

Arc-V 115

This was...a really stupid episode? I mean part of it once more makes me feel like they're getting everything ready for the big climax with all the major players in Fusion now, but the rest of it was some bizarre plot about this random pirate dude who seemed like a rejected GX filler character---though I will say I always love when they bring back some random classic monsters like Skull Mariner and Skull Knight like they did and give them a new form, shit's cool.

I also thought Dennis' plot culmination was rather anti-climatic, and yet another plot that felt a bit rushed---though everyone complained about Synchro dragging on, I kind of wish they slowed down a bit again.

Fj0823

Hype series is hype, but we're going too fast. Lots of characters are not going to get a proper resolution.

For example, I don't think we'll see Masami and Yaiba ever again, what about Reira's bitch mother?

Dennis entire arc was resolved quickly to hype Kaito, and Sora changed his heart of screen.

These are definite issues, it's still the best series IMO, but it just needs a tad more consistency.

I also wish they let the other lancers get more time to shine, even if just against filler opponents. So far even filler enemies seem to be going to Yuuya this arc, which is disappointing. I mean, yeah Kurosaki still gets to do stuff, but he's had way more time to shine throughout pretty much every arc. XYZ arc felt rushed, and it didn't feel like Sawatari or Gogenzaka being there really mattered

Fj0823

I also wish they let the other lancers get more time to shine, even if just against filler opponents. So far even filler enemies seem to be going to Yuuya this arc, which is disappointing. I mean, yeah Kurosaki still gets to do stuff, but he's had way more time to shine throughout pretty much every arc. XYZ arc felt rushed, and it didn't feel like Sawatari or Gogenzaka being there really mattered

I keep waiting for Sawatari to have the duel he wins by finally growing up and admitting his flaws. That's all he needs to do to surpass Tristan as the idiot character.

I keep waiting for Sawatari to have the duel he wins by finally growing up and admitting his flaws. That's all he needs to do to surpass Tristan as the idiot character.

My problem isn't just the lack of winning, it's the lack of any really meaningful duels for other lancers, win or lose

Tecl0n

So, I stopped watching around ep 100 in the beginning of the year cause i imagined XYZ arc would follow a similar structure to Synchro arc. Now i binged about 30-something episodes, i didn't expect we'd be on what seems to be the end game. I think it may have gone too fast though, many side characters got the boot. Having more secondaries on the spotlight was one of the positives the series had in the previous seasons.

Also, god damn EGAO went ham during XYZ. Antagonists had no escape.

Started rewatching on Crunchyroll, up to ep 29. Sad at the spellings for characters Reira -> Lyara, Shun Kurosaki -> Syun Kurosaki, and Yuto -> Ute!?

Anyway

Tatsuya is still the best of the junior class.

DMONKUMA

This series was just a hot mess, probably the worst out of the yugioh series.

I feel sorry for Shun....he got the worst of it towards the end.

BossRush

INTO THE TRASH IT GOES!

I like how Yuya's whole deal and plot is just "Let's do Judai again but with way less focus somehow."

Fj0823

Very rushed ending. I still like the series very much.

Much better than Zexal or GX.

Hopefully VRAINS is allowed to develop their story correctly, instead of having to rush it because 2020's new mechanic has to be the focus now

DMONKUMA

Very rushed ending. I still like the series very much.

Much better than Zexal or GX.

Hopefully VRAINS is allowed to develop their story correctly, instead of having to rush it because 2020's new mechanic has to be the focus now

Honestly the last couple episodes ruined it for me. It was not good in the second part but the last espisodes made it worst. As my ranking go for the series...

Season0=Original series>5ds>>>>>Zexal=GX>Arc-V

I will say I like the Odd-eyes hybrid monsters, especially Odd eyes wing.

Fj0823

Honestly the last couple episodes ruined it for me. It was not good in the second part but the last espisodes made it worst. As my ranking go for the series...

Season0=Original series>5ds>>>>>Zexal=GX>Arc-V

I will say I like the Odd-eyes hybrid monsters, especially Odd eyes wing.

I understand liking GX more...but Zexal is bar none THE WORST.

Astral dies and revives in every arc because theit writers realized that having the "If you Lose Astral dies" plot armor is a bad idea.

Shark's character changes every arc, and then they make him a fucking zombie alien.

First turn Utopia/Utopia Upgrade in every duel. There is zero point in Yuma ever getting the Number cards

Kotori and friends bring NOTHING to the plot. At least Yuzu carried season 1 herself before getting Aki'd

Super Saiyan Armor.

They didn't even show all the numbers, but suddenly the bad guy has them all!!

The ending is them just Yuma wishing that nothing bad ever happened...And getting just that.

Arc-V sits comfortably at the middle of my list. Maybe even 2nd place when I feel angry at 5D's Crow Boner

That wasn't so bad.

Haha, they played "Burn" at the end, even they know it's the best ARC-V opening theme.

My biggest complaint about Zarc though was that he should have looked like his original self and not Dragon Yuya.

Sandfox

Astral dies and revives in every arc because theit writers realized that having the "If you Lose Astral dies" plot armor is a bad idea.

Shark's character changes every arc, and then they make him a fucking zombie alien.

First turn Utopia in every duel.

Kotori and friends bring NOTHING to the plot.

Super Saiyan Armor.

Arc-V sits comfortably at the middle of my list. Maybe even 2nd place when I feel angry at 5D's Crow Boner

Arc-V had a "Crow boner" too that included Jack and you could make a list just like that for this series.

DMONKUMA

First turn Utopia in every duel.

Kotori and friends bring NOTHING to the plot.

Super Saiyan Armor.

zarc-V definitely was better and decent in the first part then starting getting worst towards the second part. I didn't like that some dukes felt lifeless and were done fast as fuck, especially the last couple of ones. Some side characters were give the boot and some of the alternate versions of Yuya and Yuzu were kinda treated badly. Yuto kicked the buck way to easily and Rin was useless as hell. Yugo and Serena were decent while Yuri.....idk. I felt the worst for Shay since the ending was kinda bittersweet especially for him since he lost his best friend and his sister.

I just didn't like the fact they made this series kind of an anniversary event for the brand.

VRAINS definitely has my interest because it's in a cyber space setting and the main character's deck is based off of it as well.

Fj0823

Arc-V had a "Crow boner" too that included Jack and you could make a list just like that for this series.

It was more of a Jack Boner with a side helping of Crow, which wasnt as bad since I love Jack.

But yeah, Crow always overstays his welcome.

And to be fair, good characters getting shafted is a staple of the series past the original ):

Pretty rushed ending, I'm still baffled by that whole BB subplot. Still it kept my attention all the way through, more than I can say for GX or 5Ds(after Dark Signers), didn't watch Zexal and have no plans to.

Joqu

I got pretty far into this before quitting. This ending talk in here doesn't really inspire confidence, I was hoping it'd be worth going back to. I was definitely in second half territory and yeah, it wasn't that good anymore. Bummer. :(

I've pretty much avoided Zexal, but early 5D's man... way better than post-Takahashi Yu-Gi-Oh! has any right to be. Of course that series didn't keep its quality up either.

I always liked GX fwiw, but that's one mess of a series too. Feels like it all falls apart in someway post the original, and I really don't think that's nostalgia speaking.

I guess I'll give VRAINS a chance when that releases, I always do, but I dunno. I've complained about it in the past but I really don't like how anything post 5D's has been separate universe stuff. I assume VRAINS will be no different but I hope that's not the case even if it doesn't make sense at this point. It's absolutely shallow stuff but that would pull me in, even if it's minor background things. I don't like the thought of the first three series not mattering anymore, and I appreciate a more cohesive world. I guess it's what made the returning characters possible in this, but still. YGO cared about any of that since 5D's and I don't like it.

(I've also felt like YGO has gotten too futuristic to my tastes, so there's no way VRAINS will please me in that regard. lol)

I like Yuya. Guess I'll still finish this someday, I'm sure I'll crave the closure.

Fj0823

I got pretty far into this before quitting. This ending talk in here doesn't really inspire confidence, I was hoping it'd be worth going back to. I was definitely in second half territory and yeah, it wasn't that good anymore. Bummer. :(

I've pretty much avoided Zexal, but early 5D's man... way better than post-Takahashi Yu-Gi-Oh! has any right to be. Of course that series didn't keep its quality up either.

I always liked GX fwiw, but that's one mess of a series too. Feels like it all falls apart in someway post the original, and I really don't think that's nostalgia speaking.

I guess I'll give VRAINS a chance when that releases, I always do, but I dunno. I've complained about it in the past but I really don't like how anything post 5D's has been separate universe stuff. I assume VRAINS will be no different but I hope that's not the case even if it doesn't make sense at this point. It's absolutely shallow stuff but that would pull me in, even if it's minor background things. I don't like the thought of the first three series not mattering anymore, and I appreciate a more cohesive world. I guess it's what made the returning characters possible in this, but still. YGO cared about any of that since 5D's and I don't like it.

(I've also felt like YGO has gotten too futuristic to my tastes, so there's no way VRAINS will please me in that regard. lol)

I like Yuya. Guess I'll still finish this someday, I'm sure I'll crave the closure.

Its not that bad of an ending, just a rushed one. It gives closure to most questions and characters

But the story had a LOT of potential and the finale didn't do it justice. Some sub plots at the shouldn't have been there, they should have focused on the main mystery instead.

Still, it's a perfectly good card game anime, which is something I can say for all YGO series except ZEXAL.

Now bring in the Links, Can't wait for VRAINS to tell me how much the mechanics of the past series now suck ass unless you buy links

Mario007

Any idea when is the dub season 3 coming back? I watched the first two seasons dubbed, so I'd probably want to finish like that. Might start watching VRAINS subbed soon though.

Joqu

Its not that bad of an ending, just a rushed one. It gives closure to most questions and characters

But the story had a LOT of potential and the finale didn't do it justice. Some sub plots at the shouldn't have been there, they should have focused on the main mystery instead.

Still, it's a perfectly good card game anime, which is something I can say for all YGO series except ZEXAL.

Now bring in the Links, Can't wait for VRAINS to tell me how much the mechanics of the past series now suck ass unless you buy links

Oh I'm sure it's still a perfectly good card game anime, like you say it's only Zexal where I've heard much worse things. But I always hope for that little something more, y'know? When this series started I remember how people kept saying it was way better than that, that it was a genuinely good anime on its own, that was trying to tell a compelling story worth a watch even if you don't care about the card game. I felt so too, and I remember feeling the same about 5D's start (Hell, even more so there, but I don't want to get sad about what happened to 5D's again...). Wasted potential's the worst.

I dunno. A continuously strong main plot and a cast of characters that doesn't have a significant amount of them get shafted by the end of the series, that's all I ask for really. They've certainly tried but I don't feel like that's something that's been accomplished by any series since the original (Okay, I am ignoring the filler seasons here, but that's because I consider the manga to be the main thing there anyway), and I do think that's fair of me to say. ¯\_(&#12484;)_/¯

Glad to hear the ending's not outright bad though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom