• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds Review Thread

Conor 419

Banned

I got my goods GAF!
But not the treasure chest goodies yet, no.
So yeah apparently Micromania in France have the go from Nintendo to sell the bundle and game (that's what was discussed in the shop and on phone with the micromania workers).
I think it's a good call, since you don't want your fellow Zelda fans with their Link Between Worlds and shiny gold 3DSXL in hands mixed up with dudebros fighting for their DDR3 in some dailymotion videos next week.

...where's the Triforce?

Lunar15

Watched someone playing this in person today. I had heard that the frame rate was solid and quick, but I don't think I really realized what this meant until I saw it. That is one smooth looking game. Videos haven't done it justice, even on the 3DS itself.

If I can pick up a 3ds for cheap (not interested in the 2ds), than I'll buy this. I've never finished alttp so I think I would have a great time playing this.

I managed to grab a 3DS in fairly good condition last year for $100, with OoT 3D and Resident Evil Revelations for $20 a piece off Amazon.

Here you go.
hjSm0J1.jpg

OMG
If you could write the "all in all youre just another link in the wall" with the same style as the title of the pink Floyd album, you would merge 2 things I love so much...
I'm so hyped now for this game...

Neiteio

I'm the same way, but I actually feel NOT knowing the overworld like the back of your hand means we won't feel that strange familiarity several of the reviews complained about.

If anything, we're at the advantage here
Yep, same camp. ALttP tends to lose my interest after the stormy night intro. I played up until the first dungeon of the Dark World before admitting I was forcing myself through it. I vastly prefer Link's Awakening DX. But this game looks like a big improvement over its SNES predecessor, largely due to the pacing in the dungeons they've shown -- a constant string of combat, puzzles and traversal. Something about it seems punchier. Stamina-regulated items and full analog control will also free up the action, and of course the freedom to do dungeons in any order is amazing.

Everything about it seems snappier and polished to give it a moment-to-moment immediacy none of the other Zeldas had, especially the 3D ones. The 60fps, the fast-travel system, the magic meter, the map/inventory touch screen, the bouncy animations of enemies reacting to your attacks(and how fast you can attack), the 360 analog controls giving you far more precision than the 4-way/8-way directions of the prior top-down 2D Zeldas. Its seems to be a smoother, downright more playable Zelda than any of the previous entries. That excites me, along with the appearently tighter game design and hands-off approach to guiding the player.

Kurt

I'm wondering if the hyrule castle song is included in this game (it's my most wanted song in the game. Still one of the best pieces created) I know the reverse song secret already, but i don't care about that :). Just wondering.

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm wondering if the hyrule castle song is included in this game (it's my most wanted song in the game. Still one of the best pieces created) I know the reverse song secret already, but i don't care about that :). Just wondering.

Considering the Hyrule Castle is in the game... I'd expect it to.

Jackano

It sort of is, it's pretty much an entiere new one so does this count?
It already was one new in The Minish Cap if you recall, this one sounds even more different.
And I'm disapointed with it. I don't know how to explain, it sounds more funny/cartoonish than epic?
Maybe there is a more badass version of it later in the game, maybe you will like more than me it as it is.

Kurt

It sort of is, it's pretty much an entiere new one so does this count?
It already was one new in The Minish Cap if you recall, this one sounds even more different.
And I'm disapointed with it. I don't know how to explain, it sounds more funny/cartoonish than epic?
Maybe there is a more badass version of it later in the game, maybe you will like more than me it as it is.

Nope, i do understand what you mean.
To bad if it isn't :(
However it would still be a greate game ofcouse.

I managed to grab a 3DS in fairly good condition last year for $100, with OoT 3D and Resident Evil Revelations for $20 a piece off Amazon.
This is the type of deal i want to score myself. But nothing hot so far in the black friday deals, i saw the orginal with Luigi's mansion for a 150, not that good deal (in my opinion) and even then it wasnt online.

I would like to buy on Amazon but prices are normal so far.

sphinx

the piano man

I got my goods GAF!
So yeah apparently Micromania in France have the go from Nintendo to sell the bundle and game (that's what was discussed in the shop and on phone with the micromania workers).
I think it's a good call, since you don't want your fellow Zelda fans with their Link Between Worlds and shiny gold 3DSXL in hands mixed up with dudebros fighting for their DDR3 in some dailymotion videos next week.

what am I looking at???

isn't the game supposed to be pre-installed in the limited edition zelda 3DS??

why is there a retail copy in the pic?

zroid

Banned

I got my goods GAF!

The cartridge art is nice

big_erk

If I can pick up a 3ds for cheap (not interested in the 2ds), than I'll buy this. I've never finished alttp so I think I would have a great time playing this.

This might not be the best description for the system's future.

Yeah, things didn't end well for the King in the North.

This is the type of deal i want to score myself. But nothing hot so far in the black friday deals, i saw the orginal with Luigi's mansion for a 150, not that good deal (in my opinion) and even then it wasnt online.

I would like to buy on Amazon but prices are normal so far.

$150 for the system and a game is pretty damn good, I just got super lucky.

Seanspeed

Banned
Well hell. I think its time to buy a 3DS. Probably get one for myself for X-Mas/birthday.

I think between PC and 3DS, I'll be incredibly happy. This game looks nostalgia overpowering.

Top Bottom