• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Gamescom 2014 press conference confirmed for August 12

Percy

Banned
That's because the stuff he's leaked here is years off from being announced. Dude is legit.

Are we sure about that? He seems to have spun some tall tales in his time. Didn't he say that FFVII remake was definitely happening and that there'd be a Kingdom Hearts title (Not 3) released on PS4 this year?

Nothing personal against the guy, but big claims like that tend to stick in the memory is all.

Plus... years from even being announced? wtf? That sounds a bit... 'odd'...

Guymelef

What do you guys think the RPG will be ? My money is on a new Wild Arms. Though my heart wants a new The Legend of Dragoon.

This.
QDlkWu6.jpg

Yeah, I'm sure about it.
He was right about FFXIII Versus becoming FFXV, and about KH3 being in development (which wasn't a sure thing at all given how fiercely protective of its IP Disney's gotten, not to mention its own strengthened push into gaming with Disney Infinity).

Maybe he's talking about Final Mix 2.5 coming to PS4. Or maybe an HD collection including 1.5.

But things do get pushed back, so who knows. This little nugget is hilarious in retrospect:

Verendus from May 2013 said:
If you want to go down that route, Sony has lot more than 15 exclusives planned for PS4's first year on the market. You've already seen 4 retail ones. There's another 4 retail exclusives due to be unveiled for year one release. Add in certain third party exclusives on retail, and then various digital exclusives (first party and third party), and you're easily looking at more than double that amount.

Why are you so sure ?

Oh, that was the trademark ? I confused it with Wild Arms. I guess I meant Arc The Lad.

Wild ARMS is the series that a Sony producer said he'd like to work on. Sony has also done some crossover stuff with the series recently with Soul Sacrifice and Toro.

jiggle

waiting on the outcome of his dragon quest prediction

I hope it's a new IP if sceja is gonna tackle AAA RPG
non of their existing IPs seem like a good candidate
even better if they hire matsuno+yoshida to make it

Hexa

He was right about FFXIII Versus becoming FFXV, and about KH3 being in development (which wasn't a sure thing at all given how fiercely protective of its IP Disney's gotten, not to mention its own strengthened push into gaming with Disney Infinity).

Maybe he's talking about Final Mix 2.5 coming to PS4. Or maybe an HD collection including 1.5.

But things do get pushed back, so who knows. This little nugget is hilarious in retrospect:

Was Verendus the insider we went through a discussion on counting Playstation exclusives as PS4 exclusives? If so that sounds true to me technically though somewhat misleading.

I don't think Dargon Quest will be coming out on PS4 anytime soon.

Horii has recently said that he wants to be able to play the next DQ on a big screen (which obviously implies consoles). The only way that the series can really survive on the current console market is to be a multiplatform game. Otherwise it's better off just being a 3DS game.

KyleP29

Originally Posted by Verendus from May 2013

If you want to go down that route, Sony has lot more than 15 exclusives planned for PS4's first year on the market. You've already seen 4 retail ones. There's another 4 retail exclusives due to be unveiled for year one release. Add in certain third party exclusives on retail, and then various digital exclusives (first party and third party), and you're easily looking at more than double that amount.

Which part is hilarious? Actually seems pretty accurate honestly.

4 Retail Exclusives Known
1: Killzone
2: Knack
3: Driveclub
4: Infamous Second Son

4 Retail exclusives to be unveiled for year one
5: MLB: the Show
6: The Order - thought to be a 2014 game when revealed
7: Little Big Planet
8: Santa Monica cancelled game?/Uncharted? - a guess on my end but like The Order there were some who thought it could be holiday 2014

not going to list all the digital exclusives, but i have a feeling it would be safe to assume it would make it to the 15+ exclusive number... probably not the double that claim. But for a prediction in May 2013 i would say that it was mostly spot on minus the delays of a few games.

Samyy

8: Santa Monica cancelled game?/Uncharted? - a guess on my end but like The Order there were some who thought it could be holiday 2014

not going to list all the digital exclusives, but i have a feeling it would be safe to assume it would make it to the 15+ exclusive number... probably not the double that claim. But for a prediction in May 2013 i would say that it was mostly spot on minus the delays of a few games.

I remember someone mentioning that the Santa Monica cancellation left a hole in their fall lineup.

Hexa

Tinfoil
Theory: Someone at Sony realized that it was leaked that SCEJ would be releasing a major JRPG. As it is one based on an old IP, in order to hide which one it is until the last moment, they tried to hint at all of them so any legit hints would get missed.

I guess MLB and LBP count if you interpret it as PS exclusives rather than PS4 exclusives. But the spirit of the post seemed to point more toward the latter.

Are we sure about that? He seems to have spun some tall tales in his time. Didn't he say that FFVII remake was definitely happening and that there'd be a Kingdom Hearts title (Not 3) released on PS4 this year?

Nothing personal against the guy, but big claims like that tend to stick in the memory is all.

Plus... years from even being announced? wtf? That sounds a bit... 'odd'...

What, don't tell me you don't believe the guy who said FF7 remake is coming?

I know its a long shot, but I hope we get some kind of update on Deep Down.

I was hoping that was going to be a 2014 release, but all hope of that seems lost now. Hopefully we can get some news on when that will arrive.

If not here then maybe TGS?

jwk94

So what do you guys want from sonys conference? I just want a gravity rush 2 trailer, ps TV release date, and maybe some uncharted stuff.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
So what's the rumor mill right now? Anyone post anything as a supposed "leak"?

What time will the conference be for us in EST?

Just realized these motherfuckers at work scheduled a meeting to start at 1pm EST Tuesday, when the Sony presser starts. This will be the first big 3 press conference Ive missed watching live in a long time. Dammit!

Samyy

Just realized these motherfuckers at work scheduled a meeting to start at 1pm EST Tuesday, when the Sony presser starts. This will be the first big 3 press conference Ive missed watching live in a long time. Dammit!

I have a day off from work to study for an exam :D
I'll be waking up early and skipping the morning workout to make up the studying I'll be missing during the conference and post-conference gaffing~

So what do you guys want from sonys conference? I just want a gravity rush 2 trailer, ps TV release date, and maybe some uncharted stuff.

i want to see games that focus on actually innovating gameplay. im tired of this cinematic crap, i want sony to make a good multiplayer game for once or a game that introduces something new to a genre like titanfall wall running etc.

they better show some unscripted actual gameplay for the order, uc4 is going to be amazing with druckman there so thats ok and bloodbourne will be ok, other than that i want them to surprise me

And the overall exclusive lineup would become even better if you add some more 3rd party exclusives.
Especially if its a Rockstar Games game.

I'd rather them not waste money on 3rd party exclusives when heir own studios producing good to great content unless it really makes sense. Xbox does it so often because they have to.

Don't you dare get my hopes up for a Dark Cloud 3!

Never played Arc the Lad or Alundra, but I wish we would see those, because they look cool.

But goodness, I want Dark Cloud 3 so bad.

Salex_

i want to see games that focus on actually innovating gameplay. im tired of this cinematic crap, i want sony to make a good multiplayer game for once or a game that introduces something new to a genre like titanfall wall running etc.

they better show some unscripted actual gameplay for the order, uc4 is going to be amazing with druckman there so thats ok and bloodbourne will be ok, other than that i want them to surprise me

lol. I can't see why people think the majority of Sony exclusives are "cinematic crap". There's only a handful of games that falls into that category. I don't have a PS3 and all of the exclusives I want aren't "cinematic". Do you only play shooters?

lol. I can't see why people think the majority of Sony exclusives are "cinematic crap". There's only a handful of games that falls into that category. I don't have a PS3 and all of the exclusives I want aren't "cinematic". Do you only play shooters?

i pretty much only play shooters yes. sony i admit does offer more variety of genre but to me that doesnt make a difference because most games i play are fps/tps, i will play the occasional batman/asscreed game but mostly multiplayer fps stuff. and frankly sony offers nothing that is great in terms of multiplayer in the fps/tps arena

i buy sony consoles for their campaigns because ms exclusives suck at this aspect and buy xbox for multiplayer, halo/gears (excluding halo reach/4/gears 2) are great games

TraBuch

Banned
TLoU is an excellent multiplayer game. If you need something to scratch that FPS itch, Planetside 2 should be coming eventually.

TLoU is an excellent multiplayer game. If you need something to scratch that FPS itch, Planetside 2 should be coming eventually.

i played tlou just yesterday and dont like it, just run of the mill tps shooter, did love the campaign though. plannetside looks interesting that i will be checking out

Top Bottom