• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Army Trilogy |OT| Nazi Zombies (no, not that one)

gus-gus

Banned
Just have to get this bumped to the front page, this game deserves attention. I'm only doing solo and I've just started but man this game is really satisfying.

Took me two hours to beat missions 3 lol. I guess some area do have respawning enemies until you get to the next checkpoint. Had almost no ammo at the end, but did end up with a 21 kill combo with one explosion.

Just have to get this bumped to the front page, this game deserves attention. I'm only doing solo and I've just started but man this game is really satisfying.
Satisfying when solo'd? Tell me more.

I'm still on the fence, even though I loved Sniper Elite v3, even if more for what it attempted than what it achieved. It still managed to achieve quite a bit more than its competition when it comes to sniping goodness and player choice. And I've had missions in Sniper Elite 3 take five hours or more easily, and that's by no means a complaint. Its something else.

ironcreed

Banned

I'm still on the fence, even though I loved Sniper Elite v3, even if more for what it attempted than what it achieved. It still managed to achieve quite a bit more than its competition when it comes to sniping goodness and player choice. And I've had missions in Sniper Elite 3 take five hours or more easily, and that's by no means a complaint. Its something else.

I am soloing it as well and am having a blast. They throw some pretty crazy scenarios at you, but it is not all sneaking and planning like in SE. It is more think fast, use all of your tools and expect the unexpected in a high action horror game with incredible atmosphere. Think Sniper Elite and Return to Castle Wolfenstein crossed with something like Evil Dead. It is totally it's own animal.

Adam Blue

I wouldn't compare this to Sniper Elite 3. Different games, yet both control similarly since the original Nazi zombies was just the expansion for v2. Now it's its own series.

This game is satisfying while solo since it feels like a real straight-up survival horror - very stressful. It controls like any other 3rd person shooter, but it's more about the atmosphere. It's the path you're being taken on through varied environments; the tension building up. You see eyes glowing through the fog in the distance as keyboards start playing - and you hear shrieks and screams. The zombies are slow...so you know you've got time - but will they overwhelm you? You'll die quick. Can you get away? Find ammo? Maybe one of the offshoot paths will take you somewhere, or maybe to a dead end. It's fantastic.

Co-op strips the stress away, IMO, but still tons of fun.

P. Fembot

Banned
Loving it.

Seems to be a lot of content, too.

Have only completed 2 missions solo in 4 hours.

Sniping nazi zombies never gets old!

gus-gus

Banned

Like others have said, it's super fun. I think for me what's making this game more addicting is that the controls actually work. You also have to be quick in this game, don't be fooled by the slow moving zombies in the trailers there are
suicide, sniper, and general zombies
probably more but I'm just getting started with the game.

Recently I've played some games where the controls were a little off and it would completely turn me off to the game.

If your still on the fence, I streamed it tonight and will stream tomorrow when I get out of work. It also helped that I got this for $40 with playstation plus. I will probably pick it up on pc down the line when it's sub $20. For now the PS4 version runs really smooth though.

But I have plenty of games to get this month and stream Battlefield, Bloodborne, probably type 0, maybe Devil May Cry, Ori and a few indies.

Twitch name gusgus2 if you want to watch gameplay tomorrow, (don't know if this is allowed)

dolemite

zat_10.0.jpg

Do I get to shoot Hitler in the face in this game?

gus-gus

Banned
You can shoot him in the ball if you want

I shot a regular zombie in the balls, well right in between as the slow 3d shot pointed out to me. I also shot two zombies on the left butt cheek. I got a good laugh as I didn't know the game would show me that.

Fury451

Banned
I adore how it let's you adjust enemy spawn based on number of players. It actually makes it possible to play solo instead of dropping you in and hitting a wall partway through like most games would that are designed around co-op.

Hope to run through with others soon! Fun game, and I love the soundtrack.

gus-gus

Banned
Hate to beat a dead horse but I'm going to try to shoot two zombies through the testickes at the same time

Will also start to co-op with others in ps4, don't have much friends though. No one on my friends list even has the game my see if neogaf is interested in any co op. Be warned though I stream my game play.

AkuMifune

Banned
Be warned though I stream my game play.

Was that you I played with last night? I was playing with a group and one of the guys was like, "That was awesome!" You guys are gonna be on youtube by the way." Heh. I'm trying to find that stream now, was a good session. Either way I'll be playing a lot more of this, so feel free to add me (anyone on PS4) if you want. Just be aware I don't often use a mic. :)

Actually playing co-op is a blast. You can turn friendly fire off or on, and with it off you don't even take damage from other peoples grenades/explosions apparently, which makes it a much different game. I'll bet it's a lot more interesting game with friendly fire on, but I'd be hesitant to do that with randoms. Anyway, great game.

napalmjam

Took me over an hour to finish the first mission ! it's nail biting stuff my back was against the wall the whole time .music and style is great as well .

gus-gus

Banned
Was that you I played with last night? I was playing with a group and one of the guys was like, "That was awesome!" You guys are gonna be on youtube by the way." Heh. I'm trying to find that stream now, was a good session. Either way I'll be playing a lot more of this, so feel free to add me (anyone on PS4) if you want. Just be aware I don't often use a mic. :)

Actually playing co-op is a blast. You can turn friendly fire off or on, and with it off you don't even take damage from other peoples grenades/explosions apparently, which makes it a much different game. I'll bet it's a lot more interesting game with friendly fire on, but I'd be hesitant to do that with randoms. Anyway, great game.

No that was not me, I just started streaming on twitch recently and have very few followers.

I like co op to and also don't use a mic so we'll be ok, I hope. Some sections would kinda require a plan from us. I'll add you when I get home.

ironcreed

Banned
Took me over an hour to finish the first mission ! it's nail biting stuff my back was against the wall the whole time .music and style is great as well .

Yep. With the WWII environment, the evil as hell horror atmosphere, the enemy variety, some clever encounters, and the Sniper Elite brand of gameplay, you truly have something entirely unique here. Not to mention it is a crazy good value.

Krakn3Dfx

If anyone wants to jump into a game later tonight (I'm Mountain Time/Denver), feel free to add me, PSN is Krakn3dfx.

Between this and Helldivers, been a hell of a week for games.

Edit: also noticed if you own the previous 2 games on Steam, you can upgrade to Trilogy for $18, so I may end up double dipping on this one.

Raptor

I wouldn't compare this to Sniper Elite 3. Different games, yet both control similarly since the original Nazi zombies was just the expansion for v2. Now it's its own series.

This game is satisfying while solo since it feels like a real straight-up survival horror - very stressful. It controls like any other 3rd person shooter, but it's more about the atmosphere. It's the path you're being taken on through varied environments; the tension building up. You see eyes glowing through the fog in the distance as keyboards start playing - and you hear shrieks and screams. The zombies are slow...so you know you've got time - but will they overwhelm you? You'll die quick. Can you get away? Find ammo? Maybe one of the offshoot paths will take you somewhere, or maybe to a dead end. It's fantastic.

Co-op strips the stress away, IMO, but still tons of fun.

Great impressions right here.

This game is like made for me, it has everything I ask in a game.

God damn cant wait.

mine arrived today with a free comic - not bad for £22 lol

will have some fun tonight!!

Just got home from work and found mine waiting for me. Wasn't expecting the bonus comic. Pretty cool. Wasn't actually expecting the game to arrive until tomorrow, so I'm a very happy chap.

My good lady wife can help the kids with their homework tonight, that's for sure.
For the avoidance of doubt, please understand that I do not really value my video game time more highly than my son's education. :)

Nokterian

My copy just arrived for PS4 going to play later tonight..if anyone in EU has it also yet you can add me to PSN same name as here!

FatalT

Banned
i was thinking of buying this but i dont know. looks cool enough. how does it run on ps4?

I bought it last night and I'm glad I did. I feel like it runs better and the controller works better than the PC versions of the two games did for me. The controls are fantastic and fluid. I haven't had any frame rate problems but I think I read other people have?

BUY THIS GAME!

My PSN ID is FatalT1 if anyone would like to add me and play!

Nokterian

If anyone wants to add me for some coop tonight and throughout the weekend, hit me up. Love this game.

PSN: Bloodbathnbyond

I bought it last night and I'm glad I did. I feel like it runs better and the controller works better than the PC versions of the two games did for me. The controls are fantastic and fluid. I haven't had any frame rate problems but I think I read other people have?

BUY THIS GAME!

My PSN ID is FatalT1 if anyone would like to add me and play!

Add me and will play later tonight EU time that is around 21:30? That's in 2 hours orso.

gus-gus

Banned
My psn is gus_b27 I'll be home tonight. I'm on the east coast, New York to be exact. We're gettting slammed with snow right now so the setting will be perfect tonight.

Moofers

Wow, this is such a varied game! I started up on release day and played campaign solo. That was intense and stressful like survival horror. I made my way down streets until I found a bombed out building that had a 2nd floor. I basically had to make a stand here like in Horde mode and hope I didn't get overwhelmed. I set up trip wires by the entry, landmines on the stairs, and I used my rifle to shoot at enemies a quarter-mile down the road. There were also explosives I could trigger on the road. It was pretty sweet.

Yesterday I spent a good amount of time playing the actual Horde mode. One map was just an alleyway. That's it. A long alley where zombies spawn the whole length of it except for one end where you have some supplies. The four of us made it to something like Wave 12 and it lasted a little over an hour. It was fun, intense, and we really had to work together and cover our zones despite how "fish in a barrel" this map seemed.

The next map I played was COMPLETELY different. It was like some kind of ruined church with multiple levels, several stairwells, outdoor areas in front and back, with a mounted turret to cover the front. It was such a different experience from the long alley. We had fun and it really got me excited to see the other 3 maps I haven't played on yet.

I haven't even tried campaign in co-op yet. I am interested in that because really its just a series of horde-like survival bits but the atmosphere and changing areas make it really fun.

BUY THIS. Its hella fun and I can't believe it didn't get more of a marketing push. It really deserves it, despite the stupid name.

Btw I'm pacific time zone (US West Coast) PSN handle: Unoillnino

So a friend received his copy from Base and he got a pretty cool graphic comic called 'A bullet for the fuhrer' with it. Anyone else receive one as well?

Fingers crossed my Amazon order comes with it.

So a friend received his copy from Base and he got a pretty cool graphic comic called 'A bullet for the fuhrer' with it. Anyone else receive one as well?

Damn, no comic here (Gamseek).

And I'm itching to play this game, but I need to finish up with Dying Light before I trade it in. I don't really like juggling between multiple games. But as soon as I'm done with DL, which should be by tomorrow or the next day, I'll be straight on ZAT. Looking forward to it.

jesu

I got it with my Base order too, a nice surprise.And a day early.

Got my copy early this morning from Base and it came with the comic , Comics not really that great , it has about 20 pages which are pretty flimsy and a few adverts in there for tshirts and other merchandise.

I'll be digging through the thread and adding people. If anyone is compelled to add me on PSN my ID is McWorked_You.

I played a little today and it feels and looks great. Quite smooth with few frame rate issues.

Top Bottom