• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS revealed, 6th anime series airing Spring 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
XhAJMQZ.jpg

Translation of the reveal in Weekly Shonen Jump
”The Truth about the New Series is finally revealed with new visuals!!"
”Look at the main character Yusaku's transformed form with his ace monster, ‘Decode Talker'! The new series features Yusaku engaging in Virtual Reality Duels in a cyberspace constructed with the latest technology!!"
”A mysterious creature following Yusaku!?"
”Is it a monster? Or perhaps...!? Find out more about this later!"
The Main Character, Fujiki Yusaku Yusaku is usually just a high school student, but when he Duels in the VR Space he transforms and wears a cool costume!"
Riding a board in the VR Space!!
Yusaku's Ace Monster: ”Decode Talker"! Yusaku's Ace Monster who wields a Great Sword. What could its abilities be!?
Cut Through the Wind with VR Duels!
ON AIR SPRING OF 2017 ON TV TOKYO
YGOrganization

Here are some images from the announcement in December

Will update with image of new poster when non-scan versions are released

Some more information
Boards are used to ride the ”Data Wind".
Duels now are VR!
Yusaku turns into a Hero in Virtual Reality Space

The Duel Virtual Reality Space where Duels are held is called ”Link VRAINS"!

New summoning mechanic (Link Summon) and rules.

ANN has some info too
The anime's main character Yūsaku Fujiki (pictured below) possesses a cool and sharp mind, and has the skills to be a hacker. He excels at quickly judging the situation at any place, and determining the thoughts of whomever he is talking to. His ace monster is named "Decode Talker," who wields a giant sword. Yūsaku transforms from his school uniform when he enters the VR space for duels.

In the VR space, he has the handle of "Playmaker." When he enters the VR space, he transforms, and he rides a board while dueling.

The site also revealed a design for what it labeled a "mysterious creature."

Official Site

Laieon

I haven't watched Yugioh since Duel City or Battle City or whatever that city was called, but jesus is that a terrible character design.

shingi70

Banned
Why don't they just make a sequel to the oFinal series, so eyhj g with Yugi in friends that's before or taking place I. Parallel with GX.

Never finished 5D's overly apocalyptic story but I liked what it was doing. Wonder if this one will be decent. The last one I gave up on 4 episodes in.

Since were on Yugi-oh what the hell is the timeline of this series?

Like it goes from normal Japanese city life, gaming academy on an island, self contained apocalypse but only certain people still live in said apocalypse, weird movie style duels but seemingly normal town, now this.

Seems like there not the same world but also seem to be entirely the same world.

HvySky

At this point I feel like the character designers are required to outdo the previous series' hairstyles, right? That's why we're all in here, anyway.

Breads

Banned
It's like someone was playing the original descent game and decided that those enemy ships would become a good hair style.

Like it goes from normal Japanese city life, gaming academy on an island, self contained apocalypse but only certain people still live in said apocalypse, weird movie style duels but seemingly normal town, now this.

Seems like there not the same world but also seem to be entirely the same world.

Zexal and ARC-V are their own thing, separate from the continuity of the first three series.

ARC-V was alright for what it was and I like his design more than Tomato-kun. I hope it's good.

Yu Gi Oh! - Children's Card Games With Holograms!
GX - Card Games At University!
5D's - Card Games On Motorcycles!
Zexal - Card Games With Aliens!
ARC-V - Card Games in Augmented Reality!
And now:
VRAINS: Card Games in Full Dive VR!

Tall4Life

Nothing will top 5Ds, that was the pinnacle

and I will fight anyone who says otherwise, I hated synchros and it made me quit the card game but fuck the anime was great

KHlover

Banned
Nothing will top 5Ds, that was the pinnacle

and I will fight anyone who says otherwise, I hated synchros and it made me quit the card game but fuck the anime was great
Psh, the true pinnacle didn't even air in the US. Yu-Gi-Oh! (1999 -I think-) aka Season 0 da bess.

Sandfox

Every Yugioh anime has major flaws that pop up at some point and ruin the series a bit so I hope this bucks the trend.

Fj0823

Like it goes from normal Japanese city life, gaming academy on an island, self contained apocalypse but only certain people still live in said apocalypse, weird movie style duels but seemingly normal stown, now this.

YGO>GX>5Ds are all on the same Time Line

Zexal and Arc Vf are both a different universe, but in Arc V the different dimensions have alternate versions of older characters in them.

Regarding the series, Decode Talker looks amazing as the main cards. Not feeling Yuzakus transformation and it seems they're not hyping a new summon type yet which is kind of a shame.

Fj0823

omg i just saw the scan for this

his fuckin hair changes when dueling

gold and fucking pink

Nothing new for this franchise

latest

Hopefully the new mechanic is focused on. Attributes,ritual, synchro, Xyz and Pendulun are alla level based mechanics.

And fusion has become a type based mechanic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom