• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Japan Launch Livestream 2/21 - guest creator appearances confirmed

Freki

Went to Yodobashi Camera here in Fukuoka today during lunchtime and shelves are still full of launch day preorder systems. Also, after work, nobody in line or I just didn't see them. I would be actually surprised if the system sells well here.

It's 2 o'clock in the morning in Japan right now. The PS4 has been on sale for 2 hours...
When is lunchtime in Japan again?

graywolf323

I'm at work and the internet is slow here today so I haven't been able to get the stream to work :( finally gave up after a couple hours

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
It's a fact that there were stores that didn't have to close their preorders.

The thing is that with Yodobashi you dont pre-order systems off the shelves. Its done by getting a pre-order slip of paper that you fill out then take to the register which you get a slip back in return.

All consoles are behind the counter anyways so its not like you walk around the store taking them off a shelf to purchase. You walk up to the sales register and ask for one or hand over a pre-order slip.

jayu26

Went to Yodobashi Camera here in Fukuoka today during lunchtime and shelves are still full of launch day preorder systems. Also, after work, nobody in line or I just didn't see them. I would be actually surprised if the system sells well here.

What the hell! What would possess someone to say shit like this...

JPHJ

Neo Member
It's the hourly chart, which means basically nothing (yesterday it was PS3 Yakuza Ishin, some days ago it was Wii U Mario Kart 8… totally situational). The 2014 chart doesn't help either as there are multiple PS4 console SKUs.

Regarding games, COMG pre-orders indicate good PS4 Yakuza Ishin sales, everything else mediocre.

do you or anyone have the link to the 2014 past bestsellers japan amazon site, had a look but cannot seem to find it....?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
He's a time traveler obviously..

time-travel-want-with-80s-guy.jpg

sn00zer

This statement could be true...if he went to lunch yesterday....he saw shelves filled with PREORDERS no one was in line yet. Lets not jump on everyone all the time

the console wasnt even out then either

btkadams

This statement could be true...if he went to lunch yesterday....he saw shelves filled with PREORDERS no one was in line yet. Lets not jump on everyone all the time

i'd agree if he didn't say the shelves are "still" full of preorders, implying they were sitting there waiting for people to pick them up.

Darksol

You know the console was launched in Japan about three or four hours... unless you work at daybreak and have launch at 2am then you are lying.

Sorry but you can't says things impossible to happen at the time you posted... maybe you could post this comment 12 hours ahead.

Isn't it like 2am in Japan right now? How can you have gone there are lunch time?

Yep, you have to explain this. Unless you think it launched on the 21st you have a weird concept of lunchtime.

It's 2 o'clock in the morning in Japan right now. The PS4 has been on sale for 2 hours...
When is lunchtime in Japan again?

the console wasnt even out then either

Dangan%2002.jpg

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Is the stream still live? If so, Can someone provide a link to the USTREAM stream please? Or at least a link to the archive of it if it's over?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
You know the console was launched in Japan about three or four hours... unless you work at daybreak and have launch at 2am then you are lying.

Sorry but you can't says things impossible to happen at the time you posted... maybe you could post this comment 12 hours ahead.

Isn't it like 2am in Japan right now? How can you have gone there are lunch time?

What? I read his post and didn't get the impression he was claiming to be from the future. He said they still had preorder systems (as in, systems for preorder) and no one was lining up for the launch.

Gammacide

Should be pretty exciting to see the sales numbers for first day, first week, first month in Japan. REALLY need to get some JRPGs on this bad boy, then systems will fly off the shelves by themselves.

Nothing to be worry about as this was expected to happen .
PS4 sales in japan going to be a long battle until Japanese devs show up 2 years later .

eh that's not a good sign for the level of support the PS4 will get going forward though. Without adoption of the PS4 Japanese developers will likely find their userbases much smaller than they'd have hoped.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus... some of you guys are a bit too on the edge. I'm pretty sure you're misreading that guy's comment completely.

JPHJ

Neo Member
Is PS4 really in stock on amazon right now? That can't be a good sign.

PS4 was number 1 on amazon on the hourly chart now at number 4. Will be in the 100's by morning....

ITS OVER FOR SONY CONFIRMED.

Must be hard to take this blow after the nightmare in New Zealand :)

ethomaz

Banned
What? I read his post and didn't get the impression he was claiming to be from the future. He said they still had preorder systems (as in, systems for preorder) and no one was lining up for the launch.
If that was what he said then my sincere apologies... I did not understand that.

idlewild_

Last I checked the camera first pack PS4 bundle was being sold by a third party so might be sold out but the noncamera first pack was still being sold by Amazon themselves

The normal first pack is being sold by 'only one market' for ¥47,800, price should be ~¥41,900

eh that's not a good sign for the level of support the PS4 will get going forward though. Without adoption of the PS4 Japanese developers will likely find their userbases much smaller than they'd have hoped.

That is there fault for not showing up and what ever happens it's on them .
Japanese devs will just be left behind again and i say this as someone who loves Japanese games.

Top Bottom