• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix TGS report

-Kh-

Banned
Defuser said:
I love to see 2ch breaks down.

15coi88.jpg

You are not the only one

RavenFox

Banned
Raide said:
The hell?

That sounds like you're saying, just because FFXIII is now Multiformat they dumbed down the graphics making FFvXIII superior?
Uhmm thats exactly it. Both systems are similar but one of them have an edge when utilized.

Zilch

Banned
RavenFox said:
Uhmm thats exactly it. Both systems are similar but one of them have an edge when utilized.

Does anyone with a functioning brain believe that FFXIII's graphics will suffer because they are PLANNING on porting it to the X360 in the FUTURE? If FFvXIII does look better to anyone, it is NOT because of the planned Xbox port.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Zilch said:
Does anyone with a functioning brain believe that FFXIII's graphics will suffer because they are PLANNING on porting it to the X360 in the FUTURE? If FFvXIII does look better to anyone, it is NOT because of the planned Xbox port.

Indeed. Cause, you know, they're building it on PS3 first and all... but apparently that doesn't matter.

Jijidasu

104.net admin updated her blog with her drawings of the new characters. Only fault I see is that Xion has blue hair in the drawing, it's actually black.

mmlg_105tgs08.jpg

Jijidasu

Just finished scanning some more stuff from the booklets I got at TGS.

Here's an Agito poster, it has the scene I mentioned in the trailer write-up with them all on a mound posing.

agito.jpg

-Kh-

Banned
Awesome poster! Thanks a lot.

Edit: I see there is a guy with a Sword now, that's great. In the old illustration there was only the Samurai guy with the Katana, and that worried me :p

Now just need an Axe~

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Autumn Thread said:
Just finished scanning some more stuff from the booklets I got at TGS.

Here's an Agito poster, it has the scene I mentioned in the trailer write-up with them all on a mound posing.

That's really hot. Got that in a higher resolution by chance? It'd make an awesome desktop if edited right.

Lightning

Banned
Nomura did say that he wanted to push the PS3 as far as he possibly could with Versus XIII. I expect big things from Nomura and I better not end up with a beautiful looking button masher or summons that are Magus Sisters level overpowered.

-Kh-

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
Another group of guys in black trenchcoats?

Oh, Nomura. :lol

Easier to develop, there is not need for complicated designs that won't end up looking good on PSP either way.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Link the the other picture not the poster.. Cant see it do to it being over the photobucket bandwidth

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
I like the poster, but I don't like the dark atmosphere.

I mean come on, hooded characters? The earlier art that had them in school uniforms was more unique that that.

-Kh-

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:

I mean come on, hooded characters? The earlier art that had them in school uniforms was more unique that that.

I don't think it was a school uniform, if anything a military school, but probably not even a school, just the uniform from the military (rebel?) regimen of the story.

And probably they will take the hood off many times, can't have them all the time like that. That would be a lack of personality +3, for each character.

Hcoregamer00 said:

They're most likely still wearing those uniforms under the hood coats.

Hcoregamer00

-Kh- said:
I don't think it was a school uniform, if anything a military school, but probably not even a school, just the uniform from the military (rebel?) regimen of the story.

And probably they will take the hood off many times, can't have them all the time like that. That would be a lack of personality +3, for each character.

So it is kind of like FF8's military schools, but expanded to be the focus of the game.

(Unlike FF8)

Hcoregamer00 said:
So it is kind of like FF8's military schools, but expanded to be the focus of the game.

(Unlike FF8)

yeah
i think it's like different countries/schools at war over crystals
but the war thing seems to be the main focus

Hcoregamer00

BlazingDarkness said:
yeah
i think it's like different countries/schools at war over crystals
but the war thing seems to be the main focus

Interesting, I like seeing this military school theme with a slightly different spin on it.

FF8 did it, but it didn't focus on it enough. Naruto did it, but lost track of it later down the line.

-Kh-

Banned
Kagari said:
Square really need to release some more drawn art for the FNC series.

A new book commemorating the 21 years of the series with tons of new artworks by all the artists: Amano, Nomura, Itahana and Yoshida.

-Kh-

Banned
Thanks Autumn, downloading the huge-res now.

SE should release a clean wallpaper of that TB picture because it looks great.

Top Bottom