• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

Yeah, there can't be only 35 of them

bru0rQW.jpg
Brawl had 128!

I don't think they'd hide unlockables from the ESRB reel. I'm pretty sure at this point they have to go over everything included in the game, including unlockable stuff and even things that might not be accessible during normal gameplay (ex. Hot Coffee).

NotLiquid

I'm sure some of you are Photoshop experts, can't you figure out if the chorus kids picture was fake? Have we seen that picture without the chorus kids before anywhere?

Chorus Kids + Duck Hunt would hype me insanely.

The Chorus Kids picture was fake. As if the fact that the screenshot was from a 3DS as opposed to the leak being from a video wasn't clear enough already, All-Star's image was a re-post from a /vg/ thread where a guy uploaded it under a custom filename earlier and explicitly said it was his first hoax. It was also clear from All-Star's upload that the file was lifted off of another post on 4chan due to the filename.

I don't think they'd hide unlockables from the ESRB reel. I'm pretty sure at this point they have to go over everything included in the game, including unlockable stuff and even things that might not be accessible during normal gameplay (ex. Hot Coffee).

I thought of this as well, but there's also the whole locked All-Star mode thing that's tripped everyone up.

No, I believe they only have to go over content that may affect the rating, and any leftover code in the game that may affect the rating. If Nintendo doesn't feel the last few characters won't change the rating, they don't have to include them in the video.

Not

Banned
I don't know why they'd leave characters OUT of an ESRB video. Why would they include some characters not yet officially revealed, like Shulk and DHD, and not others?

I think it's the final roster. Even though that layout if weiiiiiiird

NotLiquid

No, I believe they only have to go over content that may affect the rating, and any leftover code in the game that may affect the rating. If Nintendo doesn't feel the last few characters won't change the rating, they don't have to include them in the video.

Hence why I don't buy the idea that Mach Rider is in the game, since his reliance on machine guns would probably bump it up to a T-Rating, similar to Snake performing violence that doesn't fall into the Fantasy/Cartoon category.

Vuapol

I could see this if some of the remaining characters were non-offensive veterans like the Ice Climbers or Lucas who don't have a history of impacting the game rating. On the other hand, Mach Rider for me in particular is a red-flag in that isn't that character based on heavy weaponry like machine guns? Wouldn't that have to be shown to the ESRB?

Or maybe there's another reel that Nintendo sent to the ESRB that hasn't leaked that shows those remaining characters. Who knows?

SmithnCo

Hence why I don't buy the idea that Mach Rider is in the game, since his reliance on machine guns would probably bump it up to a T-Rating, similar to Snake performing violence that doesn't fall into the Fantasy/Cartoon category.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say that was BS along with most of MFL's shenanigans.

Sucks because he'd probably be cool.

Not

Banned
Don't they only have to show the most objectionable stuff to the ESRB? Not necessarily all characters?

What's objectionable about Duck Hunt Dog or Bowser Jr.? Guns? Cannons?

So does that mean every character with guns not shown is deconfirmed? Since Shulk has a sword, does that apply to ANY characters with weapons?

Oh man, I wasn't expecting this at all, guess team fake might've been wrong after all! I'm really caught off guard.

Bit upset about my girl
Krystal
just being a trophy, however my brother will be really happy about Bowser Jr. - I already told him about the previous claims he was in. At least they've done something original with him and brought back the ever-loved Clown Car.

I wasn't expecting leaks this early, so I'm annoyed I clicked on this thread now, and more annoyed at myself for keeping looking at all the information as it trickles out. It came out this month as intended so I could've avoided the spoilers while on holiday. :x

I'm surprised that so many are pissed about Ganondorf still being a Falcon clone. It should have been obvious that he was never getting fully decloned after Brawl.

Berordn

We're talking about the man who completely threw out the idea of another SSE-like story mode because the cutscenes for said mode leaked online.

He must be beside himself.

I feel like that whole interview was a deflection because he didn't want to say upfront "yeah SSE was just a bad idea because the whole thing sucked and nobody was very happy with us for making it."

Guesong

Prepare for the worst, guys. That character select screen might be all we're getting.

Why would that be the worst?

This'd be a pretty great roster. Good mix of fan favorites and left-field surprises.

I mean for the longest time people has been preaching Gematsu. This is a definite improvement over that.

We're talking about the man who completely threw out the idea of another SSE-like story mode because the cutscenes for said mode leaked online.

Less because the cutscenes were posted online and rather because that caused people to not play and experience the mode by themselves. Knowing who the characters on the roster are is a different story.

Sakurai doesn't care. This doesn't stop people from playing the game.

It doesn't, but Sakurai also doesn't like people leaking stuff and spoiling the surprise for everyone. He cut out any Subspace Emissary kinda thing because he didn't want people to just youtube the cutscenes even.

Hatchtag

Banned

That's just the only reason mentioned in an interview. It is almost certainly not the only reason.

EulaCapra

What we know about the leakers:
The images and videos are all real.
There are 7 named leakers as part of this leak:
1) All-Star. Already shown to troll. Leaks on 4chan's /v/. An associate of MFLeaker, perhaps.
-Claims Dixie, Mewtwo, and someone else are in.
2) Motherfucking Leaker: Also shown to troll. Leaks on /v/ as well.
-Possibly claims Dixie, Mewtwo, Ridley, Mach Rider, and Impa are in, though this is disputed.
3) NessInEngland: Not shown to troll. Hasn't reported any false information, has speculated, but has always indicated it is speculation. Claims that no one knows who the other characters or DLC is, iirc. Leaks to Gamefaqs.
4) MasterLinkX: Shown to and admits to lying, for whatever reason. Leaks to Smashboards. None of his claims are to be trusted.
5) VaanRose: Source of the text leaks. No reason to believe he trolls. Claims All-Star and MFLeaker are lying. Leaks to Smashboards.
6) NeoZero: No reason to believe he trolls. Mentions that a Nintendo Representative said that there's more characters in the game, including surprises. Vouches for VaanRose.
7) Wubudubadubadattrue: Leaked the videos today. Claims/speculates there's more characters in the game, but makes no mention of who, and is likely just speculating. Leaks to Reddit. Name is notably a Rhythym Heaven reference

Other entities:
ESRB guy: The person from the ESRB and the source of all these leaks. Only MFLeaker or Wubuduba could be this person.
Unnamed group: There's an unnamed group that the leak's been passed around in, who get it from the ESRB Leaker. Many of the above leakers are either in or have sources in that group
Sal Romano: From an entirely seperate leak, the Gematsu Leak. Leaked many newcomers, incorrectly leaked Chrom, and mentioned Chorus Men and Shulk would be in, Lucas might get cut, and there could be DLC. He is not at all connected to this leak, and does not know anything outside of what's been mentioned to him. It's worth noting he reports his info from a source at Namco Bandai, not at the ESRB.
Excellent. Thank you.

Spoiler: it's really Nintendo trolling trying to muddy up information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom