• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny beta on Xbox One will not be running at 1080p, will reach 1080p by launch

Hip Hop

Did a search and did not come up with anything.

"Bungie has confirmed just now in the IGN live stream that the Destiny beta on Xbox One will not be running at 1080p. The game itself at launch will reach 1080p. Bungie’s Community Manager said that ‘there’s always time for improvement.’"

http://thedestinyblog.com/2014/07/1...-running-at-1080p-will-reach-1080p-by-launch/

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/07/16/ign-live-presents-destiny-beta

IGN has stated that next week, before the Xbox beta starts, they will be debuting the first ever Xbox One footage of the game. The Xbox One footage of the game will be running at 1080p, but the beta will not be running at the footage quality.

shandy706

Don't care, just make the frame-rate smooth.

Locked frame-rate is what matters, 1080p hitching is worthless in a shooter.

ethomaz

Banned
"The game itself at launch will reach 1080p"

Seems like magically the game will reach 1080p without new code.

j/k

Don't care, just make the frame-rate smooth.

That's what matters in a shooter.

About that...

gameclip_by_gavinuk86-d7q9zgp.gif

edit: this is/was the Xbone version

MoeB

They should bundle the 1080p with the limited edition. At least you'll end up getting something that's worth the extra buck.

hodgy100

"The game itself at launch will reach 1080p"

Seems like magically the game will reach 1080p without new code.

j/k

You realise that the beta build is likely a month or two old? And the game hasn't gone gold yet. There's plenty of time to improve the framerate. This of course assumes they don't have a shit tonne of bugs to fix.

Thanks to Gamestop I'll be buying this digitally day 1 on the XB1 regardless.

There's only one thing I'm more hyped about than the game itself.
Getting it for free!

TrueGrime

You realise that the beta build is likely a month or two old? And the game hasn't gone gold yet. There's plenty of time to improve the framerate. This of course assumes they don't have a shit tonne of bugs to fix.

Four days with the beta. I will not rule out that this game might be a trainwreck on XB1.

malfcn

It's a beta. With that said, I'm all for solid frames. Will it be 1080p by gold, or will it be a day one patch?

ethomaz

Banned
You don't get the joke about what he said seems like the game itself will reach 1080p like the game have life and will optimize itself to reach 1080p... no dev optimizations required.

Just the way it wrote ;) I understood what he said that is why I put "j/k" at the end.

Nephtes

Does the beta use the Xbox One June SDK or not is the question.

the other question is...does Xbox One get the Digital Guardian Edition or not? Why does no one know the answer to that?

Did this really need its own thread? There are already 4 active threads on this game...

Yes it did. New news, new thread.

Will be interesting to see if they ate able to get it to 1080p. Game looks great though. Hope owners of both consoles get the best experience possible.

I'm not at all surprised. The beta build that we're all set to receive is most likely a few weeks old at least.

Beta tests are never to test the product in its current iteration, but to look for older problems that the devs may have missed in their current builds.

Rocketz

Well just read the destiny blog post...
IGN has stated that next week, before the Xbox beta starts, they will be debuting the first ever Xbox One footage of the game. The Xbox One footage of the game will be running at 1080p, but the beta will not be running at the footage quality.

Krakn3Dfx

I feel like they shouldn't be making any promises for launch if there's a chance dialing it back to 900p to provide a smoother experience would work better.

Developers acknowledging these kinds of things just sets a bad precedent for games that will fall short graphically or performance wise just to meet some imaginary standard that the internet says is the minimum.

OneUh8

Despite this awesome thread, I fully expect it to hit 1080p by release on the one. But I have a ps4 to not worry about those things.

J/k

commedieu

Banned
Retail wont be 1080p. And they know that, we all know this. Nothing wrong with just moving forward with the Xbone's less powerful hardware, and optimizing at 900p and what not for visually demanding games that the PS4/PC can run. The politics around 1080p is a self made joke that only Microsoft is participating in at this point.

Beta for a 900p game, is fundamentally different than the load that the 1080p beta would be gpu/cpu wise. I mean, they can't have it both ways.

Top Bottom