• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF March 8th/11th Caucus Thread (Wyoming + Mississippi = OBAMATON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheebs

Atrus said:
One week's instability in the face of her kitchen sink attack does not undo the sheer incompetence of how she has mismanaged her campaign and finances.
I agree. But this week has been bad bad bad for Obama. His worst this campaign.

It was losing first and now the media is claiming his campaign is a big mess with people contradicting eachother and making wild claims.

I know GAF thinks todays big story is +4 delegates in California, but it's not. It's the monster comment.

maynerd

Banned
Cheebs said:

It was losing first and now the media is claiming his campaign is a big mess with people contradicting eachother and making wild claims.

I know GAF thinks todays big story is +4 delegates in California, but it's not. It's the monster comment.

That monster comment uproar is LAME.

GhaleonEB

Amir0x said:
oh ok so it's the media that decides who wins what, not the actual facts :lol

The facts: He won the delegates, and therefore at worst ended with a draw in Texas. That's all that matters, the facts not the media interpretation.
If you are talking about the nomination process, then of course it's the delegates.

With respect to the ban bet, Triumph specifically said he was betting on the primary, regardless of the outcome of the combined caucus and primary results. He knew what he was getting into.

Also: the end of Obama's townhouse was great, when he contrasted how well his campaign has been run and credited his leadership and management. It got him a standing ovation, and he needs to do it more.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cheebs said:

Actually I think most people are portraying the eight-delegate swing as a huge deal in a manner mocking or at least criticizing the view of Hillary's four-delegate swing as making her a "comeback kid."

Cheebs said:

U don't understand.

The media doesn't matter at all. Mathematically it is impossible for Clinton to win. Its only a matter of time.

Media sucks ass Cheebs... you should know this.

APF

It's not just the monster comment; it's also her (Power's) comments that I'm discussing now, which pair right up with Rice's comments from earlier. They're sending out a consistent message, but it's not a good one for you guys.

Amir0x

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
If you are talking about the nomination process, then of course it's the delegates.

With respect to the ban bet, Triumph specifically said he was betting on the primary, regardless of the outcome of the combined caucus and primary results. He knew what he was getting into.

Also: the end of Obama's townhouse was great, when he contrasted how well his campaign has been run and credited his leadership and management. It got him a standing ovation, and he needs to do it more.

Yes obviously. Back on that ban bet page, I had unbanned Triumph before I read your comment about what the ban bet specifically entailed. However, after that, I said fuck ban bets. It's too goddamn dumb to keep up with the details.

Cheebs

Karma Kramer said:
U don't understand.

The media doesn't matter at all. Mathematically it is impossible for Clinton to win. Its only a matter of time.

But they have a big impact on voters on states. Do you think Ohio would have been such a big gap if the media didnt go crazy over NAFTA-gate and the 3 AM ad call?

The media has more of a impact on election results than 100's of rallies and town halls ever can have.

Karma Kramer said:
U don't understand.

It may be "mathetmatically impossible" for her to win, but it's "mathematically impossible" for Obama to win as well. Now it's about persuading the superdelegates, and if Clinton keeps having the success she had been over the last two weeks or so, she will do just that. To act like the media plays no role in this is just ridiculous.

Cheebs

Loudninja said:
Why is it so hard to grasp the fact she that Obama won Texas?
Because she won the popular vote and everyone outside of GAF and Obama.com credits the winner of the popular vote as the winner in primaries going back over every single primary election in this country in all of our elections in the past.

You think GAF is going to suddenly change that viewpoint?

Cheebs said:
But they have a big impact on voters on states. Do you think Ohio would have been such a big gap if the media didnt go crazy over NAFTA-gate and the 3 AM ad call?

The media has more of a impact on election results than 100's of rallies and town halls ever can have.

Its too late for them to have any big effect on this election. Momentum mattered back in Iowa... today all that matters is delegates.. and Obama mathematically cannot lose.

The media of course isn't going to focus on this... cause if people know this election is wrapped up and over... people are going to tune out and watch American Idol instead.

Cheebs

Karma Kramer said:
Its too late for them to have any big effect on this election. Momentum mattered back in Iowa... today all that matters is delegates.. and Obama mathematically cannot lose.

The media of course isn't going to focus on this... cause if people know this election is wrapped up and over... people are going to tune out and watch American Idol instead.
What happens if she wins the popular vote in the end? Which is very possible if FL and MI revote.

The supers could very well pick her due to that.

Star Power said:
It may be "mathetmatically impossible" for her to win, but it's "mathematically impossible" for Obama to win as well. Now it's about persuading the superdelegates, and if Clinton keeps having the success she had been over the last two weeks or so, she will do just that. To act like the media plays no role in this is just ridiculous.

The super delegates won't go against the peoples vote (which will be Obama).

If they do... well... that would simply be the most idiotic decision the Democratic Party could ever make.

GhaleonEB

Amir0x said:
Yes obviously. Back on that ban bet page, I had unbanned Triumph before I read your comment about what the ban bet specifically entailed. However, after that, I said fuck ban bets. It's too goddamn dumb to keep up with the details.
Ah, I missed that. But I agree - they're stupid. Calls for them are pretty hilarious. I consider "if I'm wrong then mock me for being wrong" plenty "bet" enough. Such bullshit macho posturing.

Also, Obama is hitting Clinton on the Mississippi comment down there. Press conference about it, now he's running radio ads.

Rival Barack Obama has been running radio ads in Mississippi calling Clinton's comments insulting to the state.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2008/03/clinton_revises_remark_on_wome.php

Karma Kramer said:
The super delegates won't go against the peoples vote (which will be Obama).

If they do... well... that would simply be the most idiotic decision the Democratic Party could ever make.

I wouldn't put it past them, to be honest. But we'll see, hopefully they don't.

FoeHammer

Well, the wife just heard that Obama is going to be here in Jackson, MS on Monday. I'd like to go but I'm afraid there will be way too many people.

Mississippi should go strong for him. His ground game has been in effect here for a couple of weeks now, and I've already received a few calls from supporters. Also, he is airing a good amount of ads on TV and I've yet to see campaining of any kind for Senator Clinton.

Cheebs said:
What happens if she wins the popular vote in the end? Which is very possible if FL and MI revote.

The supers could very well pick her due to that.

Popular vote doesn't matter in this democratic process. If Hillary somehow convinces it does.. then fuck Al Gore should be running this country right now.

Cheebs

Karma Kramer said:
Popular vote doesn't matter in this democratic process. If Hillary somehow convinces it does.. then fuck Al Gore should be running this country right now.
It does matter because super delegates could be swayed by it. There is no critera for super delegates. Why cant they pick the popular vote winner?

If more people plain and simple vote for her the supers could go for her, and it would not be seen as stealing the election from Obama. But she NEEDS the popular vote count to do this.

Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm really pissed about how Obama handled this whole Samantha Power thing. Now he's (his campaign?) is trying to distance himself from her even further. He did the same thing to Zbignew Brzezinski.

Cheebs

Star Power said:
Sorry to bring this up again, but I'm really pissed about how Obama handled this whole Samantha Power thing. Now he's (his campaign?) is trying to distance himself from her even further. He did the same thing to Zbignew Brzezinski.
What should have been a one day story became a week long story. It's a huge mess.

GhaleonEB

Cheebs said:
It does matter because super delegates could be swayed by it. There is no critera for super delegates. Why cant they pick the popular vote winner?

If more people plain and simple vote for her the supers could go for her, and it would not be seen as stealing the election from Obama. But she NEEDS the popular vote count to do this.
I don't' see how he loses the popular vote, especially if Michigan runs the caucus (closed primary) as rumored; he pick up hundreds of thousands of additional votes there, even if he loses.

Rur0ni

Cheebs said:

They can: Obama will have the popular vote. :p

Loudninja

Leonsito said:
Well guys, my country has elections on Sunday, I wish luck to Obama on the primaries and in November elections (see what I did here?), so you better wish luck to Zapatero in Spain :D

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/03/07/spain.qa/index.html
I iwsh luck to Zapatero than :D

Obama has:
Won more states
Has the popular vote
Has the pedge delegate lead
able to raise amssive ammout of money

So yeah, who you think thye will pick?

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It does seem like a missed opportunity that we be denied an attractive woman named 'Samantha Power' jetting around the globe for the Obama Administration.

APF

Star Power said:
You think it's better to toss-out insults and suggest the candidate you're advising won't actually follow-through on key policies involving the only mindshare point he has issues-wise with voters (Iraq)?

Star Power said:

I don't like it.

I feel cheated

I'm going to post this on Hillaryis44 to get back at Obama camp

I'm all out of hope

One more bad dream could bring a fall

When I'm far from home

Don't call me on the phone

To tell me you're alone

It's easy to deceive

It's easy to tease

But hard to get release

Les yeux sans visage eyes without a face
Got no human grace your eyes without a face.

I spend so much time

Believing all the lies

To keep the dream alive

Now it makes me sad

It makes me mad at truth

For loving what was you

Got no human grace your eyes without a face.

Rur0ni

Guileless said:
It does seem like a missed opportunity that we be denied an attractive woman named 'Samantha Power' jetting around the globe for the Obama Administration.
Hire her back after he gets the election. ;D

Cheebs

GhaleonEB said:
I don't' see how he loses the popular vote, especially if Michigan runs the caucus (closed primary) as rumored; he pick up hundreds of thousands of additional votes there, even if he loses.
if he loses then she picks up even more votes which makes her amount grow higher.

The thing is with FL, if she wins by the same margins as last time the popular vote count would be pretty damn close. Throw in PA (which is bigger than all the remaining states) and she could very well win it with her extra small states she has left she'd win vs. the small states obama will win plus NC.

Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Cheebs said:
No, gaf is spinning it. Not the media. Everyone here discussed him winning the popular vote. Not just the delegate count. No one disputed he'd win more delegates in texas. What the arguments were all about was the popular vote count. Everyone said PD and I would be wrong, he'd win the primary (not the caucus but the PRIMARY).

And guess what? When everyone was wrong they changed what they meant by a win. It's stupid and fanboyish.

Who the hell cares what the fanbois here at GAF think?

:lol

Vgamer

Karma Kramer said:
U don't understand.

Mathematically it is impossible for either canidate to win without the help of the superdelegates.

Cheebs

syllogism said:
But the story broke today? Seriously stop posting, even CoolTrick is less obnoxious.
If you think they wont be discussing this on all the sunday morning shows than lol.

Also CoolTrick? He is a Clinton guy. I support Obama probably moreso than most in this topic I'd imagine.

Cheebs said:
If you think they wont be discussing this on all the sunday morning shows than lol.

Also CoolTrick? He is a Clinton guy. I support Obama probably moreso than most in this topic I'd imagine.

wait.. what? You support Obama? :lol :lol *SHOCKING*

syllogism

Cheebs said:
That seems three days to me

I don't care you who support, his posts are at least somewhat grounded in reality and not asinine.

Cheebs said:
if he loses then she picks up even more votes which makes her amount grow higher.

The thing is with FL, if she wins by the same margins as last time the popular vote count would be pretty damn close. Throw in PA (which is bigger than all the remaining states) and she could very well win it with her extra small states she has left she'd win vs. the small states obama will win plus NC.

Is it likely? No. Is it possible? Yes.

Lets say she barely passes Obama in the popular vote... like by a couple thousands or a couple tens of thousands... or fuck even a couple hundred thousands.

How will it be justifiably when Obama has a clear lead in delegates? Super-delegates are slowly going to Obama... cause they know he is the nominee. They know that at this point giving their support to Hillary and turning this race around would be suicidal for the Democratic Party.

Cheebs said:

wait since when did you support Obama?

Cheebs

Star Power said:
wait.. what? You support Obama? :lol :lol *SHOCKING*
People here like to claim I don't. Hell a lot here refuse to believe I support Obama. I have given him $150, read both of his books, wanted him to run since I heard of him in 2004 and been his supporter since rumors of his campaign began in 2006.

Somehow the fact I have been shilling for him since there was just rumors of his campaign 2 years ago means nothing:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=124471&highlight=Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom