• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda: Breath of the Wild assets leaking [possible spoiler material incoming]

Speely

Banned
I'm a big spoilerphobe myself and absolutely don't want to spoil this glorious game, but I don't think anything so far has been that bad. Some bonus costumes, some weapon and shield graphics, some colour palette options...this is actually an amazing time to jump before dungeons, bosses, world events, towns, story spoilers and cutscenes start to hit.

If you have given into temptation already, it's not too late to come away unscathed. Just don't tempt fate again.

Agreed. Nothing has been that spoilery imo. Once story stuff that provides context starts dropping, then it gets serious.

antonz

Speaking of that, has Nintendo said anything about letting us preload that?

I do not think its an actual download. Its Nintendo installing key assets from the disc to speed up load times etc. As nice as blu Ray discs etc. are the drives are slow.

KarmaCow

I do not think its an actual download. Its Nintendo installing key assets from the disc to speed up load times etc. As nice as blu Ray discs etc. are the drives are slow.

I figured it's there to make up for disc read speed but I thought it would be like XCX where it's a separate download.

antonz

I figured it's there to make up for disc read speed but I thought it would be like XCX where it's a separate download.

Yeah I'm not sure on that there hasn't been any indication. The website simply says retail version needs 3GB of space while the digital requires 13gb which is the size on disc

NSESN

I am not clicking in these spoilers anymore, but if someone finds out that Zelda is playable I'd like to know.

error4041

guys how can you be team real when this image debunks everything?
q55gFqY.jpg

edit: got this from the 4chan thread.

Kindekuma

Banned
Just to put some worries aside for now. Yes, the game is downloadable since the EU version of the eShop has pre-load enabled. However, those who have downloaded it cannot play the game. It can spread like wild fire when it comes to downloads right now, but absolutely nobody is playing it. Unless somehow someone manages to find the correct 32 digit AES encryption key OR someone gets a hand of the game and rips the disc. There is no way anyone can play until launch. No emulation, no playing it off a softmodded Wii U.

ckaneo

Just to put some worries aside for now. Yes, the game is downloadable since the EU version of the eShop has pre-load enabled. However, those who have downloaded it cannot play the game. It can spread like wild fire when it comes to downloads right now, but absolutely nobody is playing it. Unless somehow someone manages to find the correct 32 digit AES encryption key OR someone gets a hand of the game and rips the disc. There is no way anyone can play until launch. No emulation, no playing it off a softmodded Wii U.
Umm..dont we already have video of someone playing it?

mdtauk

There is some file called title.tik that is not included with the leaked files as I understand it. And without it, those files are useless. It is on the Wii U disc, but I don't know if anyone has that yet.

Kindekuma

Banned
There is some file called title.tik that is not included with the leaked files as I understand it. And without it, those files are useless. It is on the Wii U disc, but I don't know if anyone has that yet.

Bingo.

That file is given at launch for digital people. As it still stands, we don't have any concrete proof that the game has even broken street date anywhere else. People can print up game cases.

Top Bottom