• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Review Thread

BY2K

Membero Americo
86UhsWF.jpg

7 days and you are mine, my pretty!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I don't know if I should get this or OoT 3D. I've never really played OoT, but I feel like this would be better in short bursts.

How is the save system in ALBW?

After all this time, I'm still not sure how i feel about lbw. I haven't played it so I can't pass judgement, but I'm not sure I like how heavily it's borrowing from LttP.

LttP is my favorite Zelda of all time, and i don't think it should be messed with. Lbw feels half remake, half new Zelda, which, in some regards, makes it almost seem a little half assed.

Like save points? That's weird. Or is it like ALTTP where you can save anywhere but when you load the game you have to start in a certain couple places?

SS had save points? I must have the worst memory...
XD

Come on man, a 2011 game and you are erasing?

The bird like statues that even let you teleport to the sky. It also had the option to save after key plot events.

LakeEarth

Can't wait! The Gametrailer's review got me hype, and I like the idea of getting all items relatively right off the bat. You could do some dungeons out of order in LTTP but it was limited.

Come on the 22nd!

Kard8p3

Like save points? That's weird. Or is it like ALTTP where you can save anywhere but when you load the game you have to start in a certain couple places?

SS had save points? I must have the worst memory...

Yeah it's like Skyward Sword. It's bird statues or something to that effect.

-snip to prevent image redundancy-

Could we get a version of this with ALBW on the right? It deserves it.

This image is new to me, but I love it and agree with your sentiment. The question is, what's in this game that possesses a momentum comparable to a bullet train?

After our Xbox One Launch stream next Friday, Bosman and I will be doing a "Nintendo is Next-Gen" Live Stream featuring a full play through of A Link Between Worlds (dungeon order dictated by chat) and Super Mario 3D World. Starts at 7pm PT.

twitch.tv/gametrailers

Velcro Fly

Can't decide where I want to preorder.

I wonder where it will be easiest to pick up at midnight. Gamestop is a little bit closer but I don't want to get stuck in line with the X1 people. I think BestBuy might be easier to duck in and pick up my game. Going to make sure I can get the game at midnight before I preorder though.

GulAtiCa

I think GameStop got theres like 2 weeks ago. I remember going on Nov 1st or so to get the Mario & Luigi controllers and they had the bundle behind them on the counter. Not in stock room, on the counter for all to see. I didn't ask about it, but I guess had it out to help advertise it or so.

Anyways, can't wait to pick my bundle up!

Kard8p3

After our Xbox One Launch stream next Friday, Bosman and I will be doing a "Nintendo is Next-Gen" Live Stream featuring a full play through of A Link Between Worlds (dungeon order dictated by chat) and Super Mario 3D World. Starts at 7pm PT.

twitch.tv/gametrailers

Probably won't watch the zelda portion as I wont have it till christmas but I'll be all over the Mario portion.

zroid

Banned

twitch.tv/gametrailers

Oh boy. I probably won't have the game till 1pm ish. That's not much of a head start!!

wmlk

twitch.tv/gametrailers

Thanks. Hope Nintendo games get the recognition they deserve. They're damn good.

Velcro Fly

twitch.tv/gametrailers

Sounds like a fun time :D

TheExodu5

Banned
The second last paragraph of the Destructoid review makes me want this even more.

A Link Between World's main problem at the end of the day is a complete lack of heart. There's no defining moment, no memorable villains or characters, and no truly "new" items that make their mark on the series. It's certainly playable in every sense of the word, but I didn't feel the magic I had felt so many times before.

I really can't stand the "heart" in Zelda games. I don't find it charming...it's simply an annoyance more than anything. If having no heart means having no Navi, no 5 hour tutorial, no talking owl, then sign me up.

Top Bottom