• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Japan Launch Livestream 2/21 - guest creator appearances confirmed

ethomaz

Banned
Hellooooooooo nurse! <3

iP0Iy62IjB6R.gif

I can't believe I lost this epics moments... give me more Sony... I need it.

ironcreed

Banned
Microsoft builds the system around Kinect and everyone hates it and does not want to be forced to buy it. Sony keeps the Eye Toy optional and everyone loves it and runs out to buy one. I just find that funny and am left wondering if Microsoft is wishing they had added a bit more juice to the hardware, launched at a lower price and went the same route with Kinect.

E92 M3

Microsoft builds the system around Kinect and everyone hates it and does not want to be forced to buy it. Sony keeps the Eye Toy optional and everyone loves it and runs out to buy one. I just find that funny and am left wondering if Microsoft is wishing they had added a bit more juice to the hardware, launched at a lower price and went the same route with Kinect.

Kinect doesn't have anything as cool as Playroom =/

And they should have kept it optional. I want back to the 360 for Dark Souls and the UI is so much easier to navigate with the controller. The only cool thing about kinect is controlling my volume and on/off for the console.

Are there any expectations/predictions on what the first day sales will be like in Japan. Is there any chance that the PS4 gets close to 6million sold with the last two weeks worldwide plus Japan?

_hekk05

Banned
I just heard one of the gravure idols calling the cameraman onii-chan.

Hnnnnng.

This is way too good. Im bookmarking that channel.

Are there any expectations/predictions on what the first day sales will be like in Japan. Is there any chance that the PS4 gets close to 6million sold with the last two weeks worldwide plus Japan?

Better than PS3, probably on par with Vita/WiiU launch sales, nowhere close to PS2.

I think most people feel that the launch itself will be successful. It's really the post-launch sales that people are fearing a massive drop-off and that a poor momentum only weakens the console's stability, even when software comes eventually. ( late 2014/2015 )

Atomsky

Banned
I wonder why ppl were stunned when Andrew spoke Japanese. He's been doing that since like 2 years ago when he was introducing PS Vita.

(going by this thread) When (and if) Xbox gets Japanese Gravure models streaming, that is when kinect will be praised, until then it's the PS4 and playroom.

Priz

I just heard one of the gravure idols calling the cameraman onii-chan.

Hnnnnng.

This is way too good. Im bookmarking that channel.
Wwwwwwwww I just added it to my ustream follow list. I just tuned in but I need to start getting ready for work. :(

Went to Yodobashi Camera here in Fukuoka today during lunchtime and shelves are still full of launch day preorder systems. Also, after work, nobody in line or I just didn't see them. I would be actually surprised if the system sells well here.

kick51

Banned
now taking side-bets on whether the gravure channel ends up the subject of an "article"

just let them have it western gaming press, nobody is getting any over there!

BrunoM

Hi how's everyone ?

Does any one have a link with the video so I'm able I research it later sense It was not posible for me to do it live ?

Thanks

And now the fun starts that the ps4 is out in Japan

btkadams

Went to Yodobashi Camera here in Fukuoka today during lunchtime and shelves are still full of launch day preorder systems. Also, after work, nobody in line or I just didn't see them. I would be actually surprised if the system sells well here.

i'm confused. did you go to the store and see them on the shelves the day before launch? i thought it just released a few hours ago.

FireCloud

Is there a Yodobashi Camera in New Zealand?

UberTag

At least there will be one place on the planet where store shelves will have plentiful PS4 supply.

Isn't it like 2am in Japan right now? How can you have gone there are lunch time?

Hastati

I never got the sense that there was much of a gaming (or even Otaku) circle in Fukuoka. The game stores were always devoid of people, and there weren't many of them. Still upset about downtown Mandarake being downsized. Though I'm glad I can expect to find a PS4 without much of a fight...

ethomaz

Banned
You know the console was launched in Japan about three or four hours... unless you work at daybreak and have launch at 2am then you are lying.

Sorry but you can't says things impossible to happen at the time you posted... maybe you could post this comment 12 hours ahead.

iamvin22

Industry Verified
You know the console was launched in Japan about three or four hours... unless you work at daybreak and have launch at 2am then you are lying.

Sorry but you can't says things impossible to happen at the time you posted... maybe you could post this comment 12 hours ahead.

busted!

DI9TxWb.gif

Zoe

It's a fact that there were stores that didn't have to close their preorders.

Prelude.

Yep, you have to explain this. Unless you think it launched on the 21st you have a weird concept of lunchtime.

Kysen

Love gaf for comments like this, no bs slides here.

Top Bottom