• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cemu - The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 60 fps patch testing

I came across some videos of people testing an upcoming 60 fps patch for Breath of the Wild and was really impressed with it! It looks incredible at higher frame rates, it's not a locked 60 fps yet but the game appears to work very well with an unlocked frame rate, however there are some bugs at the moment.

It takes quite a powerful machine to run it, but it's incredible to see the game like this!

Xalphenos fps patch v3 beta,initial Performance test

This is running on Cemu 1.9.1, BotW version 1.3.1

This is a test of the latest version of the fps pack that was released by Xalphenos a little while back. The fps is now completely unlocked,with no noticeable gameplay speed changes at all.

There are a few bugs which involve the game freezing momentarily at time,basically,fps drops to 0,so those are the drops that you see to 20 or so.FPS counters only measure the avg in 1s.
There is also a couple of physics bugs where we suddenly get an updraft while gliding,but I'm not complaining about that.
Sometimes,the wait and sleep functions take absurdly long to finish,did not happen in this recording,but happened when I was playing with it just before. May or may not occur.
Map speed seemed fine,but this was also a little random. Mileage may vary. Needs more testing.\

Test rig:
i5 6600k at 4.7Ghz, Cinebench single core score : 204
GTX 1070
8gb DDR4 3000c15 RAM
Samsung 850 EVO 250gb as pagefile.

CEMU Emulator - Zelda Breath of the Wild native 4k60fps

This is running a currently unreleased beta version of Xalphenos's 60fps patch, still some bugs to fix. Bad audio is down to encoding error, game runs like normal. Watch in 1440p60 for best quality

Running the 4k, high res shadows, contrast and bloom packs.

Full pc specs:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9GTFVY

Curerent overclock:

CPU: i5 7600k - Delidded(TIM replaced with coollaboratory liquid pro) Core 5.3Ghz @ 1.47v (Normally running 5.2 @ 1.4v)

GPU: gtx 980 wind force - Watercooled 1580Mhz/7800Mhz @ 1.28v

RAM: 8gb corsasir vengence lpx - 3200Mhz @ 1.27v , Timings 13-17-17-28

Breath of the Wild | Unlocked Framerate | Huge FPS Improvements

Potential location spoilers!

In this Cemu Emulation video, I compare Vloodz Breath of the Wild Tool using Unlocked Framerate and 60 FPS mode to Cemu/Cemuhooks regular performance.

In this video you can see the massive performance Gains that can be had by using this tool.

► My PC Specs:
Alienware 17 R4
i7 6820HK @3.4Ghz
16gb DDR4 2400mhz
GTX 1080 @ Stock
Intel 600p M.2 SSD
WD 1TB HDD

BigEmil

Next: increasing drawing distances please. The game really NEEDS it.
Higher LOD is also very needed, at higher resolutions especially it strikes out to me only nearby grass is detailed but few metres away mostly flat non detail doesn't look good and stand out, this game LOD too low

Top Bottom