• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Community |OT| It's Time to D-D-D-D, D-D-D-D-Duel!

Best banlist in years even though it should've did more things to Nekroz and Burning Abyss...and Shaddolls as well.

I need advice readjusting my Madolches deck to this new format. Current one:

oddBgxI.png

Wichu

Screw the ban list, there's a more important change. Namely a game rules change that completely nerfs Berserker Soul.

If a player’s Life Points reach 0 during the resolution of a card effect or a player is required to draw and cannot, the Duel immediately ends.

Konami why

Regiruler

Screw the ban list, there's a more important change. Namely a game rules change that completely nerfs Berserker Soul.

Konami why

As a note, this does not affect card-specific win conditions They still need to be correct at the end of the chain link's resolution.

not really a big yugioh expert at all and I've mostly been trolling people with a burn deck but I slowly morphed it into a train deck.(cause I liked Gustav so much)

That's what is right now, please tell me how shit it is and make it better.

that side deck is random cards I don't want to forget about.

Regiruler

not really a big yugioh expert at all and I've mostly been trolling people with a burn deck but I slowly morphed it into a train deck.(cause I liked Gustav so much)

That's what is right now, please tell me how shit it is and make it better.

that side deck is random cards I don't want to forget about.

You'll need to remove redox april 1st.

Mumups

Hey guys, this seemed like the most appropriate place to ask so..

After trying to get the duel generation android app on my phone for the past 3 days I've given up and am now looking for an alternative handheld game and I can't seem to get a definitive answer as to what that alternative is from Google.

Basically, I want a game where you have all/the vast majority of the OG cards, and it would be great if you could play as or play against the OG yugioh cast as well as the new characters but that's not really essential I guess.

I almost bought the world duel carnival 3DS game today, but I've heard it's not that good?

So yeah, in terms of AI challenge and fun etc, what's the best handheld one to get?

Thanks

I bought myself Premium Gold, Return of the Bling. Man these things are expensive. Anyways I got:

Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Junk Giant
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Chain Disappearence
FoolishBurial
Formula Synchron
ABsolute King Back Jack x 2
Penopero cerpreus
Number 101: Silent Honor ARK x2
Masked HERO Anki
Elemental HERO Prisma
Rose Lover
Rank-Up-Magic Barian's Force

As a casual, I'm glad to have finally gotten a piece of Exodia.

After trying to get the duel generation android app on my phone for the past 3 days I've given up and am now looking for an alternative handheld game and I can't seem to get a definitive answer as to what that alternative is from Google.

Basically, I want a game where you have all/the vast majority of the OG cards, and it would be great if you could play as or play against the OG yugioh cast as well as the new characters but that's not really essential I guess.

I almost bought the world duel carnival 3DS game today, but I've heard it's not that good?

So yeah, in terms of AI challenge and fun etc, what's the best handheld one to get?

Thanks
YGOpro android app is the only way to really go

Regiruler

DN is better than any unofficial simulator when it comes to rulings. You either encounter bugs that lead to incorrect ruling, or get streamlined into a mechanic without being told why it works that way. Hell, the admin exam is far more rigorous than anything konami judges go through, so you get some of the best ruling info in the game.

DN is better than any unofficial simulator when it comes to rulings. You either encounter bugs that lead to incorrect ruling, or get streamlined into a mechanic without being told why it works that way. Hell, the admin exam is far more rigorous than anything konami judges go through, so you get some of the best ruling info in the game.
He's talking about a phone app. DN you could try but it requires flash player support.

Kito

I've discovered two recent Dark Magician support cards that have only been printed in Japan - Black Illusion and Dark Burning Magic. Will they be released in the west?

Thanks

YGoPro is probably your best bet. Helps to have a small tablet or large phone (except the Note 4, the high resolution makes buttons and drop-down boxes tiny).

Skittles

Holy god damn at the pulls I got from the new gold set
Dandylion x1
Number 14: Greedy sarameya x1
Ghost Charon, the Underworld Boatman x1
Five-Headed Dragon x1
Right Arm of the Forbidden One x1
Card Trooper x1
PeroPero Cerperus x1
Santa Claws x1
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness x1
Advanced Ritual Art x1
Number 101: Silent Horror ARK x1
Dragocytos Corrupted NetherSoul Dragon x1
Absolute King Back Jack x1
Crush Card Virus x1
Foolish Burial x1

Junk Giant x1
Blackwing Nothung the Starlight x1
Veil of Darkness x1
Armades, Keeper of Boundaries x1
Left Leg of the Forbidden One x1
Number 14: Greedy Sarameya x1
Ghost Charon, the Underworld Boatmam x1
Formula Synchron x1
The Grand Spellbook Tower x1
Sinister Serpent x1
PeroPero Cerperus x1
Santa Claws x1
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World x1
Temple of the Kings x1
Mystical Beast of Serket x1

Well worth the $30 I spent.

Holy god damn at the pulls I got from the new gold set
Dandylion x1
Number 14: Greedy sarameya x1
Ghost Charon, the Underworld Boatman x1
Five-Headed Dragon x1
Right Arm of the Forbidden One x1
Card Trooper x1
PeroPero Cerperus x1
Santa Claws x1
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness x1
Advanced Ritual Art x1
Number 101: Silent Horror ARK x1
Dragocytos Corrupted NetherSoul Dragon x1
Absolute King Back Jack x1
Crush Card Virus x1
Foolish Burial x1

Junk Giant x1
Blackwing Nothung the Starlight x1
Veil of Darkness x1
Armades, Keeper of Boundaries x1
Left Leg of the Forbidden One x1
Number 14: Greedy Sarameya x1
Ghost Charon, the Underworld Boatmam x1
Formula Synchron x1
The Grand Spellbook Tower x1
Sinister Serpent x1
PeroPero Cerperus x1
Santa Claws x1
Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World x1
Temple of the Kings x1
Mystical Beast of Serket x1

Well worth the $30 I spent.
You lucky sob

Fj0823

I bought myself Premium Gold, Return of the Bling. Man these things are expensive. Anyways I got:

Right Arm of the Forbidden One
Junk Giant
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Chain Disappearence
FoolishBurial
Formula Synchron

ABsolute King Back Jack x 2
Penopero cerpreus
Number 101: Silent Honor ARK x2
Masked HERO Anki
Elemental HERO Prisma
Rose Lover
Rank-Up-Magic Barian's Force

As a casual, I'm glad to have finally gotten a piece of Exodia.

Exodia!? Who cares? you got NUMBER 101!! Its one of the best, if not THE best rank 4 Xyz monster in the game, it was a a really expensive card and you got 2 of ´em.
I want your luck!!

Regiruler

I finally beat Towers (aka the final boss) in Duel Arena. At least I was able to finish the questline before they shut down the service.

tbvEv1u.jpg

Furnimal Mouse / Fluffal Mouse
Earth Fairy / Effect
LV1 100/100
During the turn you activate this card’s effect, you cannot Special Summon monsters from your Extra Deck, except “Frightfur” monsters. (1) Once, while this card is face-up: You can Special Summon up to 2 “Fluffal Mouse” from your Deck.

kty8I3E.jpg

Raid Raptors – Fuzzy Lanius / Raidraptor – Fuzzy Lanius
Dark Winged Beast / Effect
LV4 500/1500
You can only use each effect of “Raidraptor – Fuzzy Lanius” once per turn. During the turn you activate this card’s effect(s), you cannot Special Summon monsters, except “Raidraptor” monsters. (1) If you control a “Raidraptor” monster other than “Raidraptor – Fuzzy Lanius”: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. (2) If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can add 1 “Raidraptor – Fuzzy Lanius” from your Deck to your hand.

r4ckMKc.jpg

Mirror Force Dragon
Light Dragon / Fusion / Effect
LV8 2800/1200
Must be Special Summoned by “The Fang of Critias” sending “Mirror Force” you control or have in your hand to the Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. (1) When a monster you control is targeted for an attack or an opponent’s card effect: You can destroy all cards your opponent controls.
Source

There's a Tag Force Special demo on JP PSN.

Regiruler

Some rumors about DMOC(?)

New Frightfur boss monster and themed Future Fusion
Raid Raptors effects different to the ones shown in the anime
More Ninja support (probably the Arc-V cards)
LV support (Silent Magicians)
More Aroma monsters
Aroma spell version of Divine Wind activates upon Life gain
"FOREST" archetype is composed of Unions (part of DT)
Human Nephilim
Wyrm generic support
Igknight support is composed of Equip Spells
More Fusions than in past sets
Polymerization retrain similar to Miracle Fusion
OCG exclusives are Roids, Fossil and Cyber Dancers.

Could be bull, but if it's from the same person who leaked a good portion of CROS and SECE we may be in for a ride.

Skittles

Can definitely see Cyber Dragon Infinity getting limited or outright banned when it comes out. That card is literally an even better version of Relinquished. It's hilariously broken

Tecl0n

Fuzzy Lanius is great

Can definitely see Cyber Dragon Infinity getting limited or outright banned when it comes out. That card is literally an even better version of Relinquished. It's hilariously broken

And easy as hell to get on the field.

Skittles

Fuzzy Lanius is great

And easy as hell to get on the field.
And even if it dies, bringing it back with something like call of the haunted is relatively simple and beneficial unlike nearly all XYZs. Considering it can immediately steal another monster when brought back, thus giving it another negate right off the bat

I'd disagree, it's powerful but manageable.

And even if it dies, bringing it back with something like call of the haunted is relatively simple and beneficial unlike nearly all XYZs. Considering it can immediately steal another monster when brought back, thus giving it another negate right off the bat

It probably should only be xyz summonable though. That part is broken.

Regiruler

Only if you have no answer to coth or have no monster in defense.

Skittles

Only if you have no answer to coth or have no monster in defense.
I'd imagine the person wouldn't be dumb enough to blow a revival, if the opponent had no attack position monsters. Only way to stop coth is to negate it when he first flips it. Otherwise infinity would negate the destruction any other time.

Anyone else really looking forward to world superstars? Completes a lot of old sets that need it

Regiruler

I'd imagine the person wouldn't be dumb enough to blow a revival, if the opponent had no attack position monsters. Only way to stop coth is to negate it when he first flips it. Otherwise infinity would negate the destruction any other time.

Anyone else really looking forward to world superstars? Completes a lot of old sets that need it
Infinity needs to detach to negate. Just hit it with god knows how many chainables or on summon cards in the game.

WSJ_YGO_cardpoll_630x243.jpg

http://shonenjump.viz.com/blog/posts/yu-gi-oh-promo-card-poll-04-14-15
Beast Eyes Pendulum Dragon
Dragon/Fusion/Effect
ATK 3000 / DEF 2000
1 DARK Dragon-Type monster + 1 Beast-Type monster
Must be Fusion Summoned, or Special Summoned (from your Extra Deck) by Tributing the above cards you control (you do not use "Polymerization"), and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. If this card destroys a monster by battle: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to the original ATK of the Beast-Type Fusion Material used for its Fusion Summon.

D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok
Fiend/Pendulum/Effect
ATK 2200 / DEF 3000
If this card is Normal or Special Summoned: You can target "DDD" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it. You can only use this effect of D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok once per turn. Once per turn: You can Tribute 1 other "DD" monster, then target 1 monster your opponent controls; banish it.
[Pendulum Effect]
If you Special Summon a "DD" monster(s): You can target 1 "DD" monster in your Graveyard; any battle damage your opponent takes is halved for the rest of this turn, also Special Summon that monster, and if you do, take 1000 damage. You can only use this effect of D/D/D Oblivion King Abyss Ragnarok once per turn.

Frightfur Tiger
Fiend/Fusion/Effect
ATK 1900 / DEF 1200
"Edge Imp Sabres" + 1 or more "Fluffal" monsters
When this card is Fusion Summoned: You can target cards on the field, up to the number of Fusion Materials used for its Fusion Summon; destroy them. All "Frightfur" monsters you control gain 300 ATK for each "Fluffal" monster and "Frightfur" monster you control. You can only control 1 Frightfur Tiger.

Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer
Spellcaster/Pendulum/Effect
ATK 1500 / DEF 800
If this card is Special Summoned: You can target up to 2 cards you control; destroy them, and if you do, add "Performapal" monsters with different names from your Deck to your hand, equal to the number of monsters destroyed, except Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer. You can only use this effect of Performapal Pendulum Sorcerer once per turn.
[Pendulum Effect]
If a "Performapal" monster(s) is Special Summoned to your side of the field: All "Performapal" monsters you control gain 1000 ATK until the end of this turn.

Performapal Soldier Tiger
Beast-Warrior/Effect
ATK 1700 / DEF 500
When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: You can add 1 "Performapal" Pendulum Monster from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of Performapal Soldier Tiger once per turn.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, GAF, explain this to me...this is Bloom Diva's OCG effect...

1 "Melodious Maestra" monster + 1 "Melodious" monster
Cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects, also you take no battle damage from attacks involving this card. If this card battles a Special Summoned monster, after damage calculation: You can inflict damage to your opponent equal to the difference between the original ATK of that opponent's monster and this card, and if you do, destroy that opponent's monster.

So, am I missing something, or does this mean there's literally no way for the opponent to get rid of this card?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
There are so many more ways to get monsters off the field other than destroying it.

Target & remove

Send back to the hand

Send to the grave

Shuffle into the deck

Negate the summon

Watch Da Birdie

There are so many more ways to get monsters off the field other than destroying it.

Target & remove

Send back to the hand

Send to the grave

Shuffle into the deck

Negate the summon

Damn, I need to brush up on my Yu-Go_oh, I knew that didn't sound right. I think I misread it as thinking it said you couldn't use effects on it.

Thanks.

gibration

So, GAF, explain this to me...this is Bloom Diva's OCG effect...

So, am I missing something, or does this mean there's literally no way for the opponent to get rid of this card?

There are a couple of cards that can help get rid of it. Most likely to be used would be Fiendish Chain, Breakthrough Skill, and Compulsory Evacuation Device. You pretty much have to negate its effect or bounce it from the field.

Watch Da Birdie

So, GAF, is there a good site or series of videos for someone like me to brush up on a lot of the basics and current style? I feel like I'm really behind on how the game works in a lot of ways.

10/10 art. I love when they use old, quirky monsters---and these two were always two of the most out-there monsters.

Top Bottom