• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda at E3 to have two demos, Nintendo asking press to free up 90 minutes.

The game better impress, a subpar 90 minute demo will not serve the game well. It will be interesting to see what elements EAD took from western game design.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Oh wow, I'm cited on GAF. Cool!

"Nintendo will offer show attendees two extended demos of the Wii U version of the game that will finally let them step into the wilds of Hyrule and explore some of the grasslands, forests and mountains that they’ve been given mere glimpses of to date."

"we recommend setting aside 1 - 1.5 hours"

Without giving some more press-centric details, there you go.
And now I'm curious.

Anth0ny

the partner character better pester the player into taking a break every 30 minutes

also, I really don't like the sound of a 90 minute zelda demo almost a year before the full game launches. it's not necessary...

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
so the game is just about done and they're just holding it for next year for business reasons?

90 minute demo doesn't mean it's all so you can go and explore, I expect it to see the new mechanics, and some explanation between scenarios like "now, please try to do this with this new item" and you try it for 5 minutes, and then "now try to do this with the horse" and you try for 5 more minutes and so on.."

Still, this shows how big the game is coming to be...

I can't wait u.u

the partner character better pester the player into taking a break every 30 minutes

also, I really don't like the sound of a 90 minute zelda demo almost a year before the full game launches. it's not necessary...
Yeah, it should be a 5 second demo as their only showing at E3.

aBarreras

so the game is just about done and they're just holding it for next year for business reasons?

or the first area is completed without issues and they are finishing and polishing the rest, but yeah business reasons are clearly the reason of the delay lol

spekkeh

Banned
1 NX and 1 Wii U version.
I've been toying with this idea. What if they present the NX controller and let you see how it changes Zelda. And so people can have a taste for how it changes their favorite game, before doing the full blowout with all the additional stuff later.

I mean it would be a retread of Wii U and thetefore massively stupid, but at the same time also kind of cool and very much like Nintendo.

Edit: oh on record that it's two Wii u demos. Damnit, why is Nintendo making it hard to get hype and then heartbreakingly disappointed. This is not how Nintendo E3s should go.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I've been toying with this idea. What if they present the NX controller and let you see how it changes Zelda. And so people can have a taste for how it changes their favorite game, before doing the full blowout with all the additional stuff later.

I mean it would be a retread of Wii U and thetefore massively stupid, but at the same time also kind of cool and very much like Nintendo.

check this:

Oh wow, I'm cited on GAF. Cool!

"Nintendo will offer show attendees two extended demos of the Wii U version of the game that will finally let them step into the wilds of Hyrule and explore some of the grasslands, forests and mountains that they’ve been given mere glimpses of to date."

"we recommend setting aside 1 - 1.5 hours"

Without giving some more press-centric details, there you go.

I'm hyped for the game on NX but man 90 minutes is too much :/

90 mins is too much for what? This is for the press, unless you are in the press then I guess it may be too much.

The livestream from treehouse is proabably gonna be longer than 90 mins if we are going off the previous years. There is gonna be a lot of stuff to show and no one is forcing you to watch it.

wrowa

I've been toying with this idea. What if they present the NX controller and let you see how it changes Zelda. And so people can have a taste for how it changes their favorite game, before doing the full blowout with all the additional stuff later

They always have different Zelda demos. Two demos is actually less than what Skyward Sword (Flying, Dungeon, Boss) and Twilight Princess (Dungeon, Horse fight, Town) got.

90 mins is too much for what? This is for the press, unless you are in the press then I guess it may be too much.

The livestream from treehouse is proabably gonna be longer than 90 mins if we are going off the previous years. There is gonna be a lot of stuff to show and no one is forcing you to watch it.
Exactamundo, I want a blowout as we've seen .1% of this game over the years.
The demo and information you get from it can be anywhere from 0 minutes to however long they show and/or talk about it.

-Horizon-

90 minutes for 2 demos? wow

either those demos are expansive with tons of things to do or the reps need the time to explain new stuff...or both lol

Anth0ny

Yeah, it should be a 5 second demo as their only showing at E3.

it should be a normal length demo along with demos for a bunch of other games but nintendo is fucking weird

a 90 minute demo gives away too much for ANY game, let alone a zelda game. I want to experience that shit myself.

and I definitely don't have the discipline to NOT watch this demo and religiously study every frame. So they shouldn't do it at all.

aBarreras

The game better impress, a subpar 90 minute demo will not serve the game well. It will be interesting to see what elements EAD took from western game design.

climb towers to reveal map and unlock fast travel points

a 90 minute demo gives away too much for ANY game, let alone a zelda game. I want to experience that shit myself.

so we have people saying that they probably wont even complete the intro, and we have people that are saying that they will reveal too much, you cant win on the internet!

it should be a normal length demo along with demos for a bunch of other games but nintendo is fucking weird

and I definitely don't have the discipline to NOT watch this demo and religiously study every frame. So they shouldn't do it at all.
If the game is massive, it probably won't spoil much.

Hermii

My body is ready for ultimate Zelda. Aonuma bring it!

Also I believe this kind of confirms that the Nx version will be more or less just a port.

Bullza2o

I initially read it as 90 minutes including the time people wait in line. 90 minutes of the actual demo though sounds too much unless the game is really massive.

Halabane

Some of the treehouse demos have been long...but 90 mins long? Thats a lot of talking for one game. I just hope its not 80 minutes of history of Zelda and then behind the scenes footage of how the game is different and was built.

Expectations are so low.

aBarreras

Some of the treehouse demos have been long...but 90 mins long? Thats a lot of talking for one game. I just hope its not 80 minutes of history of Zelda and then behind the scenes footage of how the game is different and was built.

Expectations are so low.

this is the playable demo on nintendo booth, not a streaming by treehouse

J@hranimo

Banned
90 minutes?

That's like....30 minutes but three times. 3 halves of one hour. One hour and a half.

I'm looking forward to what this game is about
and the reactions of our fellow gaffers

Anth0ny

so we have people saying that they probably wont even complete the intro, and we have people that are saying that they will reveal too much, you cant win on the internet!

if the bolded is correct then we're REALLY screwed

If the game is massive, it probably won't spoil much.

I hope you're right!

I get the feeling it's going to be one dungeon, and one is just exploring the massive, open world Hyrule Field. hyrule field demo will be much longer.

Nibel

90 minutes? They might get through the inevitably boring intro at this rate

Would still be faster than getting through Uncharted 4's intro tho
ij9j9efds3z6hsiu0v.png

Joqu

That's a lot of Zelda. Cool. Just hope they don't spoil the shit of this game. We got a LOT of skyward sword info before release.

Top Bottom