• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda art image maybe reveals second screen for NX

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
TzzXUzz.gif

I mean it is just a square shaped item, if anything it is just showing the WiiU pad.

Jawbone54

Neo Member
You're all wrong.

That's a Bible. Link is a Jehovah's Witness, and one of the side missions will be to go door-to-door to convert the sinful masses.

Nightbird

Even if it were the case, the game is still first and foremost a WiiU game.

The NX might support a second screen, but that doesn't mean that it's the main input.

Menitta

Does anyone else find the gamepads screen, even at the highest settings, too damn dark to be good for anything?

Finally someone else understands! When you use the TV, the Wii U always has a high contrast, but on the gamepad, it's much lower.

Not that it's unplayable, but it's definitely darker than the TV.

Kindekuma

Banned
Looks more like an idroid to me.

Ironically this is an idroid iphone case.

I love my iDroid case!

Zelda: Link, I sent a VI of the Cucco to your iDroid, take a good look.
Malon: LINK GET DOWN! An enemy stalfos, one swipe from its sword can cut a man in half.

Arkeband

Banned
That's clearly a book of somesort, OP. Looks like it has a variation of the Mask of Truth/Shiekah symbol on it.

I mean I have no doubt there will be some novel control schemes for the NX, but for christ sake man, a book on his belt doesn't prove that.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
I must admit, when I saw that image, I tweeted "Is that the new handheld console in Link's belt?"

L Thammy

The game started development on Wii U, which has two screens. Even if they have to move the second screen stuff to the main screen somehow, it shouldn't be surprising that it's there.

Fandangox

At least we won't have to wait very long to know who's right and who has to eat crow :)

People are not making fun of you suggesting a second screen for the NX, but rather your evidence for it. If it ends up that there really is a second screen device for the NX this thread wouldn't be any less funny.

Using a piece of concept art to show the NX will have a second screen...seems legit. Btw that doesn't look like the Wii U gamepad at all.

Kyzer

Banned
I saw this book and thought, hey, Wii u gamepads are rectangles too, and also second screen confirmed for this Wii u game

Lol wat

-Horizon-

Maybe for the Wii U version it might be for the screen controller.

I'm still not sure about it being a sign of the NX one though. Its a cross-gen game. Not all things will carry over 1:1.

Although it probably plays a big role in the game in some form this is reaching a bit.

Link didn't have that item on him when they demo'd it at The Game Awards and they were using the gamepad at the same time.

Oxn

Although it probably plays a big role in the game in some form this is reaching a bit.

Link didn't have that item on him when they demo'd it at The Game Awards and they were using the gamepad at the same time.

Zelda cancelled for Wii-U confirmed?

BibiMaghoo

I think it looks like a fight stick, specifically to point out that the new Zelda will be a fighter. An arena based fighter. Free to play.

One hell of an teaser you found OP.

It's a Sheikah Stone Tablet, meaning it's an assistant like the ones seen in OoT 3D or MM 3D, but portable. They will probably tie it to the GamePad in some way but it's not impossible it won't work separately. I'm thinking of it in the context of the "Game Boy Horror" in Luigi's Mansion...an excuse to drag video-gamey-ness into the fantasy setting in a semi-believable way (at least, in Zelda's case it would be semi-believable). I'm guessing it might have some Lens-of-Truth-like abilities but I am not sure.

And it's obviously not a book....where are the pages? It looks like a fairly solid block to me.

Top Bottom