• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zeromus, (Final Fantasy 4)

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Ok, wikipedia states that This was the final form of zeromus in Final Fantasy (Easy Type). But Ive played FF Easy type before and have never seen this form:

120px-Zeromus3.gif

This is the form of zeromus that ive always fought both Easy Type and Chronicle Hard Type:

Zeromus1.gif

120px-Zeromus2.gif

So my question is: Were there 2 versions of Easy Type released, or is this a mistake?

I don’t think Wikipedia would be a great source for gaming fact as it can be updated by almost anyone even if they don’t have a clue what they are on about.

I am not sure if it is a mistake but if you are a huge fan of the series and you think something is wrong they I would be willing to bet there is..

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
I only played the original SNES version released in North America and can confirm that the first picture is not Zemus nor Zeromus. In fact, I don't recognize him at all and I've played FFIV at least 10 times straight through, so it's unlikely that it's another enemy from that game either.

Could it be from FFV? Gilgamesh was the final boss in V right? (I never played that one far enough)

Troidal

The first form was definitely in FF4 Easy Type of the Japanese version. It was designed by Yoshitaka Amano.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Are u saying the japanese had 2 version of FF4?

I always assumed that the "EasyType" was just another name for the american version.

Troidal

Yeah, Japan had the original FF4 and then the FF4 Easy Type.

The US version was somewhere between the original Japanese version and the Easy Type IIRC. If anyone can confirm what the US version was like...

- Was the tutorial room 2 floors?
- Were certain commands removed from characters? (Like Tella's remember, Cecil's dark sword)
- Was the save point just a letter "S"?
- Where was the final save point in the final dungeon?

speaking of wikipedia, is it true what they say about CQC from Metal Gear Solid 3? I thought i read an interview with one of the people on the game that they developed it just for the game from other styles, but wikipedia says that it is a real style.

Off topic I know, but curious because of another forum I go to there is an argument over this.

Tellaerin

Troidal said:
Yeah, Japan had the original FF4 and then the FF4 Easy Type.

The US version was somewhere between the original Japanese version and the Easy Type IIRC. If anyone can confirm what the US version was like...

- Was the tutorial room 2 floors?
- Were certain commands removed from characters? (Like Tella's remember, Cecil's dark sword)
- Was the save point just a letter "S"?
- Where was the final save point in the final dungeon?

Been a long time since I've played it, but I can confirm that the character-specific commands weren't in the SNES version of FF IV.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
PhoncipleBone said:
speaking of wikipedia, is it true what they say about CQC from Metal Gear Solid 3? I thought i read an interview with one of the people on the game that they developed it just for the game from other styles, but wikipedia says that it is a real style.

Off topic I know, but curious because of another forum I go to there is an argument over this.

wikipedia is right, for once.

wikipedia also has the only detailed description of bukkake you can find anywhere. I never knew it also was a reference to making noodles.

PhoncipleBone said:

That's odd, because I read an interview that disagrees with the interview you read.

Tellaerin said:
Been a long time since I've played it, but I can confirm that the character-specific commands weren't in the SNES version of FF IV.

Well, SOME of them were (e.g. Edge's Sneak, Yang's Kick, etc.). But, yes, a number were removed from Easytype

Top Bottom