• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombi U pics + footage

GameE

From ComicCon

http://nintendoeverything.com/94106/new-zombiu-screnshotsart/
http://nintendoeverything.com/94111/new-zombiu-footage-2/

zu_comiccon_conceptart_nursery_laundry.jpg

zu_comiccon_nursery_kitchen_zombies.jpg

Sethos

Banned
Okay, I'm listening.

One thing though, are they using the frostbite engine with all that shit on the screen?

Game looks superb graphically. They really nailed the atmosphere in that video.

Okay, I'm listening.

One thing though, are they using the frostbite engine with all that shit on the screen?

Probably Anvil engine 2.0. Frostbite is for EA devs only.

footage looks nice. I wish pople actuall made good hands in video games.

Also that bullet damage was fucking awesome, nice sounds, huge impact.

Kazerei

Banned
There was one segment that was really dark and I couldn't tell wtf was going on. Other than that, the game looks pretty good.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Kill kill killer ap. I expect it to sell very well, based on it being a launch game, having great marketing material (the CGI intro is fantastic), and a great buzz already.

GameE

Those screenshots look a lot better than how it looked on the show floor. They look like total bullshots.

Maybe, some of the pics on the site use 'conceptart' and others use 'screenshot', I think Ubisoft made up those names so I guess the screens are bullshots like you said

flippedb

Banned
Huh? Why?

Edit:

missed your edit. All clear now

The laundry one looks too good, like a concept render or something. The zombie close-up one doesn't look that good.

Love the atmosphere. That video looks amazing.

EDIT: Now I missed your edit lol

Wow, that footage was surprisingly impressive. If this game really nails the survival feel it could be a real gem. The first person animations gave me a Far Cry 2 vibe.

Jawmuncher

The only game that even has me interested in owning a WiiU at the moment.
I have loved everything I have heard about it thus far.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
thery are preparing a new build for Gamescon, I don't know if at Comicon they are presenting the same E3 build. the video and the screens look improved, especially thanks good lighting. Having played the game I can tell that that was already the best part of the game, technically.
but I'm really liking the game itself, not only for the controls (maybe the best ones for a Wii U game up to now) but also for the gameplay ideas they are putting in it (not like Red steel that was all based on controls curiosity, resulting also not so well programmed under that point of view)
the demo I played was good at controls and good at atmoshpere so I'm really interested

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I still can't believe that the two games I want most at the Wii U launch are both Ubisoft games. Zombi U may end up being rough around the edges, but the idea is too solid for me to pass it up. (And AC3 just looks fucking awesome.)

LudwigB

The lighting is amazing and gives it so much atmosphere. The atmosphere and tension reminds me of european horror movies from the 70s. My turtle head almost popped out when that zombie attacked!

The_Lump

Banned
The top screen is obviously bullshot - but the footage itself doesn't exactly look far off that. It's rather pretty when in motion imo. Especially the interior stuff. Some of the lighting looks very tasty.

Also, looking forward to how they're using the DRC - looks neat-o.

therapist

Man that looks good.
Shotgun looks so devastating i love it.

Glad i pre-ordered this and NSMB Wiiu , gettin a wiiu at launch.

My only complaint is no wii like fps controls, but wtv.

tranciful

real time shadows can be disabled, as they lead to big hit in the frame rate (in most games). I think even in Left 4 Dead real time shadows were disabled

It looked like only the zombies cast realtime shadows. It'd also probably be more dramatic if they didn't have the flashlight origin so close to being centered on the player's camera (you'd see more of the shadow if it was off center).

Pointing a flashlight around in a dark room can be super creepy in itself because the shadows will dance around in real life -- it's a shame they couldn't capture that in the game.

Top Bottom