• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF March 8th/11th Caucus Thread (Wyoming + Mississippi = OBAMATON)

Status
Not open for further replies.

maynerd

Banned
Shiggie said:
im practically nagging my GF to regester. she just isnt interested in politics. Help me GAF! how do i motivate her?

Withold marriage and/or money. That's the only thing that women care about.

Seth C

Shiggie said:
:lol well shes in PA and im in NY soo i could say that this wont work.

Okay then, threaten not to withold yourself from sex. :D

AniHawk said:
Then the obvious answer is to threaten to not withhold sex.

Damn it! Beaten due to being at work and getting a call.

I just saw Baracks Preachers speech on youtube, Barack H. Obama political career is dead. Enough vile and hatred things in that speech to turn me off and I'm black, and this is at a chruch.

So Long OBAMA.

Tamanon

Banned
http://www.politico.com/blogs/thecrypt/0308/GOP_amendment_aimed_at_mocking_Obama_.html

While senators gravely speak about the nation's fiscal health all day during the Senate budget debate, they're not above making purely political points aimed at embarrassing one another.

To wit: Sen. Wayne Allard, a Republican from Colorado, has crafted a massive budget amendment that claims to fund every policy proposed by Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) on the presidential campaign trail. Allard's amendment _ doomed to fail by a significant margin _ includes $1.4 trillion in spending over five years by proposing Obama's universal health care program ($65 billion a year), expanding the Army ($6.6 billion a year) and eliminating income taxes on lower income seniors ($10 billion a year).

This is an old Senate trick during budget season, where senators take campaign rhetoric and pump up the theoretical budget numbers behind the proposals then force a vote on the matter. The political impact on Obama is minimal, since the drudgery of the Senate budget debate is unlikely to create waves in the presidential campaign. And Obama has never promised to implement his dozens of domestic policy ideas all in one budget year, but that's not the point for Senate Republicans behind this maneuver.

Allard is a prime candidate to sponsor the amendment _ he is retiring from the Senate and there's no political cost to actually sponsoring $1.4 trillion in Democratic policy proposals.

Allard said his proposal was "an amendment that I think needs to be a part of the process – that will budget for some of the rhetoric we are hearing on the campaign trail."

The only thing to watch with this proposal is to see if Obama actually votes in favor of it the way it has been packaged by Allard.

The funny thing is that the cost of all these reforms isn't that bad when you look at it compared to the war funding.

mosaic

go eat paint
Tamanon said:
The funny thing is that the cost of all these reforms isn't that bad when you look at it compared to the war funding.
Yeah, man, take the Iraq war out of the equation and that budget seems reasonable. Aren't we spending $4-to-$7 Billion a month in Iraq/Afghanistan?

Tamanon

Banned
gluv65 said:
I just saw Baracks Preachers speech on youtube, Barack H. Obama political career is dead. Enough vile and hatred things in that speech to turn me off and I'm black, and this is at a chruch.

So Long OBAMA.

What? It's a preacher. Vile and hateful things come out of almost every preacher's mouth about someone.

Plus, he's not even his preacher anymore, he left a while ago.

PhatSaqs

Banned
gluv65 said:

So Long OBAMA.
Yes because Obama = his (former) preacher.

Clevinger

Geraldine Ferraro, dunce of the week, compares Obama to Bush:

"I am absolutely stunned by this whole thing. I’m not saying he isn’t qualified, never did I say that. He is very smart. He has experience issues, but if George Bush can learn to run the country, so can this guy."

Also funny was this:

Ms. Ferraro, 72, said she had been the victim of a barrage of abusive e-mail and telephone calls in the last few days, organized, she suspects, by Obama operatives. Asked how she knew it was an organized effort, she said, “It was too orchestrated, bang bang bang. Where else could it come from?”

Hmm... Who else could be incredibly angry with you...? Who else...?

APF

Cheebs said:
I don't get why Hillary and her campaign is allowed to talk about how we need a woman in the white house and so forth but we can never say the same about an african american
Go ahead. The only thing that's stopping Obama and his surrogates from doing so is the idea that that course of action will only serve to alienate people / remind folks that Obama is black (I assume)

harSon

Banned
Even though I'm not religious at all, I attended Trinity Church during a family reunion roughly 2 or so years ago. Jeremiah Wright came off as a fairly competent and intelligent man. I personally don't have a problem with the guy, he is no different then any other mega church preacher.

Diablos

Why Obama needs to win! :D

106xzk1.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
polyh3dron said:
The funny thing is, if Obama and Hillary were characters in Crash and this whole Ferraro situation was a scene in the movie, people would probably call it the most outlandish part of the movie because no one would say something like that.

:lol

That's why it always kills me when racial things in movies happen and white people try to tell me it's ridiculous and that it's over the top.

But yeah I agree.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Tamanon said:
What? It's a preacher. Vile and hateful things come out of almost every preacher's mouth about someone.

Plus, he's not even his preacher anymore, he left a while ago.

When did he leave? Because Sean Hannity is still acting like Obama views him as his current preacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom