• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zynga are so shameless - Nimblebit responds

Meier

Nimblebit with a humorous look at Zynga's Dream Heights which is an absolutely blatant ripoff of GAF favorite Tiny Tower.

Sm16beh3

From Ian Marsh/@eeen's Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/eeen/status/161983237864955904

Zynga is shameless but the problem is not limited to them. There is so much cannibalization/cloning going on in mobile gaming it's disgusting.

Stealing (or "stealing") a game and giving it a different presentation, UI, and graphics is a large part of what the industry is made of, IMO. Another example is Crush the Castle -> Angry Birds. Whether it's right pr wrong is on a case by case basis.

In this instance, based on the screenshots, it does seem a little too similar to the just released Tiny Tower. Now, if it were a year or so later, and/or if they changed up the game a little bit, it wouldn't be so bad, I guess.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The entire mobile game market is based off of ripping things off. Surprise, Zynga does it too I guess?

xbhaskarx

Lol as if I would have any interest in this just a few months after getting over my Tiny Tower addiction.

I'll wait for the Gameloft version.

Bullza2o

Never knew about Tiny Tower, thanks OP! I'll look for it on the App Store.

As for Zynga games, and Facebook games in general, I was done with those long ago. They require so much time, and there's really no point in playing (unless you want to spam your friends' news feeds).

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
There must be something wrong with my brain. Tiny Tower looks amazing, whereas Zynga Tower looks totally characterless.

Sharp

Wait I just realized that this is probably supposed to be in gaming, right? Or do iPhone games go in OT?

Yeah this was the first thing I thought of when looking at these screenshots

Like, let's not pretend y'all aren't ripping off Will Wright.

Sim Tower was a Japanese game made a guy named Yoot Saito. It was originally called "The Tower" and Maxis brought it over as Sim Tower. SEGA brought over its sequel on PC as Yoot Tower. There are other Japan-only sequels on the GBA and DS.

(end random history lesson. :p)
Edit: Beaten

You mean Yoot Saito.

Buy Yoot Tower for iPad, folks. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/yoot-tower/id379197311?mt=8
Aww man, would totally get if I had an iPad. :(

I don't think I can play Tiny Tower on the Android tablet I'm posting from, but the Zynga clone will probably be available for it.

So, one vote for Zynga.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
I don't think I can play Tiny Tower on the Android tablet I'm posting from, but the Zynga clone will probably be available for it.

So, one vote for Zynga.

Tiny Tower is on Android. Buy that, don't get this Zynga garbage.

EDIT: :p

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Wow. Well played Nimblebit, well played.

Too bad your game is dangerous to my health with your push notifications all day every day. I had to delete it off my damn phone to escape it.

Tiny Towers plays you... you don't play it. I hated myself for how much time I spent on that game fucking with a damn elevator.

bounchfx

wow this just got me interested in Tiny Tower. And I prefer the look of that more, too. Zynga shit just looks awkward and teeny-bopper.

Top Bottom