• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Tizoc

tumblr_mz3710bQJM1rr8asvo1_1280.png

The advice that absolutely no one follows for the rest of the show
So true...

Wichu

So I'm messing about with a janky deck that I thought might be good against my local meta. I've been playing a few matches on DevPro, which is less than ideal as a lot of people use OCG-exclusives (I'm sure there's a TCG server, but I can't be bothered to figure out DevPro's awful interface).

Turns out my Nekroz matchup is ridiculously one-sided.
I looked up a few Nekroz lists, and a bunch of them literally can't beat First of the Dragons before siding. Guess I'm set for the next meta :)

Wichu

How fast can you get that card out though?

My current deck runs a crapton of token generators and fusion spell search, so I can get it turn 2 pretty consistently. I can't seem to find any token generators that make 2+ tokens immediately and let me fusion the same turn, which is my biggest problem right now.

I'm also going to try a Normal Pendulum build, but I think just focusing on summoning and protecting First of the Dragons and ignoring everything else might be better.

Wiseblade

My current deck runs a crapton of token generators and fusion spell search, so I can get it turn 2 pretty consistently. I can't seem to find any token generators that make 2+ tokens immediately and let me fusion the same turn, which is my biggest problem right now.

I'm also going to try a Normal Pendulum build, but I think just focusing on summoning and protecting First of the Dragons and ignoring everything else might be better.

A normal Pendulum build would likely give you more flexibility and leaves the door open for Xys Summons.

Wichu

Yeah, I agree. One of the weaknesses of my current token-based build is that it doesn't really have any strong monsters other than First of the Dragons, so if my opponent plays defensively they can last for quite a while.

Once I draw a Mecha Phantom Beast Hamstrat, then I can use it and First of the Dragons to make Enterblathnir, then use Hamstrat's tokens for a new First of the Dragons, which is pretty fun.

Anyway, time to try a Pendulum build :D

Regiruler

Normal pendulums are good shit. When blazeman becomes legal, it gives the deck more consistent access to fusion substitute via ROTA.

Wichu

Fusion Substitute isn't good in Normal Pendulums. I'd rather just have Polymerization pretty much all the time.

Regiruler

Fusion Substitute isn't good in Normal Pendulums. I'd rather just have Polymerization pretty much all the time.

What's the point? You lose your pendulums forever if you fuse from the hand, unless you draw into Pot of Wealth.
Much rather have First recur. Reduces extra deck imprint as well.
Not to mention access to the E-HERO element fusions.

But they aren't that good. The majority of the deck is DARK (labra, ally mind, and 2 of the normal pendulums in dragon horn and foucalt) and escuridao is barely used even in HERO decks.

What's the point? You lose your pendulums forever if you fuse from the hand, unless you draw into Pot of Wealth.
Much rather have First recur. Reduces extra deck imprint as well.

But they aren't that good. The majority of the deck is DARK (labra, ally mind, and 2 of the normal pendulums in dragon horn and foucalt) and escuridao is barely used even in HERO decks.
I think its better to just use mask change second.

Regiruler

I think its better to just use mask change second.

For what, dark law?
I already said extra deck space is tight.

The only HERO in the deck is blazeman, and purely because is searches out fusion substitute and is tutorable via rota.

MEANWHILE: OCG banlist is full of fuck. HFD swapped with HS, a bunch of other shit is back w/ errata.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Man the ocg version of the Hero deck comes with a bunch of good cards. It'd be cool if the tcg version brings them all over (it won't)

Wichu

Super Polymerization banned? It's a cool card, but First of the Dragons is completely fine with this. He doesn't really care about Honest either!

Not so much at Snatch Steal to Limited and Dark Hole to Semi. Dark Hole doesn't really see play, but Snatch Steal is terrifying.

Me and my friends are thinking to buy Millennium Deuls for the PS3 as our winter-break game. But I've been reading online that the online is spotty? Can anyone confirm?

Wichu

Anyone else go to a Secrets of Eternity sneak peek?

I thought I had quite a nice deck (other than not having any spells/traps because archetypes suck), and won my first two matches.

Match three I played against someone whose deck was packed with Infernoids and just couldn't kill all of them - in G2 he opened Void Flood and four Infernoids. Yeah.

Match four I managed to gain the advantage pretty quickly both games, but my opponent topdecked an Infernoid Seitsemas both times and completely murdered me.

Basically, fuck Infernoids.

Anyone else go to a Secrets of Eternity sneak peek?

I thought I had quite a nice deck (other than not having any spells/traps because archetypes suck), and won my first two matches.

Match three I played against someone whose deck was packed with Infernoids and just couldn't kill all of them - in G2 he opened Void Flood and four Infernoids. Yeah.

Match four I managed to gain the advantage pretty quickly both games, but my opponent topdecked an Infernoid Seitsemas both times and completely murdered me.

Basically, fuck Infernoids.
I did but I didnt grab anything, I started playing Weiss Schwarz though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's crazy that 3DS can't even manage to get one good YGO game. All of the previous Nintendo handhelds managed at least two good ones.

Wichu

Then you're going to make somebody on eBay very happy.

Yeah. I just bought a set of Ebon Illusion Magicians for the equivalent of $30 (then realised my current build doesn't actually support it - time for some tweaks!)

Gonna try a Gagaga base once World Superstars comes out with Gagaga Sister (and a reprint of the incredibly badass Legendary Magician of Dark). It's a shame Magi Magi Magicial Gal isn't available outside of Japan - I might have to grab some Noritos for some Xyz Evolution fun.

Wichu

MFW World of Nightshroud is confirmed fake

2mH5YCf.jpg

The World of Nightshroud logo looked incredibly awful anyway - if it hadn't been reported by a number of reputable sites, I would've called bullshit :(

We're definitely getting Dragons of Destiny or whatever they decide to call the Dragons of Legend followup soonish, though. It's coming out in May in Japan.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I bought Duel Carnival because it was on sale and played through a few of the story mode decks. YGO has become weird and the main character guy has a ridiculously good deck. Draw right and you can win on turn three.

Top Bottom