• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

The infernoid boss is nuts:

SECE-JP019 Ultra/Ultimate Rare
Infernoid Nehemoth
Level 10
FIRE/Fiend/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand or Graveyard) by banishing 3 “Infernoid” monsters total from your hand/Graveyard while the combined Level/Rank of all monsters you control is 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: You can destroy all other monsters on the field. Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a Spell/Trap Card or Effect is activated: You can Tribute 1 monster you control; negate that activation, and if you do, banish it (This is a Quick Effect).
3000 ATK/3000 DEF
Would go good with Divine Mound field spell

Regiruler

Would go good with Divine Mound field spell

They have their own, actually:
Overflowing Purgatory
Field Spell Card
During each of your Standby Phases: You can Special Summon 1 "Infernoid Token" (Fiend-Type/FIRE/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0). If you would Special Summon an "Infernoid" monster by its own effect, you can also banish "Infernoid" monsters you control. Your opponent cannot target "Infernoid" monsters you control for attacks or card effects, except the "Infernoid" monster(s) you control with the highest Level.
Granted this actually reverses the protection. However, you can't summon your monsters while Nehemoth is up. A little context:

Infernoid Beelzebul
Level 2
FIRE/Fiend/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand), by banishing 1 “Infernoid” monster from your hand or Graveyard while the combined Level/Rank of all Effect Monsters you control is 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up card your opponent controls; return it to the hand. Once per turn, during your opponent’s turn: You can Tribute 1 monster you control, then target 1 card in your opponent’s Graveyard; banish it.
0 ATK/ 2000 DEF
Infernoid Lucifugus
Level 3
FIRE/Fiend/Effect
Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand), by banishing 1 “Infernoid” monster from your hand or Graveyard while the combined Level/Rank of all Effect Monsters you control is 8 or less, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn: You can target 1 face-up monster; destroy it. This card cannot attack during the turn you activate this effect. Once per turn, during your opponent’s turn: You can Tribute 1 monster you control, then target 1 card in your opponent’s Graveyard; banish it.
1600 ATK/ 0 DEF

As Nehemoth is level 10, it would prevent you from summoning anything in your own archetype, so it's a good idea to summon the smaller guys first so your level count is 8 or below.

Wiseblade

Been experimenting with a ton of deck types over the last few weeks (still on the PS3 game). Most successful results have probably been Mermails, Geargia and Prophecy.

For Prophecy, I'm running pure High Priestess rather than using World, since the latter always seems to end up in my hand. Been struggling for ages over whether to use 3x Temperance or 3x Justice. Currently using 2 of each until I can make a clear decision, though I'm leaning more towards Justice at the moment.

Deck’s been surprisingly consistent so far, even in Tag Duels where some of my used Spellbooks end up going into my partner's deck with Tower. It's also really fun to play.

Triple Priestess over World is definitely the right choice in my opinion. World is powerful, but doesn't mesh with the primary Prophecy strategy of grinding down the opponent with field control and card advantage.

You can't go wrong with either Justice or Temperance, but 3 is too many. 2 of either (I don't think it's a good idea to mix) is enough given that you're bound to draw into a Priestess or two a lot of the time as well. They aren't cards you want to draw in multiples, either. the space a third occupies would be much better spent on something like Breaker, the Magical Warrior or Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer; Spellbook-compatible monsters that support the control strategy and boast higher ATK than your other Non-Priestess monsters.

As for which one to use, it depends on your preference. Temperance putting a 2500 body immediately onto the field is better suited for backrow light decks. Temperance lends itself better to Spellbook of Life shenanigans too. Justice requires a beefier trap lineup to protect your Lifepoints once it leaves the field. Justice's spellbook search can easily turn dire hands into good ones by pulling a Much needed Spellbook out of the deck where a Temperance player would just have to rely on the heart of the cards.

Triple Priestess over World is definitely the right choice in my opinion. World is powerful, but doesn't mesh with the primary Prophecy strategy of grinding down the opponent with field control and card advantage.

You can't go wrong with either Justice or Temperance, but 3 is too many. 2 of either (I don't think it's a good idea to mix) is enough given that you're bound to draw into a Priestess or two a lot of the time as well. They aren't cards you want to draw in multiples, either. the space a third occupies would be much better spent on something like Breaker, the Magical Warrior or Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer; Spellbook-compatible monsters that support the control strategy and boast higher ATK than your other Non-Priestess monsters.

As for which one to use, it depends on your preference. Temperance putting a 2500 body immediately onto the field is better suited for backrow light decks. Temperance lends itself better to Spellbook of Life shenanigans too. Justice requires a beefier trap lineup to protect your Lifepoints once it leaves the field. Justice's spellbook search can easily turn dire hands into good ones by pulling a Much needed Spellbook out of the deck where a Temperance player would just have to rely on the heart of the cards.
Priestess is great in the hand or deck, and I really value her consistency over World. Plus I prefer her effect and she adds a lot more value to Eternity.

The main reason I was planning on running either 3 Hierophant or 3 Justice is because my deck is currently really light on monsters. Current line-up is 3 High Priestess, 3 Spellbook Magician, 2 Hierophant and 2 Justice (10 total). I’m using Fiendish Chain over Effect Veiler or Breakthrough Skill, and those combined with other common traps gives me some protection from attacks, which is probably part of the reason I’m leaning Justice. I hadn’t really considered non-Prophecy monsters, but I could see myself getting use from a Breaker or Kycoo so I’ll do some testing.

My Spellbook line-up is pretty standard, except that the ban list on the PS3 game isn’t up-to-date so I can run Fate x2 which is great. No Judgment though sadly. Also I only use 2 Crescent (from what I’ve gathered 3 is usual), since it's typically a dead draw outside the early game (except for use with Priestess) and I don’t usually have that many problems starting up.

Anyway, appreciate the input, thanks.

Raigeki limited now. why

Also wanted to point out Zexal World Carnival is up on the NA eShop for $19.99

RotA and Magician of Faith are at 3? :eek:

I-hate-u

Those guys at Konami HQ like watch Yugioh players suffer, don't they.

Why is Stratos still banned?

Edit: Seeing as how Konami had the audacity to Rageki got off the list, it is now not totally out of this realm to see
180px-ChaosEmperorDragonEnvoyoftheEnd-DR2-EN-UR-UE.jpg
come back.

Those guys at Konami HQ like watch Yugioh players suffer, don't they.

Why is Stratos still banned?

Edit: Seeing as how Konami had the audacity to Rageki got off the list, it is now not totally out of this realm to see
180px-ChaosEmperorDragonEnvoyoftheEnd-DR2-EN-UR-UE.jpg
come back.
That is true. But no plz stay buried OP dragon of nightmare fuel.

Wichu

Guess I need to figure out where I put my beat-up copy of Raigeki from when I started. I think it's somewhere in my younger brother's pile of cards.

Foto_raigeki.jpg

FUCK YEAH RAIGEKI

Big One

Banned
So I'm creating a Yu-Gi-Oh cube, if anyone cares. I'm dubbing it Final Destination, and I have about half of the cards irl. Here's some random booster mockup designs:

ScRy14l.jpg

Currently as of planning, this is going to be my Cube, in image form:

To quote my post on Pojo:
So after being bored with the current game of YGO and fascinated by the idea of a Cube draft/sealed format, I'm working on developing my cube, dubbing it as Final Destination.

Final Destination is a cube concept, compiling the best outright generic and splashable cards in YGO into one set, including some banned cards. This will be a big set, and currently what I've compiled with the power of Dueling Network card database I have 565 Cards.

Normal cubes have 360 cards, but not mine. Hah!

The full card list in image form: http://i.imgur.com/ENMqkjv.jpg

*text list coming later*

Draft rules:

Booster draft is done between 8 players, traditional. You can modify the rules to where the draft is done with less, like 2 or 4, if you want.

This is a singleton cube, meaning the cards you have in your deck is the only card in the entire set of that name. Though there's a lot of similar cards in this set spread out to give players a chance to play with similar cards for an even playing ground.

Each Final Destination booster is compiled of 14 cards made up of a 490 cardpool of non-Extra Deck monster cards (this will be explained later). Final Destination is a booster cube draft set of 35 booster packs. Each booster pack contains 14 cards compiling of 8 monsters, 3 spells, and 3 traps all randomized. To play draft, all 35 packs are created beforehand by the owner of the cube, and then are randomly selected by the players of the draft.

Each player starts with 4 boosters, and chooses one to open first. They pick 1 card from said booster which they can add to their pool. Then once you're done picking your card, pass your booster clockwise. This repeats till there is no cards left to pick, and then all players must open their second booster. This repeats until there's no more cards left for players to pick from the four booster packs, and all players will have 56 cards in their pool. 40 cards from this pool will be in your main deck, and the rest in your side deck.

After drafting for the main deck and side deck is finished, drafting for the Extra Deck will begin, with another booster pack called Final Destination Companion, compiled of 75 Extra Deck monsters. Final Destination Companion is a set of 15 booster packs, with 5 monsters in each of them. Each player gets 3 boosters of Final Destination, and drafts monsters until they have no more picks left. This will give all 8 players 15 card extra decks.

Sealed deck rules:

Similar to draft, you're building a sealed deck from a series of booster packs. You use 5 boosters of Final Destination to make your main and side decks, and 4 boosters of Final Destination Companion to make your Extra Deck.

Limited List:

To place a grip on some of the more broken cards in YGO, I have come up with a Limited List concept.

Unlike in normal YGO, my Limited List is different from theirs. Since everything in my cube are singletons, EVERY card is limited already, which means YGO's normal concept of Limited cards does not apply to my cube.

In my cube, you can only have ONE Limited card in your entire deck (main and side deck included). Meaning, you cannot have two, three, etc.

The list of Limited cards are:

Confiscation
Delinquent Duo
Heavy Storm
Monster Reborn
Soul Charge
The Forceful Sentry
Crush Card Virus
Solemn Judgment

To signify that these cards are Limited, each copy of this card in the Cube will have a text on them that says LIMITED. Players will be explained what this means before draft or sealed played if they do not know.

Drafting note: If, for some reason, at the end of a single drafting booster session, you're left with 1 card to pick and it happens to be a Limited card when you already have a Limited card in your deck, this card must be removed from the session all together, making your pool 1 card smaller.

Some other specifics:

Keep in mind a lot of this is concept and could change. I'm going to use this thread to update my progress of creating this cube. I have about half of all of these cards irl that I own, and most of them are in random sleeves that are mismatched. I'm developing this cube, to be specific.

Every card in my cube will be doubled sleeved with perfect fits and ultra pros, to add an extra layer of protection. Why? Cause a lot of the cards I have are of random rarities and this is going to be a thing I want to keep for a long time and to protect my cards. Plus it makes the decks look better and cooler and ****.

I'm also going to develop a box of some sort, though this might be much much later in the development cycle. This will take on the appearance of the Deluxe Edition boxes, only featuring art from random cards like Crystal Seer, Caius, D.D. Warrior Lady, etc. This box will take the shape of a literal cube, maybe...

Also a text logo, and possibly even a mock-up booster pack design for fun and flavor for the Final Destination concept.

Update 1: Created the booster designs for my Cube: http://imgur.com/a/V6ghv

Progress:
Concept: 100% (modifications are open)
Card collection: 50%
Perfect-Tight Sleeves: 0%
Ultra pro Black Sleeves: 0%
Box: 0%
Booster pack design: 100%

Regiruler

You guys like KKM or GX anime decks?

QSnOzDA.png

SECE-JP033
Koa’ki Meiru Overdose
Level 4
EARTH/Rock/Effect
During each of your End Phases, destroy this card unless you send 1 “Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru” from your hand to the Graveyard or reveal 1 Rock-Type monster in your hand. During either player’s turn, when your opponent would Summon a monster(s): You can Tribute this card; negate that Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster(s).

TADLTvK.jpg

SECE-JP077
Blaze Accelerator Magazine
Continuous Trap Card
This card's name becomes "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" while it is on the field. During either player's Main Phase: You can send 1 "Volcanic" card from your hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Blaze Accelerator Magazine" once per turn. During either player's Main Phase: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; send 1 "Volcanic" card from your Deck to the Graveyard.

Wichu

QSnOzDA.png

SECE-JP033
Koa’ki Meiru Overdose
Level 4
EARTH/Rock/Effect
During each of your End Phases, destroy this card unless you send 1 “Iron Core of Koa’ki Meiru” from your hand to the Graveyard or reveal 1 Rock-Type monster in your hand. During either player’s turn, when your opponent would Summon a monster(s): You can Tribute this card; negate that Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster(s).

Long live Koa'ki Meiru control!
as much as it was ever alive in the first place

Kinda tempted to build Koa'ki Meiru actually. Other than Crusader and Urnight, they're dirt cheap (and even those two aren't too bad). Considering I only ever play casually with friends, seems like it might be the perfect deck to lose them :p

Wiseblade

http://i.imgur.com/QSnOzDA.png[IMG]
SECE-JP033
Koa’ki Meiru Overdose
Level 4
EARTH/Rock/Effect

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TADLTvK.jpg[IMG]
SECE-JP077
Blaze Accelerator Magazine
Continuous Trap Card
This card's name becomes "Tri-Blaze Accelerator" while it is on the field. During either player's Main Phase: You can send 1 "Volcanic" card from your hand to the Graveyard, and if you do, draw 1 card. You can only use this effect of "Blaze Accelerator Magazine" once per turn. During either player's Main Phase: You can banish this card from your Graveyard; send 1 "Volcanic" card from your Deck to the Graveyard.[/QUOTE]
Ehh. Negating [I]any[/I] summon is a bit silly. Accelerator Magazine is nice, but Volcanics are a lost cause. I've played more Amazoness decks than Volcanics.

Wichu

I went to my LGS to test my new MTG deck, and played a few games of Yu-Gi-Oh as well. I encountered Evilswarm Ophion for the first time. I don't think a deck has ever been hosed as hard :(

Wiseblade

Thinking about unloved FIRE decks just makes me miss my Jurracs. Laval Volcano Handmaiden should have been limited instead of Rekindling...

Regiruler

Even without handmaiden Rekindling is overly nuts in quite a few decks. Hazy Flames can brute force past anything with it, Fire Kings had a nutty play or two, and Cthuga turbo is downright mind-melting (albeit Korea-only).

Regiruler

The recent Pojo/YGOrg hacks have made me more frustrated over Vjump leaks being later than usual.

Meanwhile have a Yusei thingy (new structure deck boss):

SD28-JP040
Stardust Warrior
Level 10
WIND/Warrior/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner Synchro Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner Synchro Monsters
During either player's turn, when your opponent would Special Summon a monster(s): You can Tribute this card; negate the Special Summon, and if you do, destroy that monster(s). During the End Phase, if this effect was activated this turn (and was not negated): You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If this face-up card leaves the field due to your opponent’s card effect or being destroyed by battle: You can Special Summon 1 Level 8 or lower “Warrior” Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck (this Special Summon is treated as a Synchro Summon).
3000 ATK/ 2500 DEF

No pic b/c from scan.

Regiruler

I think part of me died when I saw PSP.

Why do these things not come to the 3DS as well? Is there some sort of Sony deal with the tag force line?

Regiruler

I should mention there's a text error: it summons a level 8 or lower "Warrior", not any level. So you can't summon another copy.

Wiseblade

It's weird to think we've reached the point where "Character decks" can actually handle themselves. Prophecy are basically alternate versions of Yugi's spellcasters and an actual Dark Magician Deck is no longer a complete joke. Blue-Eyes has its own thing going on too. HEROes have gone from complete irrelevance to best archetype, but that's inevitable when you have so many cards to work with. Junk-Doppel is still crazy when it pops off and Stardust Dragon is still a great Synchro Gagaga/Utopia kind of let the side down and I have no idea what the main character of Arc-V uses, but it's still leagues above how things used to be.

Wiseblade

Why? Because of the Timeaus stuff?

5ds collection stuff leaking. Mostly interested in secret Crimson Blader and common veiler.

It's got more to do with all the support Spellcasters have received over the years. Somehow Konami managed to make some decent ones along the way.

Regiruler

It's got more to do with all the support Spellcasters have received over the years. Somehow Konami managed to make some decent ones along the way.

There's also Ebon whatshisface.

In other news Infernoids leave people disappointed. At least the playerbase is consistent in that regard.

Wiseblade

There's also Ebon whatshisface.

In other news Infernoids leave people disappointed. At least the playerbase is consistent in that regard.

That was the one that leapt to mind first.

This is news to me. I can't beat any decent deck with mine, so I've settled with being able to beat modified structure decks.

Do you happen to have a decklist for him? :)

There's multiple options available to you:

1) Almost all of the Prophecy Monsters are alternate versions of cards Yugi used in the show and other notable spellcasters from that era. Dark Magician = High Priestess, Summoned Skull = Prophecy Destroyer, Dark Magician Girl= Empress, DMoC = Heirophant, Silent Magician LV4 = Temperance... Just bang your head on a desk until you can no longer tell the difference from the originals.

2) An Ebon Illusion Magician deck could work pretty well. with cards like Elemental HERO Prisma and stable XYZs like Daigusto Emeral and Lavalval Chain, you could easily get Dark Magicians onto the field.

3) A Dark Magician deck with Spellbook support might not be terrible. But I imagine you'd eventually just snap and replace DM with High Priestess, which leads me back to option 1.

Wichu

There's multiple options available to you:

1) Almost all of the Prophecy Monsters are alternate versions of cards Yugi used in the show and other notable spellcasters from that era. Dark Magician = High Priestess, Summoned Skull = Prophecy Destroyer, Dark Magician Girl= Empress, DMoC = Heirophant, Silent Magician LV4 = Temperance... Just bang your head on a desk until you can no longer tell the difference from the originals.

2) An Ebon Illusion Magician deck could work pretty well. with cards like Elemental HERO Prisma and stable XYZs like Daigusto Emeral and Lavalval Chain, you could easily get Dark Magicians onto the field.

3) A Dark Magician deck with Spellbook support might not be terrible. But I imagine you'd eventually just snap and replace DM with High Priestess, which leads me back to option 1.

Prophecy just isn't the same. And it can't summon Dark Paladin.

I'm currently running a mashup of Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes, with Blue-Eyes for draw power, additional normal monsters for Daigusto Emeral and Champion's Vigilance, fusing into Amulet Dragon, and powering up Dark Paladin. Also for infinite nostalgia points.

I'm probably going to switch over to a pure DM build at some point once we have some more support - I'm in Europe, so I can't get Ebon Illusion Magician, unfortunately. I'm also looking forward to Dark Renewal and Dark Illusion when they finally get released over here...

Wiseblade

Prophecy just isn't the same. And it can't summon Dark Paladin.
Yeah, but it can summon High Priestess and use Spellbook of Fate so there.

I'm currently running a mashup of Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes, with Blue-Eyes for draw power, additional normal monsters for Daigusto Emeral and Champion's Vigilance, fusing into Amulet Dragon, and powering up Dark Paladin. Also for infinite nostalgia points.
That actually sounds pretty good. Mind posting a decklist?

Wichu

My current list is:

2 Armageddon Knight
1 Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
3 Blue-Eyes White Dragon
2 Dark Magician
1 Dark Magician Girl
3 Elemental HERO Prisma
2 Maiden with Eyes of Blue
2 Summoner Monk
2 The White Stone of Legend
1 Cards of Consonance
1 Dark Magic Attack
3 Dragon's Mirror
1 Foolish Burial
1 Magical Dimension
1 One for One
2 Reinforcement of the Army
1 Silent Doom
3 The Eye of Timaeus
3 Trade-In
3 Call of the Haunted
2 Champion's Vigilance

2 Amulet Dragon
1 Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon
2 Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight
2 Dark Paladin
1 Five-Headed Dragon
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Blade Armor Ninja
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Maestroke the Symphony Djinn

The general line of play is to dump Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes into the graveyard somehow, then reanimate with Daigusto Emeral or Call of the Haunted. From there, you can just beat down with Champion's Vigilance backup, or if possible Timaeus into Dark Paladin to make each of your cards double as "negate a Spell" and even bigger beats. Once your opponent manages to kill Dark Magician/Blue-Eyes, you can Dragon's Mirror into Amulet Dragon or even Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon.

There are definitely improvements to make, partly due to me not owning certain cards (e.g. Silent Doom -> Swing of Memories and better Xyz Monsters like Exciton Knight and Number 101).

I suspect the deck might be better without Dark Magician Girl; I rarely end up summoning her, and she indirectly uses up Extra Deck space in Dark Magician Girl the Dragon Knight and Black Rose Dragon (all my Tuners are Level 1, so she's the only way to make Black Rose). I've also yet to summon Five-Headed Dragon, so I'll probably take that out at some point. This frees up space for more Emerals (once I can get hold of some) and other utility Rank 4s. I'm considering Excalibur and Gandiva since most of my Level 4s are Warriors.

Another thing I've tried is Destiny HERO - Diamond Dude for random free Dark Magic Attacks and Destiny HERO engine support alongside Malicious, but the Blue-Eyes build is more fun IMO.

Wichu

My LGS owner managed to sell me a box of Legendary Collection 5D's (curse my wanting to build a Nordic deck!). Somehow I managed to get even less value out of it than out of my two Mega Tins :/

Secret Rares:
Guldfaxe of the Nordic Beasts (already had a playset)
Gleipnir, the Fetters of Fenrir (already had a playset)
TG1-EM1
Blackwing Armor Master
Odin, Father of the Aesir (already had two)

Ultra Rares:
Rosaria, the Stately Fallen Angel
T.G. Rush Rhino
Black Whirlwind
Lightning Warrior
Red Dragon Archfiend

Super Rares:
Earthbound Immortal Ccarayhua
Earthbound Immortal Wiraqocha Rasca
Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord
Blackwing - Silverwind the Ascendant
Junk Berserker

Rares:
Meklord Army of Wisel
Rose Tentacles
Strong Wind Dragon
Turret Warrior
Earthbound Wave

It's pretty bad when the cards I'm most happy to get from the box are two Mara of the Nordic Alfar to finish up my set.

I already had an Ultimate Rare Black Rose Dragon (thanks to my childhood self's impulse buys), so I don't even care for the promo one.

Regiruler

They kinda screwed up LC5Ds.

On another notes, rumored effects for the WIND and WATER el shaddolls are going around, and both are mind-numbingly stupid.

Wichu

They kinda screwed up LC5Ds.

On another notes, rumored effects for the WIND and WATER el shaddolls are going around, and both are mind-numbingly stupid.

I do like the cards in it, but the problem is the rarity distribution. Why print Emptiness if it's not going to affect the price since it's a Secret? Also it should've had Duel Dragons. I want Stardust Spark :(

On the other hand, I can pick up Vanadis for cheap now. There's some fun casual decks that benefited from the mass reprints.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Is anyone still watching Arc-V? My OT for it is completely dead, but recently I watched all the new episodes, and have to say, I'm really enjoying it still. The weakest part of the show is the few recent episodes had really cheap duels, but the characters, the way they develop the back-story, and the music are all pretty enjoyable.

Also, somewhat related, but what are people's thoughts here on Cardfight Vanguard? I watched the first two episodes the other day, and found it pretty refreshing compared to Yu-Gi-Oh...decidedly more "grounded", and I liked how the MC's win against the rival was really low-key, a realistic turn-around, as opposed to a grand reverse play like Yu-Gi-Oh tends to do where the MC wins after losing basically all their lifepoints (basically every duel in Arc-V seems to do this, luckily Yuya's entertaining enough to pull if off decently).

Wiseblade

Is anyone still watching Arc-V? My OT for it is completely dead, but recently I watched all the new episodes, and have to say, I'm really enjoying it still. The weakest part of the show is the few recent episodes had really cheap duels, but the characters, the way they develop the back-story, and the music are all pretty enjoyable.

Also, somewhat related, but what are people's thoughts here on Cardfight Vanguard? I watched the first two episodes the other day, and found it pretty refreshing compared to Yu-Gi-Oh...decidedly more "grounded", and I liked how the MC's win against the rival was really low-key, a realistic turn-around, as opposed to a grand reverse play like Yu-Gi-Oh tends to do where the MC wins after losing basically all their lifepoints (basically every duel in Arc-V seems to do this, luckily Yuya's entertaining enough to pull if off decently).
I don't really watch the show. I just hate the way duels progess with the most contrived comebacks.

I uswd to watch vanguard, and really enjoyed it early on when things were more grounded and the MC won by using a top tier deck and playing it well. But then it fell into the trap (no pun intended) of needing to add high stakes and giving people magic win powers.

Top Bottom