• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rushy reveals Driveclub's car list

ICPEE

They better have something Japanese related brewing for DLC. Japan tracks along with 10+ Japanese cars will remedy this.

irohazakaJapan.jpg

+

tn_GTRpics%20004-L.jpg

=

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg
Jesus, what road is that?

Marlenus

Looking forward to driving some of those cars.

Hopefully some of the following will be made available as DLC

Jaguar F-Type V8 Coupe
Nissan GTR Nismo
Nissan 370Z
Ford Focus ST
Toyota GT86 / Subaru BRZ
Honda Civic Type R
Mazda MX-5 (Miata)
Vauxhall Astra VXR
Bugatti Veyron
Ferrari LaFerrari
Caterham R500
Noble M600
Any Lambo (if not locked down by Forza)

SmokyDave

I think the car list makes a lot of sense in as much as there's a very definite 'theme' to the roster. I'm willing to bet there are more than a few copies of Evo magazine lying around in the office.

I'm OK with it. It's a very 'Need For Speed' roster with a little more class and since this is a flashy arcade game, that's cool.

DrDamn

Proper list format

Hot-Hatches
Audi A1 Quattro
Mini John Cooper Works GP (PS+)
Renault Clio RS
Volkswagen Golf GTI (PS+)
Volkswagen Beetle GSR

Sports
Audi RS5
Audi TT RS Plus
Bentley Continental GT V8 (PS+)
BMW M135i
BMW M235i
Lotus Evora Sports Racer
Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG
Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG (PS+)

Performance
Alfa Romeo 4C
Aston Martin Vanquish
Aston Martin V12 Zagato
Audi RS6 Avant
Bentley Continental GT Speed
BMW M3 GTS (PS+)
BMW M5
Ferrari California
Ferrari FF
Lotus Exige S
Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale (PS+)
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe Black Series
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG 45th Anniversary Edition
RUF RGT 8
Spyker C8 Aileron

Super
Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
Aston Martin One 77
Ariel Atom 500 V8
Audi R8 V10 Plus (PS+)
BAC Mono (PS+)
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari F12berlinetta
Ferrari 599 GTO
Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Marussia B2
McLaren 12C
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupe Black Series
RUF RT12 R
Savage Rivale GTR-S
Spania GTA Spano

Hyper
Gumpert Apollo Enraged
Hennesey Venom GT
Koenigsegg Agera R
McLaren P1
Pagani Huayra
Pagani Zonda R (PS+)
RUF CTR3 Clubsport (PS+)

a.wd

No Jaaaags or Japanese cars...meh, I'm sure it will be serviceable, would like more variety though...

Looking forward to driving some of those cars.

Hopefully some of the following will be made available as DLC

Jaguar F-Type V8 Coupe
Nissan GTR Nismo
Nissan 370Z
Ford Focus ST
Toyota GT86 / Subaru BRZ
Honda Civic Type R
Mazda MX-5 (Miata)
Vauxhall Astra VXR
Bugatti Veyron
Ferrari LaFerrari
Caterham R500
Noble M600
Any Lambo (if not locked down by Forza)

Nice list.

eso76

As someone who appreciates the more normal cars in racing games, that is a really disappointing list.

Yeah, this.
Besides, the tracks we've seen so far look tailored for fast cars, with long winding roads and straights.
We've yet to see the circuits though, i think ? Here's hoping the game offers something more technical, but i still can't understand the PGR comparisons.
Physics might be similar, but it looks like an entirely different driving experience because of the tracks layout and feel.

Still a day one purchase for me (graphics whore here) but not exactly my kind of racing game.

Selvaria

The list of cars is pretty good, but lacks diversity. Even Need For Speed: Rivals had a better mix of American, Japanese, and European cars.

Hopefully, the DLC will add more variety to the selection. Still a day one purchase for me though!

KOHIPEET

Not to complain, but..... only fucking German, Brittish and Italian cars in a game that's exclusive to a Japanese company's console?

IS-F, RC-F, LF-A, GT-R, GT-86, should I list more?

Also a few Swedish and French, but whatever

Yes, I don't like German cars, especially Audi's

Marlenus

Not to complain, but..... only fucking German, Brittish and Italian cars in a game that's exclusive to a Japanese company's console?

IS-F, RC-F, LF-A, GT-R, GT-86, should I list more?

Also a few Swedish and French, but whatever

Yes, I don't like German cars, especially Audi's

Damn I forgot about Lexus, yes they would be great to have in it as well.

What American cars would be good to have other than the obvious Mustang, Corvette, Charger, Camaro? Saleen S7, SSC Ultimate Aero, SSC Tuatara would be on my list.

KOHIPEET

Damn I forgot about Lexus, yes they would be great to have in it as well.

What American cars would be good to have other than the obvious Mustang, Corvette, Charger, Camaro? Saleen S7, SSC Ultimate Aero, SSC Tuatara would be on my list.

Or a Ford GT-40? :) Corvette would definitely be welcomed too.

They are all cars I will most likely never drive in my lifetime so it's all good over here!! Got MY season pass so let's have at it.

RSP

- There needs to be a "Super sports" category between "Super" and "Hyper". Too much difference between the machines if you ask me.

- Too bad there is no GT3 class.

- No "real" Porsches aside from RUF, but would have loved the Cayman GTS or 918. Even the 991S would have been cool.

Rushy

Thanks for compiling the lists, and sorry for the correction.

Rest assured that the DLC cars that are coming feature many new manufacturers.

MMaRsu

Banned
Thanks for compiling the lists, and sorry for the correction.

Thanks Rushy! I look forward to playing with a Mitsubishi or a Nissan then :). I can't wait to play the game!!!

I think I must be the only person in the world that doesn't care what cars are in the game. It's nice that the 4C is there since Alfa is my favourite manufacturer, but the game could all be Fiat Punto's vs other Fiat Punto's only and I'd still buy it.

Niks

thanks. Question, why did you guys took the decision not to include any japanese cars in the initial car roster?? Seems weird not to include a car as popular as the GTR for example.

BuddyL33

Neo Member
That list seems incredibly small compared to what competitors are releasing in their titles. I honestly can say I am quite surprised. I expected way more.

PS+ cars

Hot Hatches:
Renault Clio RS
Volkswagen Golf GTI

Sports:
Bentley Continental GT Speed
Mercedes-Benz A45 AMG

Performance:
BMW M3 GTS
Maserati Gran Turismo MC Stradale

Super:
Ariel Atom 500 V8, Audi R8 V10 Plus
BAC Mono

Hyper:
Pagani Huayra, Pagani Zonda R
CTR3 Clubsport

That is a damn fine selection for the demo, can't wait!

Seems most car games are withholding the LaFerrari for LaDLC.

That list seems incredibly small compared to what competitors are releasing in their titles. I honestly can say I am quite surprised. I expected way more.

What competitors? The closest competitor to this type of game would be a NFS or Burnout, it's an arcade racer, not a Pokecar collectathon. It seems very reasonable for what it offers.

I'll take decent track selection over car choice any day, but T10 has mentioned that usually isn't the way most consumers think and that's why we see "car packs" for DLC instead of "Track Packs" ... plus tracks are more difficult to make I believe.

nib95

Banned
Pretty solid list overall, though some Japanese cars would have been nice. On a side note, the selection for the PS+ free edition is good too.

stryke

Will have to wait for the credits but I don't get the impression they rely much on outsourcing.

Top Bottom