• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yusef Mehdi Interview Regarding Kinect Removal+Future

I agree with you guys about letting phil spencer speak, I've been saying this for awhile but that Yuser guy something about him does not click right with the gaming community - people can see right through him.

Moobabe

Interesting how this thread has way less responses than some off the cuff tweet by Playstation's French wing.

Mehdi is the one guy I can't stand reading/listening to at MS at the moment.

Raist

Banned
You guys are gonna laugh a lot less when the XB1 finally launches in Northern Europe, Japan and SE Asia and the PS4 bites the dust. I mean it's pretty much a given.

Gold Member
W O W

When he leaves MS he should go into politics lol. I realise that it's his job to put a positive slant on the situation, but fuck man he takes that shit to the next level!

Yusuf is probably the next to go. He seems to be universally disliked so much. To me, his attitude strikes me like a smug yuppie.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Seems the 180 didn't teach Yusuf a thing about being humble and addressing the market. Which is very odd as he's the main marketing guru. This goes to explain so much with xbox's near constant PR bumbles.

This really does make a ton of sense. I'm surprised they left this guy on after Mattrick left.

You guys are gonna laugh a lot less when the XB1 finally launches in Northern Europe, Japan and SE Asia and the PS4 bites the dust. I mean it's pretty much a given.

Lets not even start about China they will buy a billion Xbox One's alone, just because it isn't a Japanese product.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
This is the worst interview I've ever read. Almost every single thing out of his mouth is a lie or an exaggeration.
Hey broseph, what do you want him to do? He is there to junk his stuff broski, anything goes. The end justifies the means, broseidon.

HoodWinked

Yusuf Mehdi = Xbox’s Chief Marketing and Strategy Officer

let that sink in... how is this guy so bad at what hes supposed to do.

tbm24

I don't quite see what anyone was expecting to be said? For him/MS to come out and say they made this SKU to boost their sales because the current sales are unsatisfactory? Why would any company do this.

Leotarius

My prediction is that this was done with Yusef's disapproval (Which doesn't matter now that Phil is in Charge).

Yusef even looks a little mad during the announcement video.

Guevara

I don't quite see what anyone was expecting to be said? For him/MS to come out and say they made this SKU to boost their sales because the current sales are unsatisfactory? Why would any company do this.

You can say it like a human being. Something like:

"You know, packing in a powerful device like Kinect in every box is something that really hasn't been done before. We tried it and shipped more than 5 million units, but the market told us that even though Kinect engagement is high, they want choice and a lower entry price. Kinect enhances the blah blah blah but at the core Xbox is all about games."

tbm24

You can say it like a human being. Something like:

"You know, packing in a powerful device like Kinect in every box is something that really hasn't been done before. We tried it and shipped more than 5 million units, but the market told us that even though Kinect engagement is high, they want choice and a lower entry price. Kinect enhances the blah blah blah but at the core Xbox is all about games."

Why would they say they "tried"? That is admitting it was a mistake. Which is why, assumingly, their angle is about providing choice. Not declaring their decision to make a kinect only sku at launch a wrong decision. Again why would a company willingly do this.

I don't get the "say it like a human being" part either. Yes it's PR speak made to be positive to his respective company, but I don't see how it isn't "human".

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The weird thing is, people were really hyping Medhi up as a gamer's-gamer, and one of the better execs at MS.

Mehdi? I think maybe you mean Spencer.

Mehdi has been an awful face for Xbox from the start. He was Mr. 'Our consumers don't know enough to care about DRM', right?

I don't know who thought it was a good idea to wheel him back out.

artist

Banned
As you can tell by all the well praised decisions they've been making regarding Xbox recently.
As you can tell that all these well praised decisions were made after the change in leadership, these could well have been "Plan B" since the initial rejection to the May reveal last year.

Hyun Sai

They really need to make Phil the only voice of MS at the moment, this is getting ridiculous...

Nice tag by the way.

How do they quantify that people are more satisfied with the 360 than the PS3?

Poll every single owner, and previous owner of both consoles...

Which we know they didn't do

I'm more disappointed in these ass kissing journalists... You're seriously not gonna ask how they came up with such a bullsh** statistic?

Logash

If anything Xbox 360 owners have more of a reason to upgrade cause Microsoft has pretty much stopped supporting the platform.

ryuken-d

Really? I think they do. It's called opinion. I think their current exclusives are considerably better than the ps4. i still prefer the ps4 as a system, but xbox one has the better games, for now. IMHO

how do you make a farting sound look good in type. That asshat yusef mehdi is a snake you can just tell. I loved the part when he said the industry experts say my games are better.

imo PS4 has better games...aaaaand they run better :p

topspin-4-portada-xbox-360.jpg

New version to be annouced soon ?

Windforce

What a disgusting interview.

Was excited with Xbox One news today. I even watched some Killer Instinct videos.

Now hype is over.

Top Bottom