• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Navid

I kinda need a countdowner for all conferences.
Microsoft Press Event: 12 Aug - 2PM CET // 1PM BST // 5AM PDT // 8AM EDT
bla_1407844800.png

Sony Press Event: 12 Aug - 7PM CET // 6PM BST // 10AM PDT // 1PM EDT
bla_1407862800.png

EA Press Event: 13 Aug - 10AM CET // 9AM BST // 1AM PDT // 4AM EDT
bla_1407916800.png

Correct me if I got any of them wrong...

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Tuesday will be good. I am not expecting new announcement but more info on the announced game will do it for me.

I think their E3 conference was meant to be 2 hours long, but was only ~ 1 hour. I remember the Giant Bomb guys being surprised that it ended after that corny little pyro display.

I suppose EA meant "It'll be one hour, but it'll feel like two."

I think Jeff said that the 2nd hour was to let people play Battlefield Hardline for an hour. Maybe they will do the same at gamescom but i don't know if i can take more conceptual prototypes for an hour.

Aces&Eights

I can't wait to hear what the average person thinks of Bloodborne. I can read impressions all day, but it's hard to distinguish between what an average person thinks vs. someone who's paid to like games.

Yeah, problem is most people who play at these conferences suck. I'd almost rather not see footage than watch Nick from some unknown blog fumble and bumble his way through half a level wasting all his ammo on rocks and moving his avatar around like a drunken sailor.

GeoramA

EA conferences are the worst.

Their E3 conference was hilarious. Just a bunch of developer diaries shown, but it nice to see Jack Tretton grilling them right after.

EA delayed #Hardline so that they can reveal even more #Hardline gameplay for the coming events!
We will see it at their Gamescom conference, Sony's conference, MS conference, heck they'll even bring it to TGS and the VGX

#Hardline Everywhere!

That Bloodborne hour long press session will really be a hour long footage of #Hardline!

Don't love it press... find it unfair?
Well who cares here is even more #Hardline! *Lots of orange smoke and lights

EA delayed #Hardline so that they can reveal even more #Hardline gameplay for the coming events!
We will see it at their Gamescom conference, Sony's conference, MS conference, heck they'll even bring it to TGS and the VGX

#Hardline Everywhere!

That Bloodborne hour long press session will really be a hour long footage of #Hardline!

Don't love it press... find it unfair?
Well who cares here is even more #Hardline! *Lots of orange smoke and lights

Is Hardline the new BF right?

So it's delayed til when?

Sorry that was a terrible joke.

I am not familiar actually with previous titles of the devs of LBP3? Do they have any pedigree?
On the LBP front, we've worked on LBP Vita and LBP2 Cross-controller. We also have several designers who've worked on the previous LBPs as well. Outside of that... Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic All-Stars Racing, Outrun Arcade, working on 360 Forza Horizon 2, Super Rub A Dub... etc.

I-hate-u

My hopeful predictions:

Bloodborne blowout
Playstation vs Capcom, developed by Capcom
Tekken 7 trailer
Playstation Bend's game
Media Molecule's game
SCEJ surprise
Indie
More Indie
Third Party segment filled with Rockstar,Activision, EA and Ubi.
Vit- haha no.

My hopeful predictions:

Bloodborne blowout
Tekken 7 trailer
Playstation Bend's game
Media Molecule's game
SCEJ surprise
Indie
More Indie

everything on that list seems plausible but that bolded

I wish... I really do ;_;

early 2015

I say it will be overshadowed by the juggernauts in February

March 2015, IIRC. And unlike BF4 which was released in Alpha, Hardline will be released in Beta.

Thanks guys I've just switched from my phone to laptop so I could have found this info my self just too lazy :)

Apparently sales of Battlefield are declining and EA looking for more quality. Less short-term rush development profits and more long-term quality product philosophy. They should have realised this years ago.

http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...-delay-battlefield-hardline-and-dragon-a.aspx

On the LBP front, we've worked on LBP Vita and LBP2 Cross-controller. We also have several designers who've worked on the previous LBPs as well. Outside of that... Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed, Sonic All-Stars Racing, Outrun Arcade, working on 360 Forza Horizon 2, Super Rub A Dub... etc.

Cool thanks, you certainly do have pedigree. Good luck, I really hope the game sells well.

I-hate-u

everything on that list seems plausible but that bolded

I wish... I really do ;_;

IIRC, Capcom has an unannounced PS4 title being produced by Ono. I am guessing Niitsuma and his Marvel team have to be doing something, so it might be that.

Or I could be wrong and it could be a Capcom all stars, which is also welcome.

My hopeful predictions:

Bloodborne blowout
Tekken 7 trailer
Playstation Bend's game
Media Molecule's game
SCEJ surprise
Indie
More Indie
Vit- haha no.

Ono VS Yosp

Bandai Namco develops a Pre Order bonus character which is revealed to be Harada.

ascii42

Sorry that was a terrible joke.

I am not familiar actually with previous titles of the devs of LBP3? Do they have any pedigree?
Outrun 2 and Sega All-Stars Racing are what I mostly know them for, but they've also done some stuff for LBP before. They did the cross controller pack.

IIRC, Capcom has an unannounced PS4 title being produced by Ono. I am guessing Niitsuma and his Marvel team have to be doing something, so it might be that.

Or I could be wrong and it could be a Capcom all stars, which is also welcome.

I think that game will likely me a multiplat
the reason for him saying PS4 was likely due to the way the question was structured

Edit: It was on his Linkedln not a interview question... never mind

Faustek

soon...sooon!

Here's to me hoping Sony doesn't fuck it up and throw in some stupid ass Tv series(no matter how rad the comic was) and ignore the Vita.

Seriously!

What I want.
Bloodborne
Bloodborne
Bloodborne
No Mans Sky
Media Molecule
Type-0 on Vita, we know you want it.
Oreshika
Freedom Wars
Dragon fin Soup
All the third parties that are actually keeping the Vita alive.
Sony Playstation Vita TV
Roadmap for updates
PS1/2 local emulation that is actually Region Free.
Vita multiple account support.
Ps Now
Fixing of the online Store.

I know I'm a dreamer, at most we'll probably see a 2-3 minute reel of something related to Vita and I'll still smile happily when I see Shahid take the stage, the only wizard I trust, and then sadly nod when I realise that most of his efforts have been redirected to PS4, which isn't wrong but the Vita will be in third hand :(

Bah...the game is supposedly out within the first half of 2015, I wonder why they want to show it this late

They may change their schedule, but when it was announced they said fall

We can’t wait to show you more from both the game and the movie. Expect to catch your first glimpse of the PS4 Ratchet & Clank game this fall – follow us on our social channels below to learn more.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/06/09/ratchet-clank-announced-for-ps4/

I guess it could pop up at TGS. Other than that i'm not sure where else they'd show it. There really aren't any games that they're releasing this fall that would match well with it in terms of including a trailer with it. And there aren't any other major shows after TGS.

My final thoughts on what is going down at Gamescom. How long is the conference? That will tell us alot. 90 minutes - 120 minutes means lotso live game demonstrations.

1.) Bloodborne live demonstration on stage, different area then behind the scenes at E3. Ends with boss fight tease ala initial leaked trailer.

2.) Rime live gameplay on stage, or long 3-5 minute trailer.

3.) The Witness showcase by Blow.

4.) New Uncharted 4 teaser trailer, again all in-engine

5.) Media Molecule new project reveal and live demonstration

6.) Guerilla Games new IP reveal and teaser video, in-game engine

7.) Ultra Street Fighter 4 announcement

8.) Tekken 7 showcase

9.) LBP3 showcase

10.) GTAV live demo

11.) Destiny RAID demonstration

12.) More DriveClub weather videos

13.) No Mans Sky showcase

I'm guessing a few third party title surprises along the way.

Top Bottom