• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda *New* 3DS XL back in stock @ GameStop on Wednesday 3/25

According to this post on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/3DS/comments/30958c/gamestop_us_webinstore_for_majoras_mask_3ds/

I've been waiting for the limited edition 3ds since 8am but according to the employee, they got this email from the corporate that WIS will be up at 2pm central for a $329.95 bundle with the system, codename steam, majora's mask, majora's mask eguide (digital), and link between worlds (digital). I personally can't afford this so I'm passing it on to people who are still looking for the system. The email also states that this will likely be the last allocation of the limited edition. Good luck people! PS I'm new at this posting stuff so sorry I can't find a way to post the picture of the printout of the email.

Why the hell would you need another copy of Majoras mask when the special edition comes with it installed??

Goddam Gamestop trying to squeeze every drop of money they can.

Why the hell would you need another copy of Majoras mask when the special edition comes with it installed??

Goddam Gamestop trying to squeeze every drop of money they can.

It doesn't come with the game in the US. That's why.

It doesn't.

Edit: Beaten by tea-sipping Kermit.

It doesn't....

image.php

evangd007

A store 20 minutes from me is showing stock now. However, I'm at a customer site and can't exactly leave midday. This is how I missed the Rosalina amiibo too. I wouldn't be in this situation if Target didn't cancel my order. I had the opportunity to get one from Gamestop but didn't because I already had that Target order.

Is the extra stuff in the WIS bundle returnable? I already have Majora's Mask and A Link Between Worlds.

ChrisD

Paulgandersman and myself called a few stores in our area and the reps where either outright rude and dismissive or very cordial. It sounds like the ones choosing not to pick up the phone don't want to be bothered.

I literally had a lady clerk tell me "We can't talk about this" and hung up on me.

I don't particularly care for the manager of the store, and I'm pretty sure he's there on weekday openings. Probably why there's no pick-ups. Later in the day a different employee is there and answering the phone. And he's really cool!... But later isn't going to do me much good haha.

I was just kind of hoping to get one to trade towards a Monster Hunter XL. But I marked that one off as not gonna' happen back at the initial stocks. So I'm not too worried over it. If I was, though, I'd be pretty peeved that they aren't answering.

force bundles are gross, at least let them pick the games

i guess if you got them yesterday you got lucky to avoid the forced bundles

edit- ah its the web in store order

alf717

Local gamestop is processing their shipment now. Told me to call in an hour. The suspense is driving me nuts! Its like the moon is crashing down on me right now.

Maengun1

Holy crap.

So Gamestop had told me yesterday to call in "around noon" to check if they were in yet, but that it would probably be later that they actually came, like 4 or something.

Being the nervous person that I am, I show up at 10:05. I walk in and see....someone at the desk buying the console.

They had ONE left that I got. The employee said that he and another person there had gotten two of them, so me and the guy ahead of me got the only 2. Crazy!

I called my GameStop and they told me they had a call list, took my name and number and said they would call when/if they get it.

I hate bundles but maybe I'll bite at 2pm today.

A store 20 minutes from me is showing stock now. However, I'm at a customer site and can't exactly leave midday. This is how I missed the Rosalina amiibo too. I wouldn't be in this situation if Target didn't cancel my order. I had the opportunity to get one from Gamestop but didn't because I already had that Target order.

Is the extra stuff in the WIS bundle returnable? I already have Majora's Mask and A Link Between Worlds.

The person I spoke to said "You can trade the two physical games in for $70" and I laughed a little.

STEAM and Majora are physical.
ALBW is a digital copy.

ChrisD

Two stores have updated as in-stock, but they're twenty minutes away and in Dallas. Sccrrreeeew Dallas roads. You could get lost there with a GPS. >_>

Edit: Trading in Majora's Mask and S.T.E.A.M. for $70 isn't bad at all. If they allow you to put it towards the purchase that's actually pretty great.

Two stores have updated as in-stock, but they're twenty minutes away and in Dallas. Sccrrreeeew Dallas roads. You could get lost there with a GPS. >_>

Same location as you, saw that there were some more locations that popped up in the last hour, all south of me. By the time I got there, it would be noon...

So Gamestop gets more units, decides to make a $330 bundle with it. If you want to trade-in a sealed copy of the game, you lose $5 on each game, meaning you get a digital game, the system, and a guide for $260.

Honestly I am not surprised!

Local gamestop is processing their shipment now. Told me to call in an hour. The suspense is driving me nuts! Its like the moon is crashing down on me right now.

you should just go now, by the time you get there they might be done

take your phone or 3ds and just play while waiting in store or your car.

tmtyf

Thank you GAF. Was able to crazy taxi my way through traffic and pick one up! I find it funny how i have been second guessing myself on how much to spend on a video card but ill go drop 200 like its nothing on this

ChrisD

So Gamestop gets more units, decides to make a $330 bundle with it. If you want to trade-in a sealed copy of the game, you lose $5 on each game, meaning you get a digital game, the system, and a guide for $260.

That breaks down to $200 for the system, $40 for the game, and $20 for the guide... or in other words, you're paying $20 extra for a legitimately limited item. I see it as an attempt at dissuading the scalpers, and with such a thing I've no qualms.

I called the one local Gamestop and when the clerk picked up, she said the UPS truck was arriving AS WE WERE SPEAKING. I made the [on paper, 10] minute drive from work to the Gamestop in 5, only to see some dude opening the door for the UPS guy. Turns out that guy was the fourth guy that had gone to the GS to pick up the 3DS. I walked in and the clerk said "Sorry, he snuck in." He had a shit-eating nerd grin on his face which for a split second pissed me off, but I couldn't blame him.

The clerk was nice enough to call another close-by Gamestop, and they said they also sold out.

FYI, some people are getting around the limit by bringing friends, or in this case, some dude brought his girlfriend, that was 2 units right there.

The two-second thought process that went through my head (and need to get off my chest) was: "Seriously, FUCK YOU, Nintendo. I was able to walk in to several stores and find the Link Between Worlds 3DS weeks after it had been released. Why are you under-supplying everything these days??"

But after those two seconds, I have now moved on with my life and congratulate anyone who was able to scoop one of these units, including the dude with his girlfriend and the nerd with the shit eating grin.

It's lunch time, and I'm hungry. Peace out for now, GAF...

Edit: Trading in Majora's Mask and S.T.E.A.M. for $70 isn't bad at all. If they allow you to put it towards the purchase that's actually pretty great.

Well, it's not like they're doing me a favor. They could not bundle it at all, for starters.

Instead, they're forcing me to buy it from them and then allowing me to turn right around and give it back to them at a loss to me.

Uh, gee, thanks?

I would really love one of these, but one GameStop said their stock has already come and gone, and the other two I called have no idea when (or if) their stock will arrive. I just don't have the time required to chase these things.

That breaks down to $200 for the system, $40 for the game, and $20 for the guide... or in other words, you're paying $20 extra for a legitimately limited item. I see it as an attempt at dissuading the scalpers, and with such a thing I've no qualms.

"I see it as an attempt at dissuading the scalpers, and with such a thing I've no qualms."

Like they give a shit. It's nothing more than greed on their part.

If you do buy the bundle in store you will not be able to apply the tradeback price on the games to the system. You'll have to pay $330 up front (in full) when you order in store for the bundle. Unless they screw it up it will be considered a full bundle, you have to return all the items, no partial returns.

If you trade in the two physical games you will get $70 (or less, depending on when you get the bundle) in gamestop credit. You can buy Nintendo eShop (or PSN, sony, steam, etc) wallet cards with that $70 but you wouldn't be able to apply it towards your $330 purchase, since thats already done.

and yeah this is just gamestop trying to make a little extra money bundling items together, they don't give a shit about scalpers. The console is selling for $300-325 on eBay anyways, at that price people are only making $30-40 after eBay, paypal, and shipping fees. If you can't find one in store try craigslist, more bargaining power there.

//ARCANUM

I got one!!! Heading to work, will update with details shortly. My GameStop got 3 (I was second there, and I only waited 20 mins!)

Bladelaw

Ugh I want one and don't have any of the games in the bundle so it would be a worth while bundle for me. Sadly all nearby GameStops are sold out.

alf717

I think the sites updates each half an hour. New store popped up for me. Still too far for me. Come on locals don't let me down!

Maengun1

It's lunch time, and I'm hungry. Peace out for now, GAF...

Damn, sorry. That sucks.

There was no one actually in the store behind me while I checked out, but as the "last person" who grabbed one at my location I definitely felt a pang of guilt knowing that others would be checking in all day and being disappointed.

Nintendo has definitely been frustrating as hell lately. There's always a chance more could show up, maybe. Hell, 24 hours ago I had absolutely 0% idea that I would have this system today.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
V5w9tO4.jpg

Snagged him. Already had the LE MM game, just decided to toss it in the pic cause why not?

I have 3 3DS' now...the OoT LE, ALbW LE, now this one.

EDIT: Sorry about the pic size, I have no idea why its so large, I used the proper code and everything.

Anfony O

Man how rare is the console? I got mine on the first shipment but never thought it was this rare!Can anyone give me a comparison to another rare gaming item? Either ways so happy my fellow gaffers got their hands on one

You are making it sound like they are trying to scam you or something. System is 200$, EAch game still sells for 40$ and the guide is digital which is 10$ its exactly 330$ if you price it out separately, every store got around 4 in stock anyway if you didn't want to buy this bundle you could try trying one down in a store by itself. The reason they bundle stuff like this is to prevent scalpers from buying them.

//ARCANUM

Okay, I got to work so here is my story:

I'm in Austin, TX. I called tons of stores yesterday (we have a TON of GameStops here), and I got all sorts of crazy answers. Everything from what are you talking about to they will be here sometime between open and close.

Woke up at about 9:50am, called a few stores, got some REALLY rude people on the phone, one told me that I couldn't hang out at the store waiting for one to arrive because if I was in the store for more than 10 mins and didn't buy anything he would force me to leave. LOL. So yeah I skipped that store.

Found a store that had a really nice guy on the phone so I went there. Ended up going to the wrong store first and the guy there told me that all their units were reserved. LOL.

Finally made it to the correct store at about 10:55am. There was only 1 person there ahead of me and he got there at 6:30am. Another guy showed up 15 mins after me and a lady showed up a few mins after him. At about 11:20 the UPS shipment comes in and the clerk opens the box to find...... THREE MM n3DS XLs and ONE red n3DS XL. The guy had this super confused look on his face with the red one lol. He asked the lady (the 4th person there) if she wanted the red one. She got this disgusted look on her face and said "ewww no!" LOL.

Anyways I was able to buy mine and I was only there for about 25 mins or so. Totally worth it. I think I got pretty damn lucky all things considered. Tested out the unit for a few mins in the car, looks good (though I couldn't really do much in depth testing, basically just initial system setup). Have to wait until I get home tonight to do a system transfer. Then I'm selling my Red n3DS XL!

I'm thrilled to have been lucky enough to score one of these. Good luck to those still trying!

edit - and FYI, stores in Austin are still showing as having stock. you should call first of course: http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=108837

double edit - well, 2 stores anyway

Damn, sorry. That sucks.

There was no one actually in the store behind me while I checked out, but as the "last person" who grabbed one at my location I definitely felt a pang of guilt knowing that others would be checking in all day and being disappointed.

Nintendo has definitely been frustrating as hell lately. There's always a chance more could show up, maybe. Hell, 24 hours ago I had absolutely 0% idea that I would have this system today.

No need to feel guilty man, you were both quick and lucky. Congrats on your purchase, and enjoy! :)

joeposh

Well, after my earlier pessimism, a store in my area updated to being in-stock during my lunch break and I was able to hop on the metro and snag one.

This worked out even better than if I had pre-ordered, since I had credit from the recent trade-in bonus. Walked out the door with it for $100 cash.

Thanks so much to everyone who shared info about this.

Top Bottom