• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 6: Final Destination confirmed for not fun

Clearly the box from Portal. And then there's the S.T.E.A.M trademark...
And the 3 boxes..

I'm late with this obviously, but just had to say it still. Popped into my mind as soon as I saw the pic.

https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/453443512764080128

It's says something about release date, someone please translate it.

Google Translate:

"It is not at the stage to announce the release date specific yet [Announcement], but in the broadcast of tomorrow, I'll let you know also to the rough release date. # NintendoDirectJP"

So we'll get a rough release date tomorrow. My guess is either Fall 2014, or pushed to 2015.

God damn, the hype really is real. It's legit. He wouldn't be pushing this Direct so much and saying it'll "probably be worth it" if he was going to announce a delay, right? RIGHT?

https://twitter.com/SmashBrosJP/status/453443512764080128

It's says something about release date, someone please translate it.

Oh shit, oh shit.

EDIT: Okay, so we now know that we're not getting a specific release date yet. As long as the rough release date has nothing to do with the number "2015," I'm all right with this.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
However, if the game is not in a stage to talk release dates yet, 2015 might be more likely as we're already a third of the way into 2014. Guess we'll see 14 hours.

JoeM86

Wouldn't surprise me if they're saving the date for E3.

We've had this before where we had a release period then release date revealed a couple of months later

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Kept you waiting, huh?

You sure did, Pheonix Wright.

image.php

WHENS MAHVEL?

I am exited for the release period the most, does it mean summer/fall/winter or will it be by month like they did for kart when it was just announced that it will be may

"We are happy to announce that Super Smash Brothers For Wii U and 3DS will release some time after E3 2014 and before the launch of our next console."

This is their Holiday 2014 game for sure. It makes too much sense. Winter 2014 rough estimate, expecting a November specific date revealed at E3.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Did Brawl have gift boxes?

Regarding that tweet, I'm actually getting legit nervous now. This is April and if Sakurai's not ready to announce a release date yet, then that means there's probably a good chance the rumor to push it into 2015 is true. D:

Regarding that tweet, I'm actually getting legit nervous now. This is April and if Sakurai's not ready to announce a release date yet, then that means there's probably a good chance the rumor to push it into 2015 is true. D:

They haven't even revealed the released date or a rough estimate for Bayonetta 2 here in NA and thats most likely a Fall/Winter release as well since Japan got the "Summer" rough estimate. Heck we were stuck with the "Spring 2014" release date for Mario Kart till the end of January. Thats only 4 months prior to release when we got an official date. No need to jump to worst case scenario.

Yes.
Also, there are not a whole lot of games that reveal their exact release date 6 months in advance, especially with Nintendo, Heck several are first revealed in less than 6 months from their release date

fisheyes

So, I'm actually on a flight to Morocco when the direct is on. When I land, I expect news so glorious that the entire country is celebrating. Hastily constructed statues of Sakurai lining the streets, murals of Ridley, Mewtwo, Shulk and Palutena adorning the walls, men dressed as Isaac, women dressed as Tharja, boys dressed as Andy from Advance Wars and girls dressed as Jill from Drill Dozer. I expect to walk through the markets and see millions of burnt copies of the new games, which were copied following the games surprise reveal at the end of the direct, and I expect every house to have a WiiU on its doorstop, personally delivered by Sakurai himself. Anything less will be disappointing, and Nintendo might as well give up on gaming forever.

Zalman

So, I'm actually on a flight to Morocco when the direct is on. When I land, I expect news so glorious that the entire country is celebrating. Hastily constructed statues of Sakurai lining the streets, murals of Ridley, Mewtwo, Shulk and Palutena adorning the walls, men dressed as Isaac, women dressed as Tharja, boys dressed as Andy from Advance Wars and girls dressed as Jill from Drill Dozer. I expect to walk through the markets and see millions of burnt copies of the new games, which were copied following the games surprise reveal at the end of the direct, and I expect every house to have a WiiU on its doorstop, personally delivered by Sakurai himself. Anything less will be disappointing, and Nintendo might as well give up on gaming forever.
This is how the world should be.

Jintor

Are you nuts?

I want my WiiU delivered by Iwata. [Directly] to me!

Please understand...we couldnt deliver a Wii U to every house but a 3DS should be fine too?

Anth0ny

However, if the game is not in a stage to talk release dates yet, 2015 might be more likely as we're already a third of the way into 2014. Guess we'll see 14 hours.

Nintendo is not in the state to talk release dates until 2 months before the game (console) launches

I don't even think we'll get a specific date at e3, honestly. it'll be like an august or september nintendo direct.

Yeah, I'm not too surprised we're not getting an actual date tomorrow. The idea that we were was always something of a pipe dream, knowing Nintendo and how they usually operate with release dates.

I don't think Sakurai's tweet is cause by itself to believe that it's being pushed to 2015, though it's certainly a possibility. There are other high-profile Wii U games whose release dates we didn't know about until 3-5 months before they actually came out.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I really expected that we wouldn't get specific release date but at least they are going to narrow it down.

I'm not surprised that people would interpreted three crates as three surprises/characters. The crates look way good, so I'm excited how they kept showing more items over the time, so we can kept cross the lists that they are going to be appearing in smash 4.

Fellas, 13 hours so GET HYPE!

Jackano

No release date means... well we still can have it at E3. But otherwise imo it means that's holidays 2014 when I was hoping for a june-september relase.

It seems like it will also be the last chance to heard about the music.
From Sakurai it's really surprising we havn't a word about it yet.
I don't expect the scale of Brawl but it will be a huge disapointement if it ends up with little to no new music. They can pick up many songs from previous Smash and other games but I want new arrangements.

Mark1

I'm still hoping it's a 2014 release and just DLC for next year, but I am feeling a little concerned. I love getting a smash bros game during the Christmas period, no game can ever match the excitement of a new smash at that time of the year

Today is the day!

Stupidly excited for this. Especially since Nintendo themselves are hyping it up. Today cannot go quicker. I've got butterflies....either that or it's the dodgy chicken I cooked yesterday~~

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
now I am worried about tomorrow neogaf was really hoping for a summer release

Why are you that obsessed with release date? I meant I have seen you made multiple thread based on release date at smash board and occasionally asked about it here.

I think it's better if you would stop thinking about release date or you would hurt yourself even more if you are being obsessed with the release date. Enjoy the information daily and smash hype because once smash released, the pre-release hype is gone and anticipation hype would be gone as well.

It's more like to not be summer release date but I could be wrong tho. (very late summer release date is possibly but unlikely)

Funny thing is that if it wasn't for that damn "Smash Bros. 6 in 2015" job listing, none of us would have any reason to suspect a delay (except those who have always thought it would be delayed). One strange little job listing changed everything...

You realize Nintendo often releases games within a year of announcing them, right? They always give a solid release date within 6 months of a game's release nowadays. Calm down. I'm not saying we should expect a Summer release or anything, but there's no need to get all riled up because there's no solid date by April.

And can we all please remember these 2015 rumors came from a job listing for a game called Smash Bros 6.

And we're taking it seriously...

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You realize Nintendo often releases games within a year of announcing them, right? They always give a solid release date within 6 months of a game releasing nowadays. Calm down.

And can we all please remember these 2015 rumors came from a job listing for a game called Smash Bros 6.

And we're taking it seriously...

I'm more likely to agreed with someone who posted that they could make mistake with Soul Caliber 6.

At least, we have our own saint that are made out of plaster that would guide us to right place.

JoeM86

Funny thing is that if it wasn't for that damn "Smash Bros. 6 in 2015" job listing, none of us would have any reason to suspect a delay (except those who have always thought it would be delayed). One strange little job listing changed everything...

Na, people were expecting delays before that :/

Top Bottom