• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi U pics + footage

It looked like only the zombies cast realtime shadows. It'd also probably be more dramatic if they didn't have the flashlight origin so close to being centered on the player's camera (you'd see more of the shadow if it was off center).

Pointing a flashlight around in a dark room can be super creepy in itself because the shadows will dance around in real life -- it's a shame they couldn't capture that in the game.

I am sure they tried but this effect is too demanding. It's disabled in most games, including Crysis :p

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Kill kill killer ap. I expect it to sell very well, based on it being a launch game, having great marketing material (the CGI intro is fantastic), and a great buzz already.

You notice in the CG reveal that the human character who is killed in one scene, is the zombie that kills the next human character in the next scene? Mirrors the gameplay. Really cool little easter egg.

GDGF

Soothsayer
When the survivor was grabbed by the zombie and bitten at the end I screamed "Fuck Youuuu!"

I need this game.

Instro

Well they did say at E3 that they would be showing off an updated build of the game with visual enhancements, but that was supposed to be for Gamescom iirc.

Ridley327

Was just thinking the same....not sure though. Maybe AA has been introduced? Its certainly new footage anyhow.

The framerate seems like it's been cleaned up considerably, which can only help. It's hard to tell anything else with how low-res the video is.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
You notice in the CG reveal that the human character who is killed in one scene, is the zombie that kills the next human character in the next scene? Mirrors the gameplay. Really cool little easter egg.
I saw a post about it yesterday, but haven't got a chance to see it myself. I'll watch it again tonight. Pretty awesome concept they have there.

The lighting is amazing and gives it so much atmosphere. The atmosphere and tension reminds me of european horror movies from the 70s. My turtle head almost popped out when that zombie attacked!
Yeah, the game really has some nice stuff going on that makes for a soft look. The lighting is definitely great. I think that might be it.

I also cringed around 2:10 when the female zombie got up again and screamed in the player's face haha.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Obviously these are bullshots, being Ubisoft and all, but I'm sure the game will look very nice when it launches.

drspeedy

looks on rails

I get the same vibe. I think it's just the point of view movements are very slow and methodical, which don't realistically mimic how most of us (me) actually play. It definitely gives off an on-rails feel and probably was for this vid, but I can't imagine any on rails segments making it into the game.

I get the same vibe. I think it's just the point of view movements are very slow and methodical, which don't realistically mimic how most of us (me) actually play. It definitely gives off an on-rails feel and probably was for this vid, but I can't imagine any on rails segments making it into the game.
It's funny, because I actually play like that sometimes. It's why I hate when a game won't let me walk lol

drspeedy

re-watching it, I think I like the inventory system being so realistic- you'd actually have to manage inventory in your pack in this situation- but then I see limbs blown off by a single 9mm round.

blah blah blah video game, I know. But still. You can't dismember most rodents with a 9mm...

Paracelsus

Game looks fine.

Funny how one of the things that bother me from the game is the same as RE6: there's no weapon recoil, they look like toy guns.

x-Lundz-x

looks on rails

I'm not sure about on rails but everything in these videos make me fell like this is a FPS "House of the Dead" type game. If is most definitely not your standard FPS zombie game though.

Not saying it looks bad, it just looks like it plays really weird.

DynamicG

I'm pretty excited for this game, but the narrator bugs me a bit. So many games resort to a narrated tutorial voiced by a disembodied benefactor. There's just always some dude over an intercom who is willing to tell you what to do. It seems to oppose the idea that it is more realistic than other zombie games.

Of course I say that having not played the game, so the early footage could be overplaying that role.

Looks great! Has one of the most interesting uses of the gamepad thus far IMO. Already looking a bit better than what was seen at e3. Can't wait to see it finished. Ubisoft has impressed me more than Nintendo thus far in regards to WiiU. o_O

Top Bottom