• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

It worked!

state_vector_collapse unplug your xbox to get your replays working properly again

Thanks drugstore_cowboy

Will do that later. Mine were getting progressively worse. Thank you both.

While I'm here....why the hell can't you restart championships? I'm in one at the moment that seems to be going on forever. I have been experimenting between races trying to pick a car I like, but would much rather find one decent car and then go through the series of races. But there is no option to just start again with a new car.

Spades

Little bit of V8 practice around Silverstone last night whilst waiting for the Titanfall beta details to pop. Lovely car - suggest a slight tune towards more grip - but I think these will provide some excellent racing.

zorbsie

Will do that later. Mine were getting progressively worse. Thank you both.

While I'm here....why the hell can't you restart championships? I'm in one at the moment that seems to be going on forever. I have been experimenting between races trying to pick a car I like, but would much rather find one decent car and then go through the series of races. But there is no option to just start again with a new car.

I'm pretty sure you can restart a series. Go to career, instead of hitting continue series go to select series. This gives you the grid of championship series. When you have the series you want highlighted there should be an option at the bottom right hand that says restart series. I want to say it's the Y button. This is all from memory sorry if it's a little confusing.

Couldn't sleep after getting home from work so I threw this together quick

12483713754_0228905bab_c.jpg

Submitted for use if you guys want, or until p3tran amazes us with his artistic prowess

Anyone looking for a copy of the Forza 5 LE? I am going to end up with two copies due to companies sucking. I could just send it back, but I figured I would try here to see if anyone is looking for one.

Mascot

Anyone looking for a copy of the Forza 5 LE? I am going to end up with two copies due to companies sucking. I could just send it back, but I figured I would try here to see if anyone is looking for one.

I'll have it Shorty, along with your Bone if that's OK. I'll need a US-UK power adapter too so see if you can rustle one of those up as well. If you can't, no worries - just PayPal me £10 and I'll buy one here. If you could send the lot immediately by overnight courier it would be very much appreciated. My current gaming TV is only 720p as well, hint hint. Again, I'll need a power adapter for that too. You're the best!

For Free? If so I would be interested.

Hah, I can't quite give it away but I know its hard to find. Hell, I might just hold on to it and use it as a prize for some Forza thing down the road.

I'll have it Shorty, along with your Bone if that's OK. I'll need a US-UK power adapter too so see if you can rustle one of those up as well. If you can't, no worries - just PayPal me £10 and I'll buy one here. If you could send the lot immediately by overnight courier it would be very much appreciated. My current gaming TV is only 720p as well, hint hint. Again, I'll need a power adapter for that too. You're the best!

Nice try man! If only you didn't live in Tea and Crumpet Land. Otherwise I would be sort of, kinda, somewhat tempted.

p3tran

Banned
Couldn't sleep after getting home from work so I threw this together quick

12483713754_0228905bab_c.jpg

Submitted for use if you guys want, or until p3tran amazes us with his artistic prowess

hey, thats not too bad.. sort or reminds me ed hardy style 8)
looks like you got some skillz ss

Mascot

Nice try man! If only you didn't live in Tea and Crumpet Land. Otherwise I would be sort of, kinda, somewhat tempted.

Oh well, worth a shot. I'll just have to hang on for the ones that Helios is sending to me and Drugstore Cowboy. I wish Dan would hurry up and sign them.

Hi guys, I ordered my Forza 5 Limited edition on ebay since I cant find it here in Chile, I was not planning to buy the console yet but... I can get one for 645 instead of the 800 that normally cost the imported version.

Im very tempted to buy it, does Forza 5 driving model, sounds and graphics compare to Forza 4 worth it? I cant say that I have another next gen game in mind other than Forza 5.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Hi guys, I ordered my Forza 5 Limited edition on ebay since I cant find it here in Chile, I was not planning to buy the console yet but... I can get one for 645 instead of the 800 that normally cost the imported version.

Im very tempted to buy it, does Forza 5 driving model, sounds and graphics compare to Forza 4 worth it? I cant say that I have another next gen game in mind other than Forza 5.

645 dollars? Probably not worth.

Seriously guys, that classic CRX might be the BEST FWD car in the entire game. If it's not the fastest, it is damn sure the most fun to drive. I have been just destroying with it in C class.

Seriously guys, that classic CRX might be the BEST FWD car in the entire game. If it's not the fastest, it is damn sure the most fun to drive. I have been just destroying with it in C class.

I only briefly toyed with the CRX when the Honda pack was released, but yeah, it's the best FWD in the game, bar none. Stock gearing seemed a bit too tall, but the chassis balance was superb. It'll be my tool of choice for the hot hatch leagues.

Also, for Helios, BADNED, or anyone else in the know, February was said to be looking like a good month for Forza fans, and while I don't mean to suggest it hasn't, (the MC12 alone was good enough for me), can we expect anything more besides the car packs and bug fixes? A wink and a nod is all I need, thanks.

HeliosT10

I only briefly toyed with the CRX when the Honda pack was released, but yeah, it's the best FWD in the game, bar none. Stock gearing seemed a bit too tall, but the chassis balance was superb. It'll be my tool of choice for the hot hatch leagues.

Also, for Helios, BADNED, or anyone else in the know, February was said to be looking like a good month for Forza fans, and while I don't mean to suggest it hasn't, (the MC12 alone was good enough for me), can we expect anything more besides the car packs and bug fixes? A wink and a nod is all I need, thanks.

;) *nods*

SarBear

Nürburgring confirmed. ;)

Hmm....

Possibly Road America, read someone found the leaderboard on FM site.

A legacy track pack would be nice. Really miss Suzuka and Nurburgring GP.

Well well.....

Free C7 Corvette Pack? C7 Z51, C7 Z07, C7.R.
That's a lot of sevens.

This would be nuts!

hyundai car pack

This is more likely the case. -___-

Short Skirt got an XBONE?

Revson

Apparently Road America is coming with 5 layouts:

Full Circuit
Full Circuit Alternate
East Route
West Route
West Route Alternate

zorbsie

I go to the autoshow one day and we get track DLC info. Holy shit, take my money and all that. :)

Spades the number plate is shared, just search for my gamertag.

Mascot

Sorry to disappoint everyone expecting tracks, but Helios was clearly hinting that Dan had finally signed the Xbones for me and DC and they were currently in transit.

I am very glad that I kept up on the Rewards and such before I got the game. When I turned the game on for the first time I got like $7Million and 15ish cars. Not a bad way to start the game.

Don't worry, you'll be broke by Monday

Haha, I am trying to NOT just buy all the cars I want to drive right away. Been careful so far, mainly because some of the slower cars are just so much fun.

Seriously, that CRX could be my favorite car to drive. It is just ridiculously awesome. Plus they let you start with the BMW 1M, which is a car I would kill to own.

Apparently Road America is coming with 5 layouts:

Full Circuit
Full Circuit Alternate
East Route
West Route
West Route Alternate

Er... Road America doesn't have alternate layouts as far as I know, besides the option to use the bend or kink (which would be Full, Alternate). Did they create two smaller layouts divided by the service road at turn 5? (big run off area; you've crashed here in Forza). That would create East/West/West Alt (using same bend/kink switch). East would be nearly Motegi-levels of fucking boring.

Edit: just to add that I'd be very happy to have Road America back and more ribbons is better than fewer.

Edit2: Suzuka has main/alt/west/west alt/east layouts too.

BADNED

Er... Road America doesn't have alternate layouts as far as I know, besides the option to use the bend or kink (which would be Full, Alternate). Did they create two smaller layouts divided by the service road at turn 5? (big run off area; you've crashed here in Forza). That would create East/West/West Alt (using same bend/kink switch). East would be nearly Motegi-levels of fucking boring.

Edit: just to add that I'd be very happy to have Road America back and more ribbons is better than fewer.

Edit2: Suzuka has main/alt/west/west alt/east layouts too.
Oh it does have and the Skip Barber School Course layouts with either the Kink or the Bend. ;)
example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvUfQSB8Jj4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8QBusGTwRo

BTW seems like you never played RACE Pro, right?

Well, that's what I expected from looking at the track map.

No; thought about buying it but comments about it online put me off. Was keen due to the tracks.

You should go find it for cheap and play it. It is actually really good. The sound is fantastic and I thought the handling was some of the best out there.

Plus is has a bunch of tracks that nobody else has, WITH weather and time of day. Definitely worth the purchase.

Top Bottom