• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCEE brings you: "Playstation Day 2008" The thread of hopeful hope.

Arnie

Jesus, Mirros Edge looks really good. DICE has a history of great audio effects in their games. It looks like Mirrors Edge doesn't disapoint in that regard. I love the breathing sound effects as the charachter runs. It looks incredibly traquil. I do hope they dont force enemies to shoot at you as you are free running. i want to pick my way through the environment at my own pace.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Everyone keeps talking about delays....

But wasn't JUST Killzone 2 and Home delayed, or am I missing a slew of other titles?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dallow_bg said:

But wasn't JUST Killzone 2 and Home delayed, or am I missing a slew of other titles?

Well nothing from infamous should confirm it as 09 too late to hype... nothing from WKC... LBP got pushed back a month, but I dunno what else.

f@luS

More than a member.
dallow_bg said:

i heard GT6, Gow 4, FFXIV are all delayed

JoeMartin

Yeah, watching Mirror's Edge trailer again I can say that I'm officially aboard the hype train. I love the atmosphere in general, from the music used to color palette. Nice vibe.

Crackdown + Assassin's Creed platforming = ?

Aggelos

MassiveAttack said:
So what's left?

SCEA Gamer's Day
PlayStation Premiere
E3
TGS
???

When is the PS premiere event? Before E3 or after?
Last year, if I am not mistaken, it was after E3....

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Darkpen said:
oh wow, mirror's edge looks fucking HOT. :D

yaaaaaay for pretty multiplat games :D

Fixed.

By the way I don't get why people are calling overreaction on the killzone trailer? It looks fucking brilliant in the small snippets we've seen there. That picture is alright, but the video was amazing. new animations and all in there, which were ridiculous. All sorts of explosions and what not.

Elios83

I'm in waiting mode for Motorstorm2, Killzone 2 and Little Big Planet trailers (HD quality), as we know Resistance won't be shown in gameplay form publicly at this point.
Mirror's Edge looks really cool but IMO the first person ruins it to me, too much motion sickness added.

Frenck

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
Wow sorry man just not feeling you.

At least explain what is supposed to be so amazing about this:

killzone-grab.gif

Not even remotely GIF worthy. Is there some hidden significance to the storyline?

You guys and your Killzone.

antiloop

I don't get why they don't even release some screens for games like Afrika, WKC, The Getaway, 8 days and so on... and maybe a line of info for each game. On progress.

abacab driver said:
Love the brightness and cleanliness of the Mirrors Edge, but they need to add some dynamic camera changes or something..it feels too odd doing all that stuff in first person looking at your feet and thighs.
Really like the idea of the game though.

They absolutely do not need to add those camera effects. The entire point of the game is to create the feeling of you actually being a character instead of just being a floating pair of arms like in most FP games. I hate the idea of jumping in FP games yet in this game it looks right The movement completely shames every FP game i've seen.

slider

Frenck said:
At least explain what is supposed to be so amazing about this...

If you can get over the crappy quality I guess it's the naturalism of the movements. Do you see what some people are excited about now?

Opus Angelorum said:
I have to say, the shine of Killzone 2 has worn off for me.

It still looks great, but not to the level some people are suggesting.

Same here, now Mirrors Edge is my new idol. (till i see HD footage)

dallow_bg said:

I guess in the business of game development, you can't always set release dates in stone especially when your title is still in the early stages of production. Who knows what might happen during the stages of development that could cause them to miss the deadline

Also, you can't really say something is delayed if there wasn't a official release date announced for it.

Pug

KZ2 has fantastic animations, but the gif everyone is showing just looks like a cut scene, great and all but we have seen this stuff before. The Screen shot looks nice, but its nothing mind blowing.

h3ro

Frenck said:

killzone-grab.gif

Not even remotely GIF worthy. Is there some hidden significance to the storyline?

hater.

KZObsessed

Ok just watched the Mirror's Edge trailer, never heard of the game before and... wow. There wasn't much shown, but it looks to be the best free-running game ever. :lol

Seriously tho, it looked beautiful, the IQ, I hope that was PS3 footage. The whole atmosphere, the music... just beautiful. Don't like the character model, but I'd buy the game just to jump around the massive city. Mark your calendar DICE, I'm officially interested.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Frenck said:
At least explain what is supposed to be so amazing about this

I guess you're missing it than... what's not amazing about that trailer? All individual animations, with all those explosions? And it all looked smooth? That being said it's in shitty quality, yet it still looked good? It's not the render, but it still has a year left.

Man, that scene with the helghasts in front of the sunshine in the afternoon... that reminds me of the good ol´sci-fi movies... so awesome!

Frenck said:

The weight of the characters and the animation is just staggering. Having that kind of interaction with the guys around you is going to go a long way in immersing you in the game.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Frenck said:

killzone-grab.gif

You will never get enjoyment out of life.

Mirror's Edge hype + 9000. Looks just as good in motion as the screens so far. 2009 looks like it'll be yet another amazing year for gaming.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Mirrors edge had some great music... very smooth looking, and the environments looked clean. BUT the enemy encounters look awful, and some of the animations where she pulls he self up just feel off. Not trying to hate, looks really promising, but anythign with the name EA on it makes me think twice.

Soroc

Animations were always awesome since the first big unveil of Killzone 2. Personally that first daylight shot didn't sit too well with me at first. But the more I look at it the more I think it really does still look great.

The character models are top notch and the environment is pretty big with lots of little details strewn throughout. It definitely is still missing that bit of polish but hey its still early they got plenty of time.

Datrio

Okay, am I getting this right? The MGS4 bundle is a NORMAL 40GB console with the game? No gunmetal color, no extra controllers, nothing?

I'm buying a PS3 tomorrow

batbeg

msdstc said:
Mirrors edge had some great music... very smooth looking, and the environments looked clean. BUT the enemy encounters look awful, and some of the animations where she pulls he self up just feel off. Not trying to hate, looks really promising, but anythign with the name EA on it makes me think twice.

Thank you. I thought I was the only one who didn't think it was everything and a bag of chips. I'm still definitely interested in it though, but I hope it's platforming is more challenging and less, er, Assassin's Creed-ey.

slider

God bless you viralmarketer.

EDIT: Fuck yeah. If you take nothing else from the footage take the atmosphere (and Ted's weirded out voice). Pretty cool.

The Chef

Frenck said:

killzone-grab.gif

Hidden significance to the storyline? o_O

Top Bottom