• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 App Live on PS4, Download Now

Anyone have any good ideas on what to do if i want to watch the Sony stream the morning after? As it will be 2AM here in UK

I would like to watch it the following day and avoid running into spoilers as it will make for a much more enjoyable experience when watching the Sony conference

I remember last year there was a spoiler free E3 thread here, if that happens again i suppose that will be the best option but if that does not happen what do you all suggest?

There's already a spoiler free thread this year.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=831274

Tratorn

Man, why do they forget EU every time? Just say the prices are for US only, I don't care about that but I would like a damn native app. Hopefully at least the IGN-App will work fine...

Would be cool if they "unlock" HD trailers or extended gameplay footage as the show progresses.
Like, they just premiered a cool looking game? Here, you can watch the trailer for it again and in higher quality than in the stream w/o the audio from the audience nor random camera angles. (or if you missed it / stream was buffering)
Don't have to rely on the gaming media to do it and it could be faster.

Endo Punk

Guess I gotta watch it through the ign app. I was wondering will I be able to watch MS and other keynotes through the PS ign app?

Overboost

Would be cool if they "unlock" HD trailers or extended gameplay footage as the show progresses.
Like, they just premiered a cool looking game? Here, you can watch the trailer for it again and in higher quality than in the stream w/o the audio from the audience nor random camera angles.
Stay tuned. ;)

Steroyd

Anyone have any good ideas on what to do if i want to watch the Sony stream the morning after? As it will be 2AM here in UK

I would like to watch it the following day and avoid running into spoilers as it will make for a much more enjoyable experience when watching the Sony conference

I remember last year there was a spoiler free E3 thread here, if that happens again i suppose that will be the best option but if that does not happen what do you all suggest?

Sony normally releases the conference on the PSN store for download, wether it's in a timely manner for you is another matter.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
Hmmm, will download using US account if it works from EU too. If not, backup streams from everywhere.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm VIP now :p

BpePEbTIgAA2ZYx.jpg:orig

fasTRapid

Banned
Could this guy talk any faster?

I like it. Will download as soon as I turn on my PS4.

This might sound dumb but is this Sony's E3 app...in that you cant watch the MS presser or is this a general e3 app?
You can watch all E3 coverage of IGN, including all pressers, through the IGN PS4 app. This Sony E3 app only allows you to watch Sony's presser, as well as some extended footage on June 10th, just like the video explains it.
:p

Stay tuned. ;)
What do you know? o0

Hoo-doo

Banned
Great trailer.

Somehow I don't think they's be hyping this E3 conference up like this if they had nothing to show.
With this and the theater viewing parties, they seem to want to have as many eyes on them as humanly possible.

Oh shit the app is presented by Toro!
HYPE

Edit
Wait, did SCEA even ever use him in anything before?!
Could mean the app will be released in all PSN stores though (seems to work fine using a fake US account though)

TyrantII

Man its not a good sign when the official E3 Playstation app isn't even on the Vita :(

Guess I'll check this out though.

Probably because its just a mini-app / html5 front. Can't remember the scripting language PS4 menu uses, but its much less heavy than making a real app / program.

TheJLC

Oh shit the app is presented by Toro!
HYPE

Edit
Wait, did SCEA even ever use him in anything before?!
Could mean the app will be released in all PSN stores though (seems to work fine using a fake US account though)

Toro has made multiple appearances with SCEA at E3 related stuff. (PlayStation Home content, E3 pics, E3 dashboard banners, etc...)

Outside of E3, nope.

Ok once downloaded from the US Store the app becomes available for all PSN accounts, I can use it with my normal EU PSN account.
(commericals etc. are still for US though, so maybe there will be localized versions).
edit:
Things.
Don't get your hopes up. It's US-only (not even Canada, sorry!) but any US PSN account will have access to it, correct. Plenty more to come on June 9th.
ok, but still at least you can access it with any non-US account, just need one for downloading

Some screens:

iN6tRRo.jpg

846fqoJ.jpg

RcS9EUE.jpg

dOS8Ri0.jpg

Toro has made multiple appearances with SCEA at E3 related stuff. (PlayStation Home content, E3 pics, E3 dashboard banners, etc...)

Outside of E3, nope.
really? can't remember apart from Home. This app's introduction feels very much like the Mainichi Issho app on PS3 haha :D

RytGear

Anybody know of a good place to watch the stream after it is broadcast? I won't be able to watch it live but I also dont want to be spoiled of any surprises, does anyone know of such a mystical place?

but... will the stream crap out, that is the question. Would love to watch this on my plasma, but am concerned the PS4's wireless connection will not provide as solid of performance as my wired desktop....

Overboost

but... will the stream crap out, that is the question. Would love to watch this on my plasma, but am concerned the PS4's wireless connection will not provide as solid of performance as my wired desktop....

Regardless of where you watch it, you'll want to have the app open during/after the conference.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Looks like they dumped their annual E3 zone in Home and shifted those resources to a dedicated PS4 app. Sweet!

Man, why do they forget EU every time? Just say the prices are for US only, I don't care about that but I would like a damn native app. Hopefully at least the IGN-App will work fine...
The stream probably wont be region locked so just use a US account to download the app and ignore the US promo codes.

Guess I gotta watch it through the ign app. I was wondering will I be able to watch MS and other keynotes through the PS ign app?
Pretty sure IGN will carry everything and Twitch works on the browser so you could switch over to the Gamespot, Giantbomb, or any of the other streams broadcasting on Twitch.

Anybody know of a good place to watch the stream after it is broadcast? I won't be able to watch it live but I also dont want to be spoiled of any surprises, does anyone know of such a mystical place?

You'll be able to stream it using the official app after the event. It'll probably also be available via the IGN app and Twitch archives.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Am I correct that the app doesn't do anything yet? It only lets me look away each section at a glance.
Correct. The conference stream unlocks Monday while everything else is Tuesday afternoon.

I just downloaded the app, but I can’t seem to access the different areas.

We wanted to ensure that our fans had enough time to install the app before our E3 press conference, so there will be a period of time where you won’t be able to interact with the sections in the app. The press conference area will open on June 9th at 5:45pm PDT so you can watch our live broadcast, and the rest of the booth sections will open up on June 10th at 12pm PDT.

http://community.us.playstation.com...Official-FAQ-E3-2014-App-on-PS4/td-p/43710130

Melchiah

The app is US only

FTS. I'm tired of Sony pampering the US customers with 10$ free PSN credit, free Infamous soundtrack, and now this, while leaving the European customers high and dry.

Top Bottom