• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

I got a code and haven't touched an Xbox since 2010.

fuck-this-and-this.gif

Yeah, that code thing seems just completely random. I mean, some of us have played a ton of Forza and have no codes.

Come on T10! The only person higher than me on the Rewards page is H3RTZ!

mZOQl3h.png

saladine1

I cant wait.

Especially if this is an example for the intros we get for events and car choices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgbpQaZqm8M

Yeah, I've always asked for stuff like that. Previous games felt too cold and lonely. Nice to finally see and hear some life in Forza..

Hey Helios, how about throwing something special our way in celebration of this thread?

A 'Hey, how you doing guys?" would suffice if you can't give us something Forza'ish..

zorbsie

Got the KI email but not the Forza email. I'm not sweating it just yet. The emails are probably going out in batches. If nothing shows up by mid week I'll be a little more concerned.

And in the hype category, I upped my preorder to the limited edition. Not for the cars or the player badge but for the Forza decals.
Totally for the cars.

Mascot

Oh, and Mascot, I don't care if you never so much as touch another Forza game for the rest of your life; don't be a stranger around these parts. A Forza thread without your magnificently worded rants, and, especially, your bizarre and uncomfortably erotic odes to the Beardawalt, is a thread I don't want to read.

Well if Helios comes through with his promise of free Xbones and copies of the game for me and Drugstore Cowboy for the OT suffix then I might well be playing the game sooner than you think!

Come on Helios - you PROMISED.

Klocker

A little help please....

I'm buying forza digitally at launch...what is the deal with the bonus cars and such if you go digital and not pre-ordered?

Do I just buy the vip digitally also at launch? What other options and add ons are there to get all the cars?

A little help please....

I'm buying forza digitally at launch...what is the deal with the bonus cars and such if you go digital and not pre-ordered?

Do I just buy the vip digitally also at launch? What other options and add ons are there to get all the cars?

I heard you get the day one stuff as long as you buy it within 2 weeks of launch.

shandy706

Well...Microsoft Support, after multiple departments and people, have no clue as to what codes I'm talking about.

Looks like I'm not going to get either car :(

Checked my e-mail settings with xbox.com. It was already set to receive e-mails and promotions.

Doodis

Looking forward to the game. Played the Laguna Seca lap at my Microsoft Store last weekend and was a bit underwhelmed by the visuals, but enjoyed the driving. I'm not sure why they didn't use a Prague lap as opposed to Laguna for the demo, but whatever.

derFeef

Looking forward to the game. Played the Laguna Seca lap at my Microsoft Store last weekend and was a bit underwhelmed by the visuals, but enjoyed the driving. I'm not sure why they didn't use a Prague lap as opposed to Laguna for the demo, but whatever.

The Laguna Seca build is busted. I played that too and everything else so far looked so much better.

zorbsie

Couldn't agree more. It doesn't help that the track feels so barren. Maybe it was the first track to be finalized, or maybe they didn't want to show off the really great looking tracks right away. I know it won't happen, but hope those demo units get updated with a new track post launch.

Couldn't agree more. It doesn't help that the track feels so barren. Maybe it was the first track to be finalized, or maybe they didn't want to show off the really great looking tracks right away. I know it won't happen, but hope those demo units get updated with a new track post launch.

It's Laguna Seca.

FinKL

I don't know how they did it, but the distinct rumbles in the left side vs right side really shine. It's like you want to brake to feel that grinding, it's so different from normal rumble

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Thrustmaster wheel now has confirmed PC support.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.609551905771983.1073741830.567381553322352&type=1

TX Racing Wheel: PC COMPATIBILITY
Updated 21 minutes ago

TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition will also be compatible with PC. Check on http://ts.thrustmaster.com/: driver download will be available soon. With this driver, you will be able to update as well your racing wheel firmware, if needed. Your racing wheel’s Firmware version appears in the top right in the Control Panel’s tabs. Firmware: 45 is the latest and recommended version

1380636_6095519157719dqu8d.jpg

374506_60955191243864k9ux5.jpg

1470027_609551909105364u8t.jpg

Is there any news about Porsche? Is it still going to be a paid DLC upgrade later on, or are they including at least some version of the 911 with the base game? RUF maybe (I'm getting desparate here).

Edit: Just saw that it's only 3 RUF cars. FUCKING GODDAMIT THESE FUCKING EXCLUSIVE LICENSES!!#!$^$#&^%$!@%^#&$*^&%#$#@

Additional edit: I want to go on the record here and say FUCK exclusive licensing in all aspects, shapes and forms in gaming. This includes the NFL exclusive license, FIFA license... they can all DIAF, goddamn promotes non-competitive behaviour.

/endrant

Is there any news about Porsche? Is it still going to be a paid DLC upgrade later on, or are they including at least some version of the 911 with the base game? RUF maybe (I'm getting desparate here).

God, I desperately hope they give us the Yellowbird. There is nothing I want more than to take a FM5 version of the Yellowbird around the new "laser scanned" Ring.

Oh sweet Jesus, I think I just came thinking of it.

Edit: With all the new streaming stuff on the XB1, it will make my updated 50 Days of (Green) Hell a LOT easier to do.

p3tran

Banned
God, I desperately hope they give us the Yellowbird. There is nothing I want more than to take a FM5 version of the Yellowbird around the new "laser scanned" Ring.

Oh sweet Jesus, I think I just came thinking of it.

the only thing you gotta do for the yellowbird, is get limited edition

Y-...

Yes.

FUCKING YES!

The wheel situation has been depressing the living daylights out of me.

That's it for me though. I have a G27 and Official wireless feedback wheel going on ebay right NOW and I'll be picking one of these up or £299.

Thrustmaster upgraded their ancient T500RS with a new firmware and apparently gave it a totally new lease of life. I only never purchased one because the shifter paddles were static (I mean, really?).

If they're releasing an improved version of the T500, I'll be more than happy to ditch the Logitech.

Edit:
G27s running on ebay for £150+ easy
Official wireless wheels running on ebay for £50+ easy.

I shall be upgrading.

Top Bottom