• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Heero5

Invasion of Chaos basically ruined Yugioh for about 18 months. Don't forget that.

Runner-up, for me, goes to Legacy of Darkness for introducing Yata-Garasu, which got banned a week after the set's release.
Yeah IOC was crazy.

I remember A bunch of us opening packs at locals when the set first came out, I had never seen people go so crazy for rares and commons like Mad Dog of Darkness and Chaos Sorcerer.

IIRC the special edition was insane to with Gemini Elf.

Fj0823

I place DREV over IOC precisely because IOC broke the game so hard was the only thing to play, you either got the new monsters or you'd lose, hard.

DREV gave useful cards to all decks in existence, cards that are used even today.

My pulls from the Circuit Breaker sneak peek.
DMHTdbdVoAAfmPj.jpg:large
Happy about the Akashic Magician even though she seems to be power crept by Security Dragon.

Weren't too many people compared to Code of the Duelist, but that seems to be because there's a regional going on.

Spirals? Really? I loved their look when they were first announced but they sucked at the time. I saw they got a LINK, it must be stupidly good.

In testing yesterday, because of it I could make turn 1 an extra link of Double Helix-Firewall-Ib-Firewall-Double Helix along with Sleeper equipped with Last Resort

So yeah

I think 90%+ Spyral decks are the norm in Japan right now

Time for an Emergency Banlist

To be fair the last ocg list was such a nuke to the meta that it left nothing alive that could realistically compete.

Can an ABC Dragon deck even function with the link format? It'd be even more fucked if terraforming got limited in TCG too.

ABCs are actually pretty decent rn and even get help from Destrudo from CIBR.

Fj0823

Yo!

IMG_6819.jpg

Qliphort Genius

EARTH Machine Link Effect Monster
LINK-2 ATK1800
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 2 Machine monsters
(1): This Link Summoned card is unaffected by Spell/Trap effects and by activated effects of other Link Monsters.
(2): Once per turn: You can target 1 other face-up card you control and 1 face-up card your opponent controls; both cards have their effects negated until the end of this turn.
(3): When 2 monsters are Special Summoned at the same time to the zones this card points to: You can add 1 Level 5 or higher Machine monster from your Deck to your hand.

IMG_6819-1.jpg

Gladiator Beast Dragacius

WIND Winged Beast Link Effect Monster
LiNK-2 ATK2000
Materials: 2 “Gladiator Beast” monsters
You can only use the 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If a “Gladiator Beast” you control attacks, that monster cannot be destroyed by that battle, and your opponent’s cards and effects cannot be activated until the end of the Damage Step.
(2) At the end of the Battle Phase, if this card battled: You can return this card to the Extra Deck; Special Summon 2 “Gladiator Beast” monsters with different names from your Main Deck.

IMG_6819-2.jpg

Cherubin,Black Angel of the Burning Abyss

DARK Fairy Link Effect Monster
LINK-2 ATK500
Materials: 2 Level 3 monsters
You can only use the 3rd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Monsters this card points to cannot be destroyed by card effects.
(2) If this card on the field would be destroyed (by battle or by your opponent’s effects, you can send 1 card you control to the GY instead.
(3) Send 1 Level 3 monster from your Deck to the GY, then target 1 “Burning Abyss” monster you control; Increase that target’s ATK / DEF by the original ATK / DEF of the sent monster until the end of the turn.

IMG_6819-3.jpg

Kyrios, Dominion of the Lightsworn

LIGHT Warrior Link Effect Monster
LINk-3 ATK2400
Links: Up, Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Materials: 3 monsters with the same Attribute but different Types
You can only use this card’s name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn.
(1): If this card is Link Summoned: You can send 1 card from your Deck to the GY.
(2): If a card(s) is sent from your Deck to the GY by a card effect: Send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the GY.
(3): If this face-up card is destroyed by battle, or leaves the field because of an opponent’s card effect while its owner controls it: You can target 1 card in your GY; add it to your hand.

IMG_6819-4.jpg

Crystron Halifiber

WATER Machine Link Effect Monster
LInK-2 ATK1500
Materials: 2 monsters (including 1+ Tuners)
You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1): If this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Tuner from your hand or Deck in Defense Position, but its effects cannot be activated this turn.
(2) During your opponent’s Main Phase or Battle Phase: You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Tuner Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck (this Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon).

IMG_6819-5.jpg

Hieratic Seal of the Celestial Spheres

LIGHT Dragon Link Effect Monster
LiNK-2 ATK0
Materials: 2 Dragon monsters
You can only use the 2nd effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) Once per turn, during your opponent’s turn, if this card is in the Extra Monster Zone: You can Tribute 1 monster you control or in your hand; return 1 face-up card on the field to the hand.
(2) If this card is Tributed: Special Summon 1 Dragon monster from your hand or Deck, and make its ATK and DEF 0.

Arthos

Been having fun trying to build decks and looking up decks. Decided to make a cheap Cardian deck. My Cyber Angels should be arriving this week so I'll have that.

Just bought two of the Machine structure deck and two Dino. Do I need a 3rd?

Heero5

The new Aroma Link Monster looks damn good for plants.

I'm really liking the Link Vrains pack.

Been having fun trying to build decks and looking up decks. Decided to make a cheap Cardian deck. My Cyber Angels should be arriving this week so I'll have that.

Just bought two of the Machine structure deck and two Dino. Do I need a 3rd?
Probably not, the only thing I'd pick up is a 3rd Ultimate Conductor, and that's only if you plan on running the deck.

Fj0823

I remembered today, As a Costa Rican...

I´m still waiting for this anime card ):

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Stone_Bola

Costa Rican Stone Ball
When an opponent's monster declares an attack: Target that monster; negate the attack, and if you do, that target cannot attack during your opponent's next Battle Phase.

Why do you hate us Konami? I want CR to be YGO canon

Top Bottom