• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roo

Is it true that Bowser Jr.'s pallet swaps are the Koopalings? Any pics or videos?

We don't have any proof other than the quote from Smashboards and a pic of Larry Koopa in the clown car.
Considering they basically got it right (Bowser Jr's moveset) I think Koopaling alts are a given.

Hatchtag

Banned
Is it true that Bowser Jr.'s pallet swaps are the Koopalings? Any pics or videos?

Though it's not 100% confirmed, the original text leaks mentioned that. In addition, there's trophys of the individual Koopalings in the clown kart, heavily implying that his alts are the Koopalings.

Sponge

Banned
I'm so sorry. :(

image.php

Not even they could climb the technical hurdles of the 3DS.

:( Poor Ice Climbers.

emb

Probably true; the text leak matches up with the video and image proof we've seen. But we don't have images specifically of it. However, there is one picture of a trophy, with one of the Koopa Kids in Bowser Jr's Clown Car. A trophy isn't official confirmation at all, but it's something I guess.

GRW810

Nintendo are renowned for being tight-lipped about their secrets. How the hell has their biggest game of this generation got not just one but almost a dozen different leakers? And we're not just getting a baseless rumour here or a premature magazine scan there. We've got an entire roster, trophies, challenges, alt costumes, modes, the lot. It's a gigantic swing from one extreme to another.

Most I saw was one of the photos that included Iggy or Lemmy or Larry (I can't tell them apart) in the clowncar, but it wasn't a gameplay photo, it was in an accessories menu or something. It's in the imgur album... I don't have the link...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm surprised that so many are pissed about Ganondorf still being a Falcon clone. It should have been obvious that he was never getting fully decloned after Brawl.

This still seemed like a good chance considering the inclusion of Lucina to make an alternate clone in the same series, and them heavily reinventing people like Bowser.

The ganondorf stuff is by far the most disappointing thing about the game regardless of what happens with the rest of the roster to me. Even with DLC he's stuck with that crap, and is going to continue the trend of being the awkward character that's a clone of someone from another franchise. In a game that is otherwise great with fanservice, nintendo history, etc. they take a pivotal Zelda bad guy and give him the most idiotic moveset when he has the potential to be much more. It would make more sense to make him a Robin clone at this point.

Instead we have the same slow ass derpy walk sword-pull out of the ass taunt guy we've had before.

Vuapol

Yes, there was most likely many reasons as to why there would be no SSE-like mode in Smash 4, and I prefer how the time and resources went elsewhere this time around, but out of all the reasons in the world he could've chosen, Sakurai went with the leaks. My point was mainly Sakurai hates internet leaks.

I know. Poor guy. He definitely wanted to be the one to show all of this off. It totally lessens the wow-factor.

Duck hunt dog reveal could have been a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge wtf, but now, we know it's coming.

I'm really disappointed. I was so incredibly hyped after the Robin trailer because I went in there convinced it would be Shulk. That was the first time, aside from the initial reveal
and Rosalina, but meh
where Gematsu was wrong and I was taken completely off-guard.

I probably would've audibly yelled after a DHD trailer. Before this "fake leak" I'd have never seen him coming. Such a shame.

Probably true; the text leak matches up with the video and image proof we've seen. But we don't have images specifically of it. However, there is one picture of a trophy, with one of the Koopa Kids in Bowser Jr's Clown Car. A trophy isn't official confirmation at all, but it's something I guess.

The car is blue where it's usually green (which it's never been), and Larry hasn't ever been in a small Clown Car, the only times he's been in one were a giant one with his siblings.

Doesn't look blue to me? Unless you're talking about his hair.

The propeller is blue, and the green stripe sort of looks like it could be teal.

JoeInky

A blue one, at that. As far as I'm aware, that's never appeared in any other game.

Yeah, I think the fact that all of the green trim on the clown car changes to Lemmy's colour is proof that the koopalings are alt colours, that's not just a trophy of lemmy in the clown car, it would be green otherwise.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
This still seemed like a good chance considering the inclusion of Lucina to make an alternate clone in the same series, and them heavily reinventing people like Bowser.

The ganondorf stuff is by far the most disappointing thing about the game regardless of what happens with the rest of the roster to me. Even with DLC he's stuck with that crap, and is going to continue the trend of being the awkward character that's a clone of someone from another franchise. In a game that is otherwise great with fanservice, nintendo history, etc. they take a pivotal Zelda bad guy and give him the most idiotic moveset when he has the potential to be much more. It would make more sense to make him a Robin clone at this point.

Well like I said, I can trust Tecmo Koei to make Ganondorf, Ganondorf.

Tonight's POTD will be a picture of Sakurai pointing a gun to Ness' head

"This is what you get. THIS IS WHAT YOU GET."

Next POTD will be a simple picture of Link

"In this iteration of Smash Bros., the starting roster consists only of Mario. The first character you'll unlock is Link, after completing 1 billion matches online!"

Next POTD will be a picture of a cover of SSB4 on Xbox One

"Surprise! Smash Bros. 4 has been shifted to Xbox One, where fans are too invested in Titanfall to waste time leaking stuff! Oh, and Dark Pit is the only newcomer."

It would be absolutely insane in here, more so than it is now. Because it opens the door to more stages, more characters, etc, that weren't leaked.

"Pic of the day. Don't worry! The veteran duo, Ice Climbers, make their magnificent return! It was quite a challenge to keep the two together in the 3DS version. With much diligence from the team we managed to overcome this obstacle!"

GAF would die.

NeonZ

Hence why I don't buy the idea that Mach Rider is in the game, since his reliance on machine guns would probably bump it up to a T-Rating, similar to Snake performing violence that doesn't fall into the Fantasy/Cartoon category.

Well, if they redesign Mach Rider's weapons into futuristic beam ones, they'd be no different from Samus' or Fox's. He's an old character, so they'd likely have a lot of freedom to redesign him, like what was done with Pit. Sakurai didn't want to give any guns to Snake, after all. So, if they wanted to keep his guns, he'd likely need that design change.

Not putting much weight into that rumor though.

Vuapol

Nintendo are renowned for being tight-lipped about their secrets. How the hell has their biggest game of this generation got not just one but almost a dozen different leakers? And we're not just getting a baseless rumour here or a premature magazine scan there. We've got an entire roster, trophies, challenges, alt costumes, modes, the lot. It's a gigantic swing from one extreme to another.

As of right now it appears to have come from the ESRB. It was out of Nintendo's hands.

Kouriozan

"Pic of the day. Don't worry! The veteran duo, Ice Climbers, make their magnificent return! It was quite a challenge to keep the two together in the 3DS version. With much diligence from the team we managed to overcome this obstacle!"

GAF would die.

If the ESRB video is old then the ZSS bikini costume and maybe a few characters wasn't in it.
Just a guess as he said it was a last minute addition.

emb

The car is blue where it's usually green (which it's never been), and Larry hasn't ever been in a small Clown Car, the only times he's been in one were a giant one with his siblings.

The propeller is blue, and the green stripe sort of looks like it could be teal.
Good points.

I guess the thing that bothers me most about it is that it's a playable character shown here alongside other random trophies. I guess with so many alts, the trophies from single player aren't enough to contain all the characters.

But I have no reason to believe the Koopalings aren't alts, of course. The text leak was pretty spot on.

georly

As long as we're saying 'blue car confirms koopa kid alts' then i'll agree :)

Can't wait to main ludwig
outside of link, of course
. Fav koopa kid.

5R1kKEn.jpg

Larry Koopa in the exact same clown car. A trophy is all we have ATM

What's that purple ball?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom