• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Tears Of The Kingdom News Tuesday?

I heard a rumour that your play changes the game world. Might not be possible to keep that mighty surprise a secret any other way...
Sounds interesting but thats not big enough to make me go “holy shit” unless it becomes a COMPLETELY different world. Dungeons would though.

Woopah

I think they are following a similar approach to Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Xenoblade 3. Show off very little and then have a dedicated Direct 1 month from release, to maximise hype just as the game launches.

So expect something on 12 April.
Huh, guess I was wrong!

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
This is most likely what we will be staring at for 10 minutes tomorrow. As Aonuma plays the game silently.
JXRgzIm.jpg
Worth it.

Mr Branding

For people ‘worried’ about the lack of marketing, remember when R* released 3 to 4 trailers for a game of theirs? And then when the game released all the people who bought the games discovered them by themselves and word of mouth spread like wildfire? It worked wonders for R*, it worked for Botw, it works for stealth drops, it will surely work for this game.

All these being said, I’m still not sold on this game because Botw didn’t blow my mind and the lack of proper dungeons and an addictive gameplay loop soured me on the game pretty fast.

For people ‘worried’ about the lack of marketing, remember when R* released 3 to 4 trailers for a game of theirs? And then when the game released all the people who bought the games discovered them by themselves and word of mouth spread like wildfire? It worked wonders for R*, it worked for Botw, it works for stealth drops, it will surely work for this game.

All these being said, I’m still not sold on this game because Botw didn’t blow my mind and the lack of proper dungeons and an addictive gameplay loop soured me on the game pretty fast.

The difference is each of those games were set in a completely different world. Everything they showed looked new.

These teasers of TOTK looks exactly like BOTW

Thabass

If there is a delay then 100% sure it will launch with the new Switch (similar to BOTW). But at this point I think its too late and it wont get delayed.

Question will be - will it re-release on Switch 2 with exclusive features, better graphics etc?
Knowing Nintendo, yes. Albeit in a limited fashion.

Marvel14

Banned

Your opinion matters but many millions do not share it.

Top Bottom