• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

zorbsie

titlecard1duva.png

The latest evolution of the definitive sim racer on the XBOX 360 making it’s jump to the XBOX One. With all the cars you could want (207) and a vast array of locations(14) all brought to life with the power of the cloud. (I couldn’t resist, I’m sorry.)

features_titlek3uix.png

Drivatar – Many Forza fans may remember the name but this time it’s a little different. Drivatar tech learns how you and your friends drive. All this info gets collected and uploaded/downloaded to you and your friends so that you can race them even when they are not online. This is not just ghost racing, the drivatar is an ever-evolving opponent.

Rivals – Rivals is making a return. Similar to FM4/Horizon, compete with friends on varying challenges to earn in-game credits.
Multiplayer – Smart Match matchmaking will help keep multiplayer competitive and balanced. While Dedicated servers will make getting in and playing those races a much smoother experience. (Forza GAF races will still take 45 minutes in the lobby before each race)

Graphics – New graphics engine made for the Xbox One. Crazy realistic visuals running at 1080p/60 frames per second. New damage model shows every bump and scrape, while roads collect tire rubber and debris. The world is now alive with flying helicopters and better animated crowds, maybe even a pit crew? Please.

Forzavista – Get up close and personal will all the cars of the game. The cars are rendered in ultra detail with working doors, hoods and trunks. You’ll even be able to turn the key and hear the roar of the engine.

Unique careers –
Based on the car you like driving showcasing it’s strengths, rivals and place in motorsport history.

Updated Tracks – Tracks have now been laser-scanned for the most accurate representation.

Top Gear Partnership – Challenge the Stig’s Digital Cousin, Do laps on the Top Gear Test Track, and listen to Clarkson, Hammond, and May throughout the game during Forzavista and career events.

Rewards - Get in game items by playing Forza games. Go to http://rewards.forzamotorsport.net/ , sign in with your gamertag and see what tier you are in. 6 tiers are available now, each giving rewards for FM4, Horizon and FM5. Here are the tasks to complete for FM5:
rewards0lupq.png

boxart29bug3.png

Standard Edition – Game disc $59
Day One Edition – Game disc, Day One Car Pack $59
Limited Edition – Game disc, Day One Car Pack, Limited Edition Car Pack, VIP Membership*, Car Tokens (1250 CT), SteelBook case, Decal sheet. $79

Digital Download – If you download the game in the first two weeks you will get the Day One content. Source: Xbox Wire

*VIP Membership – Exclusive benefits: 2x player reward acceleration, access to exclusive multiplayer events and exclusive in-game player card badge. Also get a VIP car pack, more on that in the DLC section.

cars_titlejxuxg.png

The following 207 cars represent the on-disc selection of vehicles for FM5 at launch, which each include full Autovista walkthroughs and spoken vehicle commentary by Top Gear personalities:
Full list of cars - ForzaMotorsports.net

tracks_titlewruco.png

Bernese Alps
Catalunya
Spa
Indianapolis
Le Mans
Laguna Seca
Mount Panorama
Prague
Road Atlanta
Sebring
Silverstone
Test Track Airfield
Top Gear test track
Yas Marina

cheevos_titleubui5.png

Welcome to Forza Motorsport - Complete the very first race. 5 GS
Gold Medalist - Earn 5 gold medals in Career races. 5GS
Gold Fever - Earn 10 gold medals in Career races. 10GS
Gold Digger - Earn 20 gold medals in Career races. 10GS
Gold Rush - Earn 30 gold medals in Career races. 15GS
Golden - Earn 50 gold medals in Career races. 20GS
Pure Gold - Earn 70 gold medals in Career races. 20GS
Golden Century - Earn 100 gold medals in Career races. 20GS
Pot of Gold - Earn 150 gold medals in Career races. 25GS
Gold Bars - Earn 300 gold medals in Career races. 25GS
Golden Standard - Earn 400 gold medals in Career races. 25GS
Series Sweep - Complete 5 Championship Series. 5GS
Major League - Complete 10 Championship Series. 10GS
League Leader - Complete 15 Championship Series. 15GS
League King - Complete 25 Championship Series. 20GS
Championship Legend - Complete 40 Championship Series. 25GS
My Kind of Car - Reach Affinity level 1 with any car manufacturer. 5GS
Brand Loyal - Reach Affinity level 25 with any car manufacturer. 10GS
Die-Hard - Reach Affinity level 25 with any 2 Car Manufacturers. 15GS
Fanatic - Reach Affinity level 25 with any 4 car manufacturers. 20GS
Factory Legend - Reach Affinity level 25 with any 8 car manufacturers. 25GS
Start Your Engine - Reach Driver Level 1. 5GS
Up and Comer - Reach Driver Level 3. 10GS
Semi-Pro - Reach Driver Level 5. 10GS
Forza Lifestyle - Reach Driver Level 10. 15GS
Committed - Reach Driver Level 20. 20GS
Professional - Reach Driver Level 30. 20GS
VETERAN - Reach Driver Level 40. 20GS
Forza Fifty - Reach Driver Level 50. 25GS
Centurion - Reach Driver Level 100. 25GS
Hall of Famer - Reach Driver Level 150. 25GS
First Five - Earn 5 medals in Multiplayer races. 5GS
Pedal to the Medal - Earn 10 medals in Multiplayer races. 10GS
Trading Paint - Earn 20 medals in Multiplayer races. 10GS
Rubbing is Racing - Earn 30 medals in Multiplayer races. 15GS
The Big 5-0 - Earn 50 medals in Multiplayer races. 20GS
Medal Head - Earn 70 medals in Multiplayer races. 20GS
Precious Medals - Earn 90 medals in Multiplayer races. 20GS
Born Competitor - Earn 110 medals in Multiplayer races. 25GS
Heavy Medal - Earn 200 medals in Multiplayer races. 25GS
Full Medal Jacket - Earn 325 medals in Multiplayer races. 25GS
Follow Me - Lead for a total of 50 miles in Multiplayer races. 5GS
Born Leader - Lead for a total of 200 miles in Multiplayer races. 10GS
Eat My Dust - Lead for a total of 350 miles in Multiplayer races. 15GS
Pace Setter - Lead for a total of 500 miles in Multiplayer races. 20GS
Lead Dog - Lead for a total of 100 miles in Multiplayer races. 25GS
Sidewinder - Earn 20 perfect Drift scores. 20GS
Slipstreamer - Earn 20 perfect Drafting scores. 20GS
Movin' Up - Earn 125 perfect Pass scores. 20GS
Apex Ace - Earn 300 perfect Turn scores 20GS
Painting By Numbers - Earn 1,000 credits from the community using your paint jobs. 10GS
Museum Quality - Earn 15,000 credits from the community using your designs. 15GS
Colour of Money - Earn 30,000 credits from the community using your designs. 20GS
New Wallpaper - Get 50 downloads across all of your shared photos. 10GS
Gone Viral - Get 100 downloads across all of your shared photos. 20GS
Pro Tuner - Earn 1,000 credits from the community using your tune setups. 10GS
Master Tuner - Earn 15,000 credits from the community using your tune setups. 15GS
Artisan Tuner - Earn 30,000 credits from the community using your tune setups. 20GS
Rarified Air - Complete the Spring Break, Red and Bleu!, and Snake Bit achievements. 25GS
Forza Triple Crown - Complete the Le Mans Gold, Grand Prix Gold and Indy Gold achievements. 20GS

media_titleggukg.png

Pics

Vids

review_title81urp.png

Rev3/Sessler - 5/5
Eurogamer Germany: 10/10
USGamer - 4.5/5
Polygon - 9/10
VideoGamer: 9/10
GameReactor UK - 9/10
GameSpot - 9/10
Destructoid - 9/10
IGN - 8.8/10
Game Informer 8.75/10
OXM UK: 8/10
GamesRadar - 4 stars
Digital Spy - 4 stars
Joystiq - 4 stars
Eurogamer - 7/10
Escapist - 3.5/5
CVG: 7/10
EGM - 6.5/10

dlc_title5duzu.png

Day One Car Pack – Each car has Day One-themed Livery and custom tuning package.
-2010 Audi TT RS Coupe
-2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera
-2013 Ford Focus ST

Limited Edition Car Pack – Each car has limited Edition Livery and tuned to the top of it’s class
-2011 Audi RS 3 Sportback
-2012 Aston Martin Vanquish
-2013 Shelby Mustang GT500
-2013 SRT Viper GTS
-2014 McLaren P1

Forza Motorsport 5 VIP Car Pack – Only available to VIP members
-1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C
-1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird
-1991 Mazda #55 787B
-2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
-2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor

LaFerrari Car Pack - $9.99
laferrari_dlcprycr.jpg

-2013 LaFerrari
-2002 Acura RSX
-2013 BMW M6 Coupe
-1979 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1969 Dodge Charger Daytona Hemi
-1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500
-2002 Lotus Esprit V8
-1987 Pontiac Trans Am GTA
-2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta
-1989 Toyota MR2 SC

Car Pass
6 future car packs at a reduced cost, $49.99(18% off). Each pack will have 10 cars. They will be released every month and the first pack, LaFerrari Car Pack, will be released along with the game. I’ll update this section with the cars for each pack as they are released.

links_title65u6d.png

Forza 5 Photo Gallery thread
Forza GAF players list – PM me or Shortt Sirket to be added to this doc.

Thanks to Helios for rounding up assets for this and Shortt Sirket for the support and feedback. This is my first thread and first OT, go easy on me guys.

jond76

Banned
Be sure to check your emails. I got one from Xbox with a code for a "2011 McLaren Forza Motorsport 12C with special livery and tuning package."

Yay, free stuff!

shakex

Only thing that is missing is the Xbox One Day One Edition, Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel and of course Forza 5...

ezo8zR6.jpg

Bgamer90

Banned
I will mess around with this at launch but I need a wheel (there won't be any at launch) so I'll probably hold off on getting really deep into the game for about a week or so -- whenever a wheel will be available in stores.

my XBL friends and I have always wanted to do a "sleeper mode" online race where you only see the name of the car and not the ranking (so upgrading shitty cars becomes fun).... Was this possible in Forza4? hope it happens in Forza5

Leflus

Nice OP.

Looking forward to reading impressions from GAF and the press. Idk, I'm not feeling the hype for it yet (like I do with KI and DR3).

Might have something to do with the fact that I am currently playing through Forza Horizon (beautiful game btw!) and played through Forza 4 earlier this year.

Nicely done, zorbsie. First OT or not, it came out great.

As for FM5, I still haven't committed to jumping in. 500 bones for a 'Bone is a tough pill to swallow, but should I happen to find myself out late next Thursday night, and come across a local retailer with systems in stock, I fear that I won't be able to resist the siren song and will end up walking out with an Xbox One, FM5 LCE, and a much lighter wallet.

Like a moth to a flame, I am.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
good job on the thread, though there is a disturbing lack of bathurst and spa love - 2 very key reasons as to why fm5 is a MUST buy

I am buying this and an XBox One Eighty for Spa. Not kidding.

The next game I know I will buy is the next Halo.

Not the most rational decision I have ever made. Whatever.

op_ivy

the replay looks great, but its the top gear track, so no surprise. hpe to see other track replays soon.

I am buying this and an XBox One Eighty for Spa. Not kidding.

The next game I know I will buy is the next Halo.

Not the most rational decision I have ever made. Whatever.

you and i are cut from the same cloth it would seem. i'm also unable to resist because i'm certain both titanfall and quantum break will both also be amazing.

AlexMogil

This is the main reason I'm getting the One. My daily driver is in the game, too, so I always seem to buy games that have it.

Cannot wait.

I'm interested...but new to the series. Is there anything more that 2 friends can do on this game online other than enter races together and compare race times?

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Great OP.

I am still a little torn on Forza 5, and my main concern is that my G27 won't work with it. What do other wheel-gamers think, is the game perfectly enjoyable with a controller as well if you are used to wheel-gaming?

But dat Lotus, dat Lotus. x_x

op_ivy

I'm interested...but new to the series. Is there anything more that 2 friends can do on this game online other than enter races together and compare race times?

unconfirmed but cross your fingers for car soccer and bowling!

there are also more "fun" race modes that will likely be built in such as cat n mouse.

Great OP.

I am still a little torn on Forza 5, and my main concern is that my G27 won't work with it. What do other wheel-gamers think, is the game perfectly enjoyable with a controller as well if you are used to wheel-gaming?

But dat Lotus, dat Lotus. x_x

its enjoyable, but no where near to the same level IMO. i'll be playing on a pad though till i can determine which wheel is best

zorbsie

Thanks fellas. After doing this ot I'm going to try and upgrade my preorder to the limited edition. It seems totally worth.

op_ivy

the replay is of one of the intro races around the top gear test track mini-london... but this part from that page is new to me, "the replay of a "fun" race includes obstacles that can knock if desired and destabilize some vehicle trajectory." i don't believe objects like that affected the car in previous forza games, so if this is indeed now the case, thats pretty cool.

BeeDog

I'm surprised at the lack of Xbox One/Forza accounts from stray owners. I mean, there has to be someone out there who has gotten a hold of the console and this game, right?

Very curious to hear impressions about this game. A good friend of mine is grabbing the XB1 and this game, so am pumped to try it out.

you and i are cut from the same cloth it would seem. i'm also unable to resist because i'm certain both titanfall and quantum break will both also be amazing.

I've heard of Titanfall. Maybe I will look into this further and put it on the Christmas list.

Top Bottom