• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zombie Army Trilogy |OT| Nazi Zombies (no, not that one)

Got se3 on the deal on xbox and not noticed any screen tearing

Really? It was pretty bad in the DF footage.

ibdQcnoJeFZrMS.gif

Watching a stream right now and the Xbox One version still has the screen tearing issue. No idea why they don't just lower the resolution for better performance.

That sucks to hear for our X1 brethren. Screen tearing is the absolute worst for me. I'd rather suffer through huge framerate dips than play with screen tearing.

I don't see how any dev could be contempt with releasing a version of their game that suffers from screen tearing. I'd do whatever was necessary to get rid of that shit if it were me.

Haklong

That sucks to hear for our X1 brethren. Screen tearing is the absolute worst for me. I'd rather suffer through huge framerate dips than play with screen tearing.

Same here. I hate it more than anything. Sniper Elite 3 had a vsync option so it wasn't too bad. But it's better to let me run it at 900p with a solid 60 fps then making it 1080P with that performance. This is the stream I was watching:

http://www.twitch.tv/andi686

Same here. I hate it more than anything. Sniper Elite 3 had a vsync option so it wasn't too bad. But it's better to let me run it at 900p with a solid 60 fps then making it 1080P with that performance. This is the stream I was watching:

http://www.twitch.tv/andi686

Yeah, that looks pretty bad. Every time she shoots, the recoil from the gun makes the screen tear.

That would drive me nuts, lol.

Edit: Lol at her trying to pronounce my username in the stream. XD

derFeef

I came here to post this. Saw Rebellion tweeting about it moments ago. Have a look for yourselves, folks. Its the official Xbox twitch channel. I can't imagine the tearing being that bad if they're putting it up on their own twitch.

It's still tearing, very much so.

ironcreed

Banned
Really? It was pretty bad in the DF footage.

I have SE3 on Xbox One and it is great. The tearing has been minor, but there area few places where it dips a bit. Nothing major. However, I will note that ZAT on PS4 seems even more crisp and runs like silk. Also, zero tearing that I have seen.

Oneself

Damn you GAF, I have a million games to play + Bloodborne is coming soon enough but I'm tempted by that PS+ discount price. Aaarg

It's still tearing, very much so.

Having played the game on Xbox one for the last few days. Yes the screen tearing is there and yes sometimes it can be bad, though otherstimes its fine. I can't quite pin down when it happens more. If you can stand that though, otherwise it runs fairly well in my time with it.

Fury451

Banned
I'll be digging through the thread and adding people. If anyone is compelled to add me on PSN my ID is McWorked_You.

I played a little today and it feels and looks great. Quite smooth with few frame rate issues.

PSN is OneNoteSolo

I'll add anyone interested. East coast NA here.

Damn you GAF, I have a million games to play + Bloodborne is coming soon enough but I'm tempted by that PS+ discount price. Aaarg
It's very easy to pick up and put down- I think it will have a long life for some fun co-op survival shooting whenever the mood hits.

Lucifon

Playing online on ps4 with 3 buddies. Noone but the host is getting bullet cams. Bullet cam setting on increased. Literally 40 minutes in and nothing. Mp bullet time is on.

This game is intense. Seriously bloody intense. I've been playing the campaign solo for about an hour now and I'm absolutely loving it. Can't remember the last time a game got my heart beat racing like this one.

Haven't done a great deal of sniping so far. Have done quite a lot of panicking and swearing and wasting ammo because I'm a crap shot though.

The atmosphere they've created for the game is amazing, like a wonderful 80s horror movie that's as creepy as it is cheesy. So good.

gus-gus

Banned
PSN is OneNoteSolo

I'll add anyone interested. East coast NA here.

It's very easy to pick up and put down- I think it will have a long life for some fun co-op survival shooting whenever the mood hits.

Yup I'm on the east coast, in case you missed it I stream when I play so Im usually not in on a chat. Psn gus_b27

Fury451

Banned
Yup I'm on the east coast, in case you missed it I stream when I play so Im usually not in on a chat. Psn gus_b27

I don't have a working mike ATM, so that works out! I'll add you later on.

The atmosphere they've created for the game is amazing, like a wonderful 80s horror movie that's as creepy as it is cheesy. So good.

Agreed. The music is very John Carpenter, and it evokes some very classic Evil Dead/Prince of Darkness eerie vibes.

Moofers

Nailed it. Its my PS4 version of Gears of War 3. I've been playing Gears Horde off and on for years now. ZAT is good enough where I think it will work out much the same way. I see long legs on this one.

There's a guy on eBay selling the digital code of the game for about $16. I'm not sure how legit it is but looking at his history seems legit to me. I really want this game but I already spent so much with a new 3ds and le Bloodbourne w/future press guide.

ironcreed

Banned
Nailed it. Its my PS4 version of Gears of War 3. I've been playing Gears Horde off and on for years now. ZAT is good enough where I think it will work out much the same way. I see long legs on this one.

Don't count out playing this solo as well. It gets super tense and is fun as hell.

Fury451

Banned
Don't count out playing this solo as well. It gets super tense and is fun as hell.

Agreed, which is rare for a usually co-OP focused game.

The best thing about having partners is watching each others' backs when they get past your traps, but it's quite doable and indeed thrilling solo too.

I'm pretty annoyed I didn't go with Base, my Amazon order is still stuck on preparing to dispatch.

So much for receiving tomorrow.

Such bullshit.

Nokterian

I asked rebellion on twitter for crazy weapons as dlc..because why not this game is all ready over the top so over the top weapons should be also in there.

Krakn3Dfx

There's a guy on eBay selling the digital code of the game for about $16. I'm not sure how legit it is but looking at his history seems legit to me. I really want this game but I already spent so much with a new 3ds and le Bloodbourne w/future press guide.

Be sure to verify what you're getting into, the one I see for $16 isn't a code, but account sharing. There's a lot of that type of shadiness on Ebay, and can get you banned from PSN.

Secondary Account;

Not be able to play with your regular user .

Only be able to play from the secondary user account.

The download may whenever you want done and in different PS4.
You need to stay connected to the Internet to play.

YOU CAN'T MODIFY THE ACCOUNT INFORMATION

Moofers

Totally. I do the majority of my Gears Horde sessions alone. I don't feel like paying for XBL when its the only game I'd play online and most of the players don't stay in a game past 10 or 15 waves anyway. Its near impossible to find people to play 50 waves with, on a map you WANT to play on.

But back to ZAT, I have already tried some solo horde and I can tell I'm going to be right at home. Like I said, this game is going to have some serious legs for me. :)

FatalT

Banned
I had a great time with McWorked_You about an hour ago. He joined my girlfriend and I as we were finishing the end of Episode 1 Chapter 2, then we tried Horde mode. I ended up pulling the trigger on Helldivers as well so yeah, you convinced me :p

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know why the game was released on disc in Europe but not in NA? Would think that they would release on a disc in order to get more sales, even if it's a limited release.

Does anyone know why the game was released on disc in Europe but not in NA? Would think that they would release on a disc in order to get more sales, even if it's a limited release.

Difficulty getting distribution as they aren't using a separate publisher. They're working on it though.

Oh shit! Between you saying this and custom soundtracks now on PS4 I think I just found love haha. Gears Horde mode I suffer withdrawal from, so nice to just go in and wreck shit after a long day.

When does this come out for Xbox one? Searched and said it was up for pre-order discounted for 40$
United States

Tomorrow for xbox

Oh shit! Between you saying this and custom soundtracks now on PS4 I think I just found love haha. Gears Horde mode I suffer withdrawal from, so nice to just go in and wreck shit after a long day.

Tomorrow for xbox

Xbox One version is already out. I was just playing it.

Top Bottom