• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
my son is starting his car passion early

10541045_755289574493733_2355525660551221423_n.jpg

p3tran

Banned
Kinda lttp but I just picked this up and man is the online multiplayer FUBAR.

My typical race online.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyUYQlvlBs4

so, would you prefer ...sticky car "(non)physics" instead of trying to play in a civilized manner?
luckily for everyone, there are other games for that ..thing.
good racing needs control & discipline as much from you as from the other players.

you will find lobbies where discipline exists, as long as you can be yourself disciplined.
I play online too. It takes me maybe two races to find a lobby with disciplined players.
I am level 850, and in my races I see disciplined players with level below 100, as well as players that have leveled up to like 3000 or even more. you surely dont think that somebody that has spend 500 or 1000 hours drives like in your videos, right? :D
once the lobby is clean of out-of-touch players, occasionally we see the paratrooper dropping in that will try the stupid things, but these people will last in a serious lobby only one race, and most times they quit before race ends.

again, (*note to all developers*) borking the car physics is the WRONG thing to do here.
so dont do it. never! :)

and a special note to turn 10 developers: had forza 5 had the ability to create user open lobbies with searchable description, this mix of players would not be a thing. :)

m23

Kinda lttp but I just picked this up and man is the online multiplayer FUBAR.

My typical race online.....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyUYQlvlBs4

You run into these kinds of people every once in a while, well, maybe more often. I find the game really fun regardless, avoiding huge crashes is so exciting. Here's an example from yesterday: http://xboxclips.com/video.php?uid=2533274794722700&gamertag=Munish%20Thiara&vid=c333274f-07e6-463c-84f0-3e7d81119df3

I didn't completely avoid it, but got out safe for the most part.

Jube3

Quick update on this livery, I ported it over to the Bugatti Veyron SS, Aston Martin Zagato and the Lamorghini Miuira in case anyone wanted it but not on a van. The livery is a bit different to fit on the smaller cars. I have a final raccoon paint coming that has an alt uniform (blue with red stripes).

shinnn

Is the Thrustmaster TX reliable? There's a lot of negative reviews on Amazon and just 3 stars on newegg. Is it a problem with early units?

Mascot

Quick update on this livery, I ported it over to the Bugatti Veyron SS, Aston Martin Zagato and the Lamorghini Miuira in case anyone wanted it but not on a van. The livery is a bit different to fit on the smaller cars. I have a final raccoon paint coming that has an alt uniform (blue with red stripes).

Incredible.

Is the Thrustmaster TX reliable? There's a lot of negative reviews on Amazon and just 3 stars on newegg. Is it a problem with early units?

The first batch either had some issues, or people weren't updating the firmware correctly before the first use (Its in bold multiple times in the instructions). Had it since January with 0 issues.

p3tran

Banned
I have one since quite some time.
its good, no problems, and the only precaution I take with it is pull the plug out from lectricity socket when I'm not using it.
I did read the other day though a thread on a forza forum where a tx croaked and thrustmaster refuses to honor the warranty.
look it up for further news on this particular subject before you proceed to buy one.

Has anyone given any thought to adding some form of "handicapping" to our league races? Maybe in the next series? Either give the lower placed players some extra PI or take some away from the higher place players. Most racing leagues use some form of that to keep the racing close, so it could work for us. Might make it more entertaining for those people who are always either alone at the front or the back.

Has anyone given any thought to adding some form of "handicapping" to our league races? Maybe in the next series? Either give the lower placed players some extra PI or take some away from the higher place players. Most racing leagues use some form of that to keep the racing close, so it could work for us. Might make it more entertaining for those people who are always either alone at the front or the back.

No..............................unless it means I can use another car instead of this piece of shit

Megasoum

Banned
Woot, I got my TX this morning!!!

...Now I only need the XB1 and FM5! lol. I wanted the steering for my PC too so it will keep me occupied until I can afford the rest of the stuff.

Have they said anything about why most of the fictional tracks are gone in 5? Is it just because they wanted all their tracks to be laser scanned? Not that it really make sense for a fictional track of course.

I was replaying FM4 the other day and Forza really has the best fiction tracks. Maple Valley, Sonoma and Camino are amazing. I remember, before FM3 came out, when people here and on the official forums finally figured out through the different hints that the 3 Camino circuits were actually one giant tracks. Such a cool concept.

frontieruk

Sarbear not sure how much effort you've put into your lap times for this week's race, but you're losing around a second overall going through turns 2 + 4.

You probably know this but I thought I'd mention it...

SarBear

Sarbear not sure how much effort you've put into your lap times for this week's race, but you're losing around a second overall going through turns 2 + 4.

You probably know this but I thought I'd mention it...

Not much effort at all. lol

Edit: I usually don't practice until Saturday. Otherwise I take it too seriously.

frontieruk

Not much effort at all. lol

Edit: I usually don't practice until Saturday. Otherwise I take it too seriously.

I didn't think so, as I managed to keep up with your ghost...

But you are slow through those corners.

I lose time in the long sweeper, so will be working on that.

New firmware released for the TX.

TX Racing Wheel: New firmware “V47” now available
Changes implemented in Firmware V47:
- Added compatibility with the “TH8A SHIFTER”.
- Added the “WHEEL SENSITIVITY ADJUST” feature which, on Xbox One™, enables players to adjust the wheel's sensitivity level according to the selected rotation angle; 4 sensitivity levels are available.
- Added the “AUTO-CLUTCH” feature which, in some games for Xbox One™, enables players to select the “manual gear shift with clutch” option, even if they don't have a clutch pedal.
- Added the “CENTER VALUE ADJUST” feature, which enables users to reconfigure the wheel's preset center value.
- Optimized compatibility with the “FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE WHEEL Add-On” in games for Xbox One™ and PC.
- Optimized compatibility with the “FERRARI F1 WHEEL Add-On" in games for Xbox One™ and PC.
- Optimized “Xbox One™ protocol”.
Full details here:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=367&cid=15

New firmware released for the TX.

TX Racing Wheel: New firmware “V47” now available
Changes implemented in Firmware V47:
- Added compatibility with the “TH8A SHIFTER”.
- Added the “WHEEL SENSITIVITY ADJUST” feature which, on Xbox One™, enables players to adjust the wheel's sensitivity level according to the selected rotation angle; 4 sensitivity levels are available.
- Added the “AUTO-CLUTCH” feature which, in some games for Xbox One™, enables players to select the “manual gear shift with clutch” option, even if they don't have a clutch pedal.
- Added the “CENTER VALUE ADJUST” feature, which enables users to reconfigure the wheel's preset center value.
- Optimized compatibility with the “FERRARI 458 CHALLENGE WHEEL Add-On” in games for Xbox One™ and PC.
- Optimized compatibility with the “FERRARI F1 WHEEL Add-On" in games for Xbox One™ and PC.
- Optimized “Xbox One™ protocol”.
Full details here:
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=367&cid=15

Did this last night, was hoping my old fanatec shiter would work LOL................ :(

I heard some people had issues with their CPX adapter after updating,any issues on your end?

P.S. The link for the drivers was kind of a hassle to find on the firmware page

oh shit, I never thought about the CPX. Only just finished updating it.

What happened with the shifter, does it pick up anything up?

Pedals seem to work fine in Forza so the CPX should be alright.

edit: The auto clutch feature doesn't seem to work with the adapter. The clutch is acting as the gas pedal.

scrub that I think the mode button just flips them around. I dunno what the hell I'm doing.

oh shit, I never thought about the CPX. Only just finished updating it.

What happened with the shifter, does it pick up anything up?

Some people say they had to restart their Xbox ones to get the cpx working again, although some had no issues.

The shifter didn't register in game. When hooked up to the PC after the update, going into the settings didn't even show any sort of shifter settings, only for the gas, brake, clutch, and the FFB settings.

Yeah auto clutch does seem to be working, it was my mistake pressing the mode button that switched the pedals around.

Any idea how the other features like sensitivity adjustment work?

p3tran

Banned
very nice, thanks for the heads-up, will update the wheel later today
auto(manual)-clutch is a very good addition for forza5, as it was impossible for me to use a button on the wheel for clutch.
and about the other improvements we will see if they are noticeable.

Yeah it's synced to the paddle press and for those without a clutch pedal it allows a more level playing field with pad players as p3tran says using the clutch button is a bitch.

Yeah it's synced to the paddle press and for those without a clutch pedal it allows a more level playing field with pad players as p3tran says using the clutch button is a bitch.

I tried it for exactly 30 seconds and said NOPE.

I wonder if Mr Basher will be able to figure out a fanatec shifter solution now since its now unlocked.

I still haven't got a CPX adapter and he now has a system to pre order them, but I'm conflicted.

I don't know if I want to invest in all these damn dongles hanging off my rig or go whole hog into the new ecosystem.

I'm getting rid of the Porsche wheel eventually(i.e. stop procrastinating), but I don't know if I'm willing to loose my club sports..........

#FIRSTWORLDROBLEMS

Megasoum

Banned
Hey guys, quick question.

I'm looking into buying the game soon and looking at my options, I could still buy the LCE on Amazon but it would be 3 times the price of the regular edition.

From what I can see the only stuff more you get is the vip stuff and the LCE pack. Are those packs available seperatly on the store? I know the VIP upgrade was available for FM3 and 4.

Also if I were to buy the normal edition used what would I be missing? There's vouchers in the normal edition too?

Pretty sure you can buy the VIP pack, iirc the LCE only gave me tuned versions of the Focus, P1 and something else. You aren't missing much.

soundscream do you notice any difference in the force feedback of the new firmware? don't know if it was the car, tune or not having played for a while but it felt stronger.

The centering force is still missing making RWD cars feel loose and twitchy around the centre and the initial turn-in unsatisfying/disconnected (XID or T10 issue?) but what's there just felt a bit better.

Pretty sure you can buy the VIP pack, iirc the LCE only gave me tuned versions of the Focus, P1 and something else. You aren't missing much.

soundscream do you notice any difference in the force feedback of the new firmware? don't know if it was the car, tune or not having played for a while but it felt stronger.

The centering force is still missing making RWD cars feel loose and twitchy around the centre and the initial turn-in unsatisfying/disconnected (XID or T10 issue?) but what's there just felt a bit better.

After updating I took some laps in my 2005 BMW M3 I was using the other day to beat a friend in rivals mode the other day. Felt pretty much the same but I play with 50% FFB so I cant say if I would notice an increase, because you play at 100% if memory serves me right.

Yeah, it could just be me having taken a break.

Nice to play again, I forget how well most of the cars handle, not totally convinced by many of the race class car's grip but it could just be the way the ffb works.

Megasoum

Banned
So are those LCE carpack cars really exclusive to the LCE?

There's no way to get the cover car if you don't buy the LCE edition??

So are those LCE carpack cars really exclusive to the LCE?

There's no way to get the cover car if you don't buy the LCE edition??

* The cars featured in the Limited Edition Car Pack and the Day One Edition Car Pack of Forza Motorsport 5 have been customized with unique Xbox One liveries and feature custom tunes designed by the developers at Turn 10 to improve performance above their stock counterparts. The stock versions of these cars will also be available on disc in Forza Motorsport 5.

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm5_le_announce

Devildoll

Roll call for Sunday please - who can/can't make it?

Since Ti 4's main event is this whole weekend, i might be spending the whole weekend at a pals house just watching every game.

Depending on the schedules, i might run home just for the race, but that's a big "might".

Omni

Hey guys, quick question. If I buy Forza 5 today, how many GB of updates will I have to download?

(Just got my Xbone yesterday)

Top Bottom