• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT2| You just activated my trap card!

Minor bump......

I'm searching online for yugioh cards because I want to remake my harpie deck and those cards ARE EXPENSIVE! I don't know if I should pick a different theme or try to fish out some of these cards at cardshops or something. Where does everyone get their cards from? Or does anyone here have any possibly?! :3

EDIT: The movie boxes and the duelist saga are my favorite packs to buy... I got some really good pulls from them!

Fj0823

New Cards

Fire-Opalhead.png

Opalhead
FIRE Dinosaur Pendulum Normal Monster
LV6 2500/1000
Pendulum Scale: 0
Pendulum Effect:
None
Flavor Text:
A blazingly hardheaded dinosaur leader. It greets its enemies with its signature move Fire Opal Headbutt after toying with them with its dynamic movements and flames.

Mudragon-of-the-Swamp.png

Mudragon of the Swamp)
WATER Wyrm Fusion Effect Monster
LV4 1900/1600
Materials: 2 monster with the same Attribute but different Types
(1) Your opponent cannot target this card and monsters on the field with the same Attribute as this card with card effects.
(2) Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can declare 1 Attribute; this card becomes the declared Attribute until the end of this turn.

And a nice little "Fuck You" from Konami to older decks in need of generic links

Linklebell.png

Linklebell
EARTH Fairy Link Effect Monster
LINK-2 ATK1500
Materials: 2 Monsters
Links: Bottom Left, Bottom Right
Cannot be Linked Summoned, unless you have 3 or more cards in your Extra Deck than your opponent does.

Scale 0 that can be searched through Summoner's Art is nice!

A new target for Instant Fusion is great since it can change it's Attribute if another extra deck summon requires a specific attribute.

I thought Linklebell was the Light Attribute Link 2 Hoshinengen lol, seems to be nice for Pendulum decks that can fill up their extra deck with face-up Pendulum monsters.

Fj0823

Scale 0 that can be searched through Summoner's Art is nice!

A new target for Instant Fusion is great since it can change it's Attribute if another extra deck summon requires a specific attribute.

I thought Linklebell was the Light Attribute Link 2 Hoshinengen lol, seems to be nice for Pendulum decks that can fill up their extra deck with face-up Pendulum monsters.

That's the only use I can think for it, decks like Qli and Igknight can use the little shit

Magicians need their 15 Card Extra Deck I don't see how this is better than a good ol' Decode Talker for them since they mostly Pend from the hand En masse

Hmmm that is true, Magicians can easily fill up their extra deck but they don't go for Link Monsters. I guess it can just be an alternative to Decode Talker since they basically have the same Link Arrows

Fj0823

Minor bump......

I'm searching online for yugioh cards because I want to remake my harpie deck and those cards ARE EXPENSIVE! I don't know if I should pick a different theme or try to fish out some of these cards at cardshops or something. Where does everyone get their cards from? Or does anyone here have any possibly?! :3

EDIT: The movie boxes and the duelist saga are my favorite packs to buy... I got some really good pulls from them!

Trading is always an option.

As is buying booster boxes were it's almost guaranteed you'll get the card or at least good trading fodder.

Trading is always an option.

As is buying booster boxes were it's almost guaranteed you'll get the card or at least good trading fodder.

That's true. I went to my local cardshop today and was able to pick up code talker, x3 pet dragons, harpie harpist, startdust, and an ice beast zerofyne. Not bad. It cost me a lot needless to say, but I have to ask: are people really trading on value? It seems really stupid tbh.

Fj0823

That's true. I went to my local cardshop today and was able to pick up code talker, x3 pet dragons, harpie harpist, startdust, and an ice beast zerofyne. Not bad. It cost me a lot needless to say, but I have to ask: are people really trading on value? It seems really stupid tbh.

Yes they are and yes it is.

I always trade based on what I need though.

Arthos

Got one of the Legendary Dragon box. Really liking the decks! Might get one more to make my Magician deck more reliable.

Yes they are and yes it is.

I always trade based on what I need though.

Do you have any tips on what to look out for? I bought the legendary deck box today and ended up trading some of the new magician cards for 2 cards I needed. I feel like a total idiot and really wish I could take it back :/ .

Fj0823

Do you have any tips on what to look out for? I bought the legendary deck box today and ended up trading some of the new magician cards for 2 cards I needed. I feel like a total idiot and really wish I could take it back :/ .

Usually when I trade I always ask myself 3 things

"Do I like the cards I'm giving away even if it's just for collecting or for their art?"

"Am I trading them for cards I will definitely use?"

"Am I hungry/horny enough to justify selling them cheap to buy a meal or something for my GF?" Lol

If you didn't like the Dark Magician Cards, who cares? You got cards for the deck you wanted.

If you feel you acted impulsively and lost cards you liked/money then just take the L and keep it in mind for next time.

When I got back into the game and Synchros were all the rage I traded a lot of cards I loved for shitty white cardboard like Flamvell Urukisas or X-Saber Urbellum just because they were the new shit...definitely learned my lesson

Got one of the Legendary Dragon box. Really liking the decks! Might get one more to make my Magician deck more reliable.

Hey are you to try the cyber and odd-eyes decks?

If you don't want them keep in mind many cards in the odd eyes deck are easy sells as they are doing decently in the tournament scene

Arthos

Hey are you to try the cyber and odd-eyes decks?

If you don't want them keep in mind many cards in the odd eyes deck are easy sells as they are doing decently in the tournament scene

I might look into doing that. I didn't get a chance to try out the odd eyes one but I did like the concept of the cyber deck.

I'm still learning how to Pendulum summon and all that so I'll see if I like the concept. Again, it's just for casual duels so I might just do what you said and sell the cards. I have to fund my future Trickstar deck somehow!

The Yugi Dragon Deck is worth $30 by itself, honestly.

This Collection is absurd

I love the box set so much. It's crazy just how well the cards work well with each other.

Arthos

Been running Cyber Angels like everyone else has been in Duel Links and have been liking it enough to make a real deck.

I have to get used to having Synchros and stuff. Never released used them or fusions as they just never "clicked."

I watched a video on how to Link summon and it seems like it can be a lot of fun once they add more Link cards.

Fj0823

Been running Cyber Angels like everyone else has been in Duel Links and have been liking it enough to make a real deck.

I have to get used to having Synchros and stuff. Never released used them or fusions as they just never "clicked."

I watched a video on how to Link summon and it seems like it can be a lot of fun once they add more Link cards.

I always think of my Fusions, Synchros, Xyz and Links as cards in my hand haha

Heero5

I had no idea the Japanese cards printed "Special Summon"

On an unrelated note I really like Localized Trunade.

Not returning face up cards should keep the loops in check.

Though, I don't want this card at 3 for long, I wasn't into 3 Cold Wave at all.

Fj0823

Inspect-Boarder.jpg

Inspect Boarder

LIGHT Machine Effect Monster
LV4 2000/2000
Cannot be Normal/Special Summoned while you control a monster (but can be Normal Set).
(1) Each turn, each player can only activate monster effect(s) a number of times up to the number of monster card type(s) (Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, Pendulum, and/or Link) among monsters on the field.

This guy could be a real bitch early in the game

Arthos

I'm liking that dino as well as that Link dragon monster. I've always liked dino decks but the one I have is way outdated.

I bought the Link starter deck to try and get into Link monsters. I also bought a Code of Duelist booster pack and pulled a Firewall Dragon. Debating whether to sell it or just keep it in the off-chance that I end up liking Link monsters.

Fj0823

I'm liking that dino as well as that Link dragon monster. I've always liked dino decks but the one I have is way outdated.

I bought the Link starter deck to try and get into Link monsters. I also bought a Code of Duelist booster pack and pulled a Firewall Dragon. Debating whether to sell it or just keep it in the off-chance that I end up liking Link monsters.

You lucky bastard...

Sell it.

It's the new main character's ace card. That shit will be reprinted to hell and back

See: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Number 39:Utopia, Stardust Dragon, Elemental Hero Neos and Dark Magician.

All with like 9000 easily obtainable reprints

Arthos

You lucky bastard...

Sell it.

It's the new main character's ace card. That shit will be reprinted to hell and back

See: Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Number 39:Utopia, Stardust Dragon, Elemental Hero Neos and Dark Magician.

All with like 9000 easily obtainable reprints

I haven't watched Vrains so I had no idea. Reading into the effect, it seems like a really good card.

I'll look into selling it then.

Guess I can use it as Trickstar Resurrection money.

Edit: Which are some decent, cheap link monsters?

Heero5

I haven't watched Vrains so I had no idea. Reading into the effect, it seems like a really good card.

I'll look into selling it then.

Guess I can use it as Trickstar Resurrection money.

Edit: Which are some decent, cheap link monsters?
It's going to largely depend on what deck you play.

I can only really use generic Link monsters so I run Proxy Dragon, Decode Talker, Gaia Saber, & Topologic Bomber Dragon (mainly because I don't own Firewall Dragon and like Fj said, he'll be reprinted to hell and back)

Arthos

It's going to largely depend on what deck you play.

I can only really use generic Link monsters so I run Proxy Dragon, Decode Talker, Gaia Saber, & Topologic Bomber Dragon (mainly because I don't own Firewall Dragon and like Fj said, he'll be reprinted to hell and back)

I'll look into those.

My only real decks are the Simochi one I have and the one that should be arriving next week, Cyber Angels. So... dark and light monsters.

Man, devpro is inactive, Ygopro is enforcing the current OCG rulings on me for some reason (even though I only play TCG), and Ygopro 2 is really ugly and not as easily modifiable. What do you guys use?

Fj0823

Which are some decent, cheap link monsters?

Decode Talker
Proxy Dragon
Trickstar Holly Angel
Missus Radiant
Mistar Boy
Gaia Saber the Lightning Shadow
Topologic Bomber Dragon
Ib the World Chalice Priestess
Link Spider

Bolded are the ones you can use in any deck.

I know there's very few of those, the players is quite unhappy about it

Man, devpro is inactive, Ygopro is enforcing the current OCG rulings on me for some reason (even though I only play TCG), and Ygopro 2 is really ugly and not as easily modifiable. What do you guys use?

Nvm I misread

Also I use Duelingbook because I hate myself...

Heero5

Seriously, it's been so quiet.

Though my deck is becoming a a refined killing machine for Zoo and True Draco :/

KingBroly

Banned
I got a 2nd Dragon Deck set...might get a 3rd. It's a very good set. Probably the best they've ever done.

Still hoping for a Banned Card Collection someday, though.

Some Nobody

I'm thinking of getting back into YGO. I stopped playing...like a year ago? Sometime around ABCs debuting. I know of, but missed the Zoodiac stuff.

I tried getting into Shadowverse, and while it's an okay game there's too many problems. Ya'll think going second in YGO is bad? It's a fucking death sentence in Shadowverse--summoning sickness means sometimes you're battling so far behind there are games where you or your opponent can have full life and still win the battle. Plus there aren't really side deck cards or ways to make your deck stronger against its weaknesses. There's just a lack of strategy that I miss from YGO, where it doesn't matter what my opponent uses there's something I can include in my deck to make them worry. And no matches? It's literally always gg no re.

It's starting to bug me. So what did I miss in YGO that's relevant atm.

Fj0823

I'm thinking of getting back into YGO. I stopped playing...like a year ago? Sometime around ABCs debuting. I know of, but missed the Zoodiac stuff.

I tried getting into Shadowverse, and while it's an okay game there's too many problems. Ya'll think going second in YGO is bad? It's a fucking death sentence in Shadowverse--summoning sickness means sometimes you're battling so far behind there are games where you or your opponent can have full life and still win the battle. Plus there aren't really side deck cards or ways to make your deck stronger against its weaknesses. There's just a lack of strategy that I miss from YGO, where it doesn't matter what my opponent uses there's something I can include in my deck to make them worry. And no matches? It's literally always gg no re.

It's starting to bug me. So what did I miss in YGO that's relevant atm.

Link Monsters and new Rules for Extra Deck Summons

KingBroly

Banned
1 Box of that Shit with awful pulls still gave you a fuckton of amazing cards

Invasion of Chaos basically ruined Yugioh for about 18 months. Don't forget that.

Runner-up, for me, goes to Legacy of Darkness for introducing Yata-Garasu, which got banned a week after the set's release.

Some Nobody

Gotta go deeper than that. I know Links and how they work. I should say I tried to come back to YGO earlier this year and periodically check The Org but not to the meta level I used to.

What's meta atm? What are the best side deck/tech choices? Can I still beat decks I have no right to with Blackwings, lol. And is any automatic program using Links yet? When I checked in June they weren't.

Fj0823

Gotta go deeper than that. I know Links and how they work. I should say I tried to come back to YGO earlier this year and periodically check The Org but not to the meta level I used to.

What's meta atm? What are the best side deck/tech choices? Can I still beat decks I have no right to with Blackwings, lol. And is any automatic program using Links yet? When I checked in June they weren't.

Right now, SPYRAL is looking like it will dominate the meta, as of now Magicians are topping but only because the competition was decimated on the list

Regarding programs, DevPro is using OCG rulings but it has links

And considering Blackwing Gofu is an instant LINK-3, I'd say you can

Spirals? Really? I loved their look when they were first announced but they sucked at the time. I saw they got a LINK, it must be stupidly good.

It is

Some Nobody

Right now, SPYRAL is looking like it will dominate the meta, as of now Magicians are topping but only because the competition was decimated on the list

Spirals? Really? I loved their look when they were first announced but they sucked at the time. I saw they got a LINK, it must be stupidly good.

Top Bottom