• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Star Trek gifs thread (or why Mama Robotnik is full of awesome)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reese-015

I just saw the 'Your favorite posters on GAF' thread and someone quoted a great Star Trek gif in it that I hadn't seen yet.

(this one)
gaflegsfinal.gif

That one, the Dyack one (or were there more?) and the three or four in that GF thread are some of the funniest things I've ever seen on GAF, I figured I don't want to miss any of em (I probably already have) so post em here!

There was a funny Piquard gif where he is looking at something on the computer in his office. The original context I think was that it was supposed to be a webcam girl or something but I always thought the funniest modification of it was in a thread about two unattrative lesbians who had been caught having sex in public. Sadly the gif link is dead now :(

our master Mama made this one. I have to corner him and make him spit out how to put sliding text or however you'd call it

if some nice soul knows the answer, please tell :D

nnl6ap.gif

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Anasui Kishibe said:
our master Mama made this one. I have to corner him and make him spit out how to put sliding text or however you'd call it

http://i26.tinypic.com/nnl6ap.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Easily the best one ever made.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Anasui Kishibe said:

if some nice soul knows the answer, please tell :D

nnl6ap.gif

It needs Lilly to get the final line with the "You broke your little ships." line.

McLovin

Mama had me crying in this thread where some guy said his girl friend cheated on him. He was acting high and mighty and saying he was gonna dump her.. until someone dug up the fact he had cheated on her multiple times. I'll post the gifs if I can find the thread.
Edit- Found them :D
Here's the thread and Gifs.
stofftopicsmall.gif

rikergaf2.gif

fulla.gif

bumpedfinal.gif

fallengorn said:
Never seen those console gifs.

:lol Nintendo are Ferengis.

How many of these did Mama make?

Many, but they span many different series. One of my favorites is the scene from Life of Brian where the people have to pick someone for the Romans to release, and replaces the words with "Release Zelda!", etc.

Good lord, I've just seen this thread. If I were to post all the ones I have made, the bandwidth drain would cause, I am sure, a number of gaffers to hunt me down and dismember me.

As far as I'm aware, I'm the only one who has made Star Trek subtitled gifs. If there are others, then you can recognise mine as they all use the same bolded font, with a black outline. Also, the dominant person in the conversation is in white font, while the subordinate speaker is in grey.

I've made loads for both Off-Topic and the General Discussion forum. Some better than others. The Picard-Lily one is the first one I ever made, glad to see it still holds up.

I think I'll post one of my favourites, the Pachter gif. It holds a special place in my heart since Michael Pachter himself responded to it.

pachterq.gif

kay

Mama Robotnik said:
Good lord, I've just seen this thread. If I were to post all the ones I have made, the bandwidth drain would cause, I am sure, a number of gaffers to hunt me down and dismember me.

As far as I'm aware, I'm the only one who has made Star Trek subtitled gifs. If there are others, then you can recognise mine as they all use the same bolded font, with a black outline. Also, the dominant person in the conversation is in white font, while the subordinate speaker is in grey.

I've made loads for both Off-Topic and the General Discussion forum. Some better than others. The Picard-Lily one is the first one I ever made, glad to see it still holds up.

I think I'll post one of my favourites, the Pachter gif. It holds a special place in my heart since Michael Pachter himself responded to it.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/mappster16/pachterq.gif[img][/QUOTE]
Just wondering, what do you use to make them?

Also, post the Pachter response! (if it wasn't private)

McLovin

Guys be considerate.. if you quote someone and it has a gif in it.. post a link to the gif instead of the gif itself..

deadbeef

Mama Robotnik said:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll291/mappster16/pachterq.gif

Post them ALL. But instead of inline images, just post a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom