• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-GAF: A GAF Community!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is Sentry's thread (that he got Evilore's permission to make) but he asked me to write a forward for it and post it since he's hella perma-juniored.

So, I could write something about how Realpic January was fun, but that's cliché. I could explain that it actually brought a lot of people closer together because a face was attached to a message and it helped people realize that there are actual humans writing these posts and not simply arguments being produced from the ether. But those of you who know what I'm talking about are already aware of this and those that don't care probably don't feel the need to hear it. So, I'll just say this.

Some people enjoyed this GAF activity, some didn't, others looked on in awe, still others in confusion. Some people saw the resulting monster threads as an affront to everything GAF stood and and some people saw it as the fulfillment of what GAF is supposed to be. To a large extent, though, we're more of a community now than we were at Christmas and even though this month and activity are over, that is not something that will be severed easily.

I had fun, GAF. I'll have fun without the thread, too. But for a few weeks, we mostly treated each other as equals and as friends, so I pray this attitude does not disappear with a simple change of pictures next to our posts. RealPic January has died, long live its ideals.

Before I put what Sentry painstakingly made, I wanted to point out two videos. The first was made by Davedough, explaining what he remembers and enjoyed about the last month.

The second is a collage of avatars I got from Sentry and then fed in to a collage maker. These are just small things to maybe help you invoke a little nostalgia when you feel like remembering this time.

With that, it's almost February, so maybe you've found your Valentine among these pictures? :p

[click any image below for the large version]

< Retro
-%20RPJ%204%20LYF%20-.gif
N-Ball >

<general text, something something>

[ GlassesGAF — TieGAF — BeardGAF — HatGAF — BaldGAF — AviatorGAF ]

For the rest of the demographics + GIF galore; http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=34638991&postcount=5701

& for nostalgias sake, here's some of the older stuff from OT1/2;

Some statistics;

Total RPJ Avatars Collected: 911
Participating Gaffers: 696
Total Accumulative Posts: 25,630

RPJ DemoGAF's;

Girl-GAF: 40
Black-GAF: 67
Asian-GAF: 32
Bald-GAF: 29
Beard-GAF: 41
Glasses-GAF: 123
Aviator-GAF: 24
Hat/Beanie-GAF: 110
Tie-GAF: 54
Cup-GAF: 25
Circus-GAF: 26

So, until next time...
t1357016400z2.png
grin.gif

Malvolio

I enjoyed the extra bit of personality it brought to the forum. Kudos to the creator and the people that kept it going.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The fact that my face was no where NEAR Oregon on that world graphic is a massive disappoint.

Still have yet to find mine :<

Lissar

Reluctant Member
China? Totally owned, he actually almost put me in Oregon.

And with that I think I will switch back to my normal avatar.

Awww, well at least it's a good avatar :eek:

Maybe we'll see each other at an Oregon-GAF meetup one of these days :D

Acid08

Banned
The internet is crazy ya'll. This has been fun, you're all damn cool and genuinely nice and funny people. Hope we can still do TC after this month <3. I have to take some time to compile a list of everyone I got to know better because of this.

xdciy.png

Soon.

soultron

Banned
Although I didn't feel like sticking with my RPJ avatar, it was fun to shoot the shit and ponder the very notion of RPJ. It was cool watching another subGAF community shoot up too.

Mengetsu

This was a great idea and great time to get to know the people behind the avatar. Im sad I didn't get to post so much or talk due to being busy with work this month but, this was fun.

Also for the record Im Puerto Rican ;)

noah111

Still Alive
Thanks for posting this; if anyone is worthy it's you, with basically 97% of the posts in both RPJ threads.

We had some good times, and they'll keep on living on in the IRC/TC until next year. :D

Zeppu

This whole Sentry-is-collecting-our-avatars-but-doesn't-even-last-til-the-end-of-the-month thing is really getting on my nerves.

So since it's a special occasion, gonna go ahead and use a new picture for the last couple of days.

I would've posted more, but it moved so damn fast when I wasn't there, and I rarely had anything relevant to add. OH WELL. I'll try harder next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom