• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 9: F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Formless

The best way to find out is to find a video from the showfloor or invitational or BB of Mario's bair in a similar situation.

ionitron

1402862860-harroakharr2.gif

...-begins to say something-
-marvels-

This is one of the best Gifs I've ever seen. Unbelievable.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
That Mario bair to tilt is from the roundtable. Maybe a different build? Sonic seems to lag after his dair attack, but that one's also a divekick.

EDIT: Gonzales, there's lots of footage showing lag after for example Marth's aerials miss. I'm thinking that the builds are different or they're clearly still playing around with values.

Yeah, Pac Man Build seem to be very recently, so I'm pretty sure that there are some values that have been changed. I'm very curious with the final changes.

That Mario bair to tilt is from the roundtable. Maybe a different build? Sonic seems to lag after his dair attack, but that one's also a divekick.

EDIT: Gonzales, there's lots of footage showing lag after for example Marth's aerials miss. I'm thinking that the builds are different or they're clearly still playing around with values.

Yeah, it was a pretty silly idea anyway. I suppose "it's the demo version" is the best answer we've got at this point.

It's still weird that Mario seems to have absolutely no lag whatsoever in that gif, and in the video JoeInky posted. Do we know of any other moves that act like that?

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Rhythm Heaven and Ice Climbers are pretty sure thing to be in the game but my list are for playable contents tho.

List of Franchises that are confirmed to be in Smash Bros 4

1. Super Smash Bros.
  2. Super Mario Bros.
  3. Legend of Zelda
  4. Pokemon
  5. Donkey Kong Country
  6. Metroid
  7. Kirby
  8. Star Fox
  9. Yoshi Island
  10. F-Zero
  11. Mother
  12. Panel de Pon
  13. Fire Emblem
  14. Balloon Fight
  15. Super Scope 6
  16. Kid Icarus
  17. WarioWare Inc.
  18. Pikmin
  19. Animal Crossing
  20. Mario Kart
  21. Nintendog
  22. Sin & Punishment
  23. SimCity
  24. Devil World
  25. Legend of Stafy
  26. Clu Clu Land
  27. Punch-Out
  28. Wii Fit
  29. Mii
  30. Steel Diver
  31. Find Mii /StreetPass Quest
  32. Tomodachi Collection
  33. Pilotwings
  34. Color TV-Game 15
  35. Dillion's Rolling Western
  36. Sonic
  37. Mega Man
  38. Pac Man
  39. Rally X
  40. Galaga
  41. Mappy
  42. Dig-Dug
  43. Xevious

43 different franchises so far which is pretty amazing! :)

mrhej

Alright just saw Conan's video for Smash Bros Wii U. So good, and even he can tell that The Villager looks like a murderer.

Vyse24

So what are everyone's thoughts about the whole Dark Pit thing in the Palutena reveal?

I'm pretty sure that's a sign he'll be either a boss character in Palutena's Temple, or the KI assist trophy. Honestly think it's the latter more than the former.

NeonZ

So what are everyone's thoughts about the whole Dark Pit thing in the Palutena reveal?

Alternate costume with its own name, voice set and color set, even though the model itself isn't any different from Pit's. I don't think a boss makes sense considering how small he is, and also the size of the stage.

I guess there's a chance he could be an unlockable character, but that'd be a very bad choice, even if he uses other weapons from KI Uprising (He'd need to have the bow anyway).

JoeInky

Well, it could turn into wavedash, but it's very situational tho. (I think it was in MVC3 right?)

A wavedash is where you jump in the air and then instantly dodge towards the ground to slide along the floor which isn't possible with brawl/smash 4 air dodging.

Crouch cancelled dashing is where you stop a normal dash by crouching, allowing you to use your tilt or smash attacks without having to do a dash attack which are usually terribly unsafe.

This whole deal with the lag is very confusing. Some aerial attacks have an outrageous amount of lag while others have none at all? That doesn't make any sense. Maybe when an aerial misses (like Mario's back air in that gif) get no landing lag so you don't get taken to the cleaners just for missing, but you do get lag when you connect so your opponent has an opportunity to fight back before he gets trapped in a huge combo?

...not that that makes much sense, either.
Well, the game isn't finished, but what if it's just Down B/A's that have the landing lag? Perhaps they're supposed to be "meteor" type attacks that were much more prominent in the first game (64). For some characters they may be so powerful that their use in the air warrants landing lag.

Bleep

I've read that you can cancel dashes into tilts/smashes during the pivot animation, but can you tilt/smash in the direction of your original run? So for example, can you dash right, pivot left then do a tilt to the right?

ionitron

Yeah lol what the hell was up with that?

Also thinking stage boss, but I hope that doesn't mean he won't be a skin (that'll just be silly, but, since he's his own character, I dunno).

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You crouch to stop your dash.

Crouch-cancelling is in Melee. And doesn't have anything to do with wavedashing.

I'm aware of that but I'm not sure why shaowebb thought crouch-cancelling = wave dashing, unless Bowser's CC is similar to marvel vs capcom 3's CC.

JoeInky

I've read that you can cancel dashes into tilts/smashes during the pivot animation, but can you tilt/smash in the direction of your original run? So for example, can you dash right, pivot left then do a tilt to the right?

You can only do a pivot tilt/smash in the opposite direction, which means it's only helpful for doing retreating attacks and making the game more defensive.

Well, the game isn't finished, but what if it's just Down B/A's that have the landing lag? Perhaps they're supposed to be "meteor" type attacks that were much more prominent in the first game (64). For some characters they may be so powerful that their use in the air warrants landing lag.

Not all the Dair's so far are meteors, Pacman's is just a normal multihit move similar to lucas' Dair.

JoeInky

Just looked up what MvC3 crouch cancelled wave dashing was like, crouch cancelling in the smash series is completely different and doesn't offer any movement bonus, it just lets you stop dashing instantly so you can use a tilt or smash attack instead of your dash attack.

Alternate costume with its own name, voice set and color set, even though the model itself isn't any different from Pit's. I don't think a boss makes sense considering how small he is, and also the size of the stage.

I guess there's a chance he could be an unlockable character, but that'd be a very bad choice, even if he uses other weapons from KI Uprising (He'd need to have the bow anyway).

Could lead nicely into different character alts, such as Lucina. Here's hoping.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Just looked up what MvC3 crouch cancelled wave dashing was like, crouch cancelling in the smash series is completely different and doesn't offer any movement bonus, it just lets you stop dashing instantly so you can use a tilt or smash attack instead of your dash attack.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I always used crouch cancelled into smash moves depend on the character. It's completely different than MVC3's CC.

Not all the Dair's so far are meteors, Pacman's is just a normal multihit move similar to lucas' Dair.
Does there seem to be any consistent reason why they're doing this? I really think it may be that they just aren't finished with the balance. It's like they were in the middle of balancing and said "fuck, we've gotta make the E3 demo!" It could even be something as simple as them leaving the lag in because they want to observe the animation frames for the characters to make sure they look right. Some lag is like half a second, which is getting into outrageous territory. I doubt Sakurai would leave that in, especially when he's says he wants to make the game faster than Brawl.

JoeInky

Does there seem to be any consistent reason why they're doing this? I really think it may be that they just aren't finished with the balance. It's like they were in the middle of balancing and said "fuck, we've gotta make the E3 demo!" It could even be something as simple as them leaving the lag in because they want to observe the animation frames for the characters to make sure they look right. Some lag is like half a second, which is getting into outrageous territory. I doubt Sakurai would leave that in, especially when he's says he wants to make the game faster than Brawl.

For now, it's really hard to tell what's going to happen because there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it all.

Especially with stuff like bowser being able to crouch cancel dashes but nobody else, that means they've specifically programmed bowser to be able to do it rather than it being a feature of the engine when anyone enters a dash state.

Shit's weird yo.

Cody_D165

Banned
I'm pretty sure that's a sign he'll be either a boss character in Palutena's Temple, or the KI assist trophy. Honestly think it's the latter more than the former.

KI already has Magnus and Phosphora as assist trophies. I think he'll be a boss character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom