• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zoe Quinn #meToo / Alec Holowka suicide -- Update: Article questions ZQ's account of events (link in OP)

DBT...where have I...

OH MY GOD. This is the shit that I had to go through as a requirement for my weightloss surgery. DBT stands for Dialectical behavior therapy (if you didn't know) and it's basically a psychiatric term for being triggered. I've never been in therapy before the last couple of weeks and holy shit. No wonder there are some many triggered people today. They're all in therapy and they're getting this shit spoonfed to them. Mother of god.
DBT is commonly used for people that are diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder. Perhaps Alec had this disorder or another as it is also used to treat other disorders as well but was created to treat Borderline Personality Disorder

Didn’t she say he yelled at her for an hour because she said “hello” the wrong way? And walked her around “by his fingers”? Both those behaviors qualify as abusive. There are other considerations, even if her account is entirely accurate. But unless she lied, or substantially distorted the truth, there’s no grey area in characterizing Holowka’s actions.
How anyone could believe a single word out of that woman's mouth is beyond me.

Last edited:

Jmarshall

Well, this Is a mess of a situation and a mess of a thread. Some people have reacted in a purely partisan way, to their own detriment.

Last edited:
Well, this Is a mess of a situation and a mess of a thread. Some people have reacted in a purely partisan to their own detriment.

Yes, yes of course. That is standard in these cases and it’s generally what happens when emotions run high.

But, saying that, many people have kept a level head and are simply identifying the facts surrounding what happened.

Alec is dead.

He *obviously* committed suicide based on the events that have just unraveled and this could have been prevented.

It’s even more sad given he seemed to be attempting to heal himself and be understanding that bad things he *may* have done may need to be worked on...

What message does this send out? The fact that even if you attempt to improve yourself you are worthless and at any point someone can destroy you and bring this up again to the point you take your own life?

Many, many people have his blood on their hands right now and it should be a continued topic until people see what has occurred here.

A man is dead.

Duallusion

EDce6XHU0AAfsXm

Textbook example of a self-fulfilling prophecy. :messenger_frowning_

Kataploom

Gold Member
Does anyone has the screencaps for Zoe tweets? I'm needing them for someone asking for it on Twitter, where I put a thread regarding this subject

Enjay

Banned
I think the scamming peak during the gamergate days was 4k a month, but now that the liberal machine is in full motion I expect it to be more.
Oh yeah absolutely. Especially once she starts claiming harassment from those survived by Alec Holowka

Thanks mod for editing my post, very well-worded, important note.

We should be very skeptical about it. I'm not saying I fully believe it, but she said stuff very much in favor of Zoe Quinn. Let us not forget her very last public tweet, and the way she worded it:

TVOqA0F.jpg

It's almost as if she's saying: don't you dare to criticize Zoe's actions because Alec wished Zoe and other people the best. You know what should've been prevented? People taking Zoe even remotely serious, but you knew damn well that they do, Eileen.

Also, very good news that the police are now investigating the whole situation. I sincerely hope that justice will prevail this time.

Flintty

I think the scamming peak during the gamergate days was 4k a month, but now that the liberal machine is in full motion I expect it to be more.

Try 12k. And it has declined.

Welp. There it is. 🤑 Never mind the fact her Patreon has been on the decline for fucking MONTHS.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
What happened to the $89k from Chelsea's Kickstarter? Why doesn't she just focus on selling the "game" she made from the crowd funding?

Shantae

Banned
Well, this Is a mess of a situation and a mess of a thread. Some people have reacted in a purely partisan way, to their own detriment.
Please explain, because I want to know what you think people in here have said is wrong.

I feel my posts in this thread have kept mostly a level head.

Gamernyc78

Banned
I don't know if this has been posted, but apparently he tried to speak up about the relationship around 2014. But, the people around him suppressed it because it would give GG/whatever more "ammo".

a66886870233.png

Yeah everyone aware of her through the years knows she's a toxic fuck. I have no doubt they were both in a toxic relationship and given the things that have come out about her It probably wasnt one sided.

I hope the bitch is homeless soon and sucking dick behind taco bell for a chalupa. Fucking piece of shit.

Lol thts what I said before. Some ppl want to be all politically correct and shit "like omg don't say stuff like tht about her then we are no better" Fuck tht! She definitely needs to choke on a %ick. Ppl like this get no quarter or respect from me.

Last edited:
People on here have quite succinctly expressed this but the simple facts are...

This situation or event was *never* defined as *rape*. It was at most what sounded as play between 2 consulting individuals which went wrong. Again - if not the word *rape* would have been used by the accuser.

*I’m not even mentioning the 8 plus year gap as that just makes things even more mad,

After that,

Even after an supposedly awful experience - these 2 tortured souls have made *peace* and have expressed that too each other.

Yet.

At an opportune moment -1 feels the need to express this once again, just at the same time others are expressing similar views...

It’s muck raking and disgusting behaviour and has resulted in a mans death.

A man has died because of cyber bullying in front of the worlds gaming media and no one gives 2 shits...

That is disgusting I’m so many levels I can’t put into words.

Shame doesn’t even resonate.

Thanks mod for editing my post, very well-worded, important note.

We should be very skeptical about it. I'm not saying I fully believe it, but she said stuff very much in favor of Zoe Quinn. Let us not forget her very last public tweet, and the way she worded it:

TVOqA0F.jpg

It's almost as if she's saying: don't you dare to criticize Zoe's actions because Alec wished Zoe and other people the best. You know what should've been prevented? People taking Zoe even remotely serious, but you knew damn well that they do, Eileen.

Also, very good news that the police are now investigating the whole situation. I sincerely hope that justice will prevail this time.
I think you are really jumping the gun here and miss interpreting what she said. If anything this helps Alec, it shows that’s he is a sympathetic person who only wishes good on people. Please don’t direct hate towards her

petran79

Banned
I am really tired both on internet and real life to separate people into categories. At least on the latter you can change it. All can get along and learn from each other both ways

Last edited:
That tweet about being on the phone with Zoe is obvious satire.

Good news that the police are involved but realistically how much can they do? Unless she admits to making the whole thing up I'm willing to bet she gets off scott free. Of course, with all the anonymous accusers that the Devs claim came forward, police might want to talk with them. That is assuming they actually exist, because if not they could be in a bit of trouble.

Kadayi

Banned
Good news that the police are involved but realistically how much can they do?

Well, they can interview her and find out what she thought she was doing and why. At this juncture, it's not about whether Alex did or didn't do the things that she alleged (that boat sailed) but more about why 10 years down the road supposedly after matters had been patched up she chose to weaponise Twitter, destroy the man's life and ultimately drive him to suicide. Doubly so given her past and her little sojourn to the UN about Cyberbullying a few years back.

Last edited:

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
That tweet about being on the phone with Zoe is obvious satire.

Good news that the police are involved but realistically how much can they do? Unless she admits to making the whole thing up I'm willing to bet she gets off scott free. Of course, with all the anonymous accusers that the Devs claim came forward, police might want to talk with them. That is assuming they actually exist, because if not they could be in a bit of trouble.

I mean, there's recent precedent for involuntary manslaughter for pushing someone to suicide, so... it's hardly unthinkable. Especially when it's so well-documented, as it is here. In this context, it doesn't matter whether or not she made it up, just to be clear.

Would be nice to see actual consequences for this kind of shit, particularly with someone as openly and notoriously uppity as Zoe.

Last edited:
I think you are really jumping the gun here and miss interpreting what she said. If anything this helps Alec, it shows that’s he is a sympathetic person who only wishes good on people. Please don’t direct hate towards her.

I don't hate her. It's just my take on it. I may be wrong, and I hopefully am.

petran79

Banned
Well, they can interview her and find out what she thought she was doing and why. At this juncture, it's not about whether Alex did or didn't do the things that she alleged (that boat sailed) but more about why 10 years down the road supposedly after matters had been patched up she chose to weaponise Twitter, destroy the man's life and ultimately drive him to suicide. Doubly so given her past and her little sojourn to the UN about Cyberbullying a few years back.

Even having the police questioning her would be preposterous for the majority. Remember, they never apologise, publicly at least

petran79

Banned
A man killed himself after his life was turned upside down. What Twitter or ResetEra thinks doesn't matter one iota when it comes to finding out why if it's a police investigation.

It will matter later in the judicial investigation, mark my words. To be able to speak to the UN, they myst have high patrons protection.

I mean, there's recent precedent for involuntary manslaughter for pushing someone to suicide, so... it's hardly unthinkable. Especially when it's so well-documented, as it is here. In this context, it doesn't matter whether or not she made it up, just to be clear.

That's right. It's not right to call it murder, because murder implies direct intent. But there's no doubt that the intent of hurting him was there.

Top Bottom