• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really, the newcomer reveals were all over the place. We got 3 at last year's E3 followed by nothing for 6 months. Then there were two more in the space of 4 months. Another 3 at E3 were revealed and then another two a month ago. It wasn't bad by any means, just really inconsistent.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I JUST SPOKE WITH MY INSIDE INFORMER

FOR THE RECORD, I WAS TOLD THAT THE LEAKERS AND SOURCE THAT HAVE THE INFORMATION RIGHT NOW (VIDEO, IMAGES, ETC) DONT KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY MORE CHARACTERS AFTER WHAT WE SAW IN CSS.

NO ONE KNOW IF THEY WILL HAVE ANY MORE NEW CHARACTERS! WHOEVER ARE TRYING TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE ARE FULL OF IT!

TEMPER YOUR HYPE FOR NEW CHARACTERS/VETERANS, AND WAIT FOR RELIABLE SOURCE COMING ALONG WITH IMAGES OR VIDEOS

Revven

This still seemed like a good chance considering the inclusion of Lucina to make an alternate clone in the same series, and them heavily reinventing people like Bowser.

The ganondorf stuff is by far the most disappointing thing about the game regardless of what happens with the rest of the roster to me. Even with DLC he's stuck with that crap, and is going to continue the trend of being the awkward character that's a clone of someone from another franchise. In a game that is otherwise great with fanservice, nintendo history, etc. they take a pivotal Zelda bad guy and give him the most idiotic moveset when he has the potential to be much more. It would make more sense to make him a Robin clone at this point.

Instead we have the same slow ass derpy walk sword-pull out of the ass taunt guy we've had before.

And he's still probably going to be a bad character for the same reasons he was in Brawl (unless they gave him some crazy buffs that we just haven't seen or his custom specials are actually significant improvements for the character).

Sad days.

georly

FOR THE RECORD, I WAS TOLD THAT THE LEAKERS AND SOURCE THAT HAVE THE INFORMATION RIGHT NOW (VIDEO, IMAGES, ETC) DONT KNOW IF THERE ARE ANY MORE CHARACTERS AFTER WHAT WE SAW IN CSS.

NO ONE KNOW IF THEY WILL HAVE ANY MORE NEW CHARACTERS! WHOEVER ARE TRYING TO MAKE YOU BELIEVE OTHERWISE ARE FULL OF IT!

TEMPER YOUR HYPE FOR NEW CHARACTERS/VETERANS, AND WAIT FOR RELIABLE SOURCE COMING ALONG WITH IMAGES OR VIDEOS

Thanks heath.

That said, I've always stood by "if it isn't in a picture/video, I don't buy it."

I'll happily speculate about it, but i'm not going to celebrate or lose sleep over it.

An enemy from KI:U

Hmmm don't remember them.

Well, there you go!

Ryce

Each Koopaling has a trademark color that would translate perfectly into the Clown Car's rim and propeller.

Larry - sky blue
Morton - black
Wendy - pink
Iggy - yellow-green
Roy - purple
Lemmy - orange
Ludwig - deep blue

Timeaisis

Yeah, thought so. Dammit, Snake and Ridley. Where are you? Come out.

When did you get an informer? Lol

SuperSah

Banned

Proof?

When did you get an inside informer?

emb

[inside source]
Are you MasterLinkX or something?

But really, you have an inside informer now?

Anyway, yeah. That makes sense. If the leakers are going off of this ESRB video that doesn't show all the characters, then I have no idea why they would know all the characters.

But I think the video has all the characters. :(

ffdgh

Let's celebrate!

tumblr_n3ant75ONA1t0iifqo1_250.gif

Omg it's so cute how bowser stops jr <3.

*Ahem*

Everyone is here now...daisy peach and waluigi assist included.

munchie64

9835895db3cf521b7e4aea78b2ee2434.jpg

NotLiquid

Figures.

Oh well, only two and a half weeks until we all find out what's in the goods. We're sure to get another character trailer before then, so I think it's safe to say we're all in for some good times.

Anyway, yeah. That makes sense. If the leakers are going off of this ESRB video that doesn't show all the characters, then I have no idea why they would know all the characters.

If it did, the video would have footage of all the characters, including some of the ones we've gotten confirmation of but haven't seen yet.

The leak doesn't tell all.

Clefargle

No grapple hype this time round then... (assuming SSB4 is even considered by high level players which I doubt it will be)

Wow, what's with the negativity about a historically awesome fighting/party game? The people that write off Smash 4 as unworthy of tourney play are just bitter and unwilling to adapt.

Thank you 3DS, I suspected that you would fuck everything thanks to the "characters are the same in both versions stuff"

Also, how else could it have gone with the 3DS version coming out first?

Nintendo are renowned for being tight-lipped about their secrets. How the hell has their biggest game of this generation got not just one but almost a dozen different leakers? And we're not just getting a baseless rumour here or a premature magazine scan there. We've got an entire roster, trophies, challenges, alt costumes, modes, the lot. It's a gigantic swing from one extreme to another.

Thanks Namco Bandai and the ESRB

Why? There's literally no evidence of that.

rekameohs

Banned

There's no way the video has all of the characters. There wouldn't be two unfilled rows. If that were everyone, Shulk would be moved up to complete that row and leave the bottom one with gaps. Plus, the All Star mode lock. It's possible that there may be fewer than 5 characters left, but I would imagine that it is 5 left.

Wow, what's with the negativity about a historically awesome fighting/party game? The people that write off Smash 4 as unworthy of tourney play are just bitter and unwilling to adapt.

If this was aimed at me I'm not one of those people. I don't routinely enjoy the competitive Smash side, but I do know they're very stuck in their ways and Melee and its unique fighting engine will never be topped in their eyes. I'm just casual so I enjoy both, but I do have to say if the Climbers are gone, one thing I did enjoy was watching those grapple combos of theirs.

GRW810

As of right now it appears to have come from the ESRB. It was out of Nintendo's hands.
But what I mean is, how has this breakdown of secrecy involving ESRB not happened before when it has happened so easily here? We've got videos and images for crying out loud. Not just a few anonymous words posted online but someone has actually captured footage. The audacity is astounding.

Neoxon

You have an informer?

Well if so, at least there's some surprises left.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

great, i can still hope for Otacon

emb

Why? There's literally no evidence of that.
Pessimism.
There's no way the video has all of the characters. There wouldn't be two unfilled rows. If that were everyone, Shulk would be moved up to complete that row and leave the bottom one with gaps. Plus, the All Star mode lock. It's possible that there may be fewer than 5 characters left, but I would imagine that it is 5 left.
I hope you're right. The weird order of the CSS is pretty much what gets me too; it could easily fix itself after everyone is there. But worst case scenario, the CSS gets filled out with DLC instead of normal unlocks. I don't think the All Star lock means much, since we don't know how much cohesion there is in the compilation of clips.

Not

Banned

Got it. Never expect any other characters ever again. 49 is it. The world ends tomorrow.

georly

Ignoring all DLC/remaining character leaks, this is my hope:

There are 6 characters potentially missing in the CSS

B2BOrgt.png

1 of them is likely mii fighter, leaving 5.

I'd like Ice Climber, Lucas, Wolf to return, which leaves 2 left.

Since we got zero stuff about snake from today's leak (ESRB likely would have wanted snake's weapons highlighted), I'm not counting on him being one of the 2.

Hopefully one of the 2 is Mewtwo, which leaves 1 more - hopefully a newcomer. With everyone else we have, I'm even OK if that last newcomer is a clone.

Ideally, none of them are DLC (unless it's snake, he's worth DLC).

I'm thinking 4. Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf and Chorus Boys. That leaves one free slot for Miis when customization is turned on. It means Snake is a casualty, and Mewtwo won't be back, but in my mind that's the last 4 things needed for this to be "perfect" and for the rows and stuff to line up better and the whole thing look so much cleaner.

The guy didn't have the entire ESRB video. There could be other parts with a full CSS. Other parts that show Wolf (because of his blaster). There's a lot of things that could explain it.

The text leak of this leak could have also used the very same ESRB clips this leak does.

JoeInky

Not to get in to this again but it's only been considered a "historically awesome" fighting game by the competitive community until Brawl released.

The existence of Brawl is actually a massive deterrent to the competitive community getting behind sm4sh just because of how amazingly bad it was compared to the previous 2 games for the competitive community, people don't want to be let down by a similar magnitude again.

NotLiquid

Man, if we have five more newcomers that means we're getting a roster count of 55 (Mii included).

I have no idea how they're going to one up this if there's ever a fifth Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom