• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
no. when the game starts up it reports a server error (402). Game offline plays fine for story and create, but you can't see any online levels, can't play online with anyone, can't even access the 'my moon' bit to change your own avatar...

Slavik81 said:
A great list of sites who I can totally ignore in the future. The game's motto is Play Create Share and not a single one of these guys actually spent time with the final version of the Sharing.

They care more about releasing their reviews first than they do about good criticism.
Some of them were in the beta.

Loudninja said:
Beat ya to it xD
http://neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13226761&postcount=297

FirewalkR

*gets to work, sees the new thread, checks that it hasn't turned sour, goes back to work, happy in the knowledge that no one needs to suffer violence and/or verbal abuse, and all is well in the world*

Oh btw, great thread, Chef. :D

dk_

mrklaw said:
no. when the game starts up it reports a server error (402). Game offline plays fine for story and create, but you can't see any online levels, can't play online with anyone, can't even access the 'my moon' bit to change your own avatar...
I just wondered, because someone with a US LBP from Europe wrote he can't access the online mode.

Do you guess think there will be a problem accessing the US LBP online mode from a PAL/Euro PS3?

El-Suave

Slavik81 said:
A great list of sites who I can totally ignore in the future. The game's motto is Play Create Share and not a single one of these guys actually spent time with the final version of the Sharing.

They care more about releasing their reviews first than they do about good criticism.

If you apply that standard you can pretty much ignore any review of a game that has an online multiplayer component. The circumstances under which these games are reviewed are rarely the same as when the game launches I think - so you might i.e. have laggy games after release while there was no lag when a game was under review. You can't know how robust a multiplayer infrastructure really is until afer launch, I would imagine.

deepbrown

Slavik81 said:
From the OP:
Official Playstation Magazine UK - 10/10
Maxi Consolas - 100%
Gameplayer - 10/10
Total Video Games - 10/10
GamePro - 5/5
IGN UK - 9.7
Computer and Video Games - 9.6
Meristation - 9.5
IGN - 9.5
Play.tm - 93%
IGN AU - 9.2
EuroGamer - 9/10
VideoGamer.com - 9/10
Kikizo - 9/10

Uh what do you think the Beta was for? They all saw sharing in action and most likely took part in it.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
dk_ said:
I just wondered, because someone with a US LBP from Europe wrote he can't access the online mode.

Do you guess think there will be a problem accessing the US LBP online mode from a PAL/Euro PS3?

shouldn't be. I have a Japanese PS3 in the UK and was using a Spanish Beta Key. I'm now using the US game in the UK on a Japanese PS3. I think I have most combinations covered :D

the servers just aren't up yet.

dk_

mrklaw said:
shouldn't be. I have a Japanese PS3 in the UK and was using a Spanish Beta Key. I'm now using the US game in the UK on a Japanese PS3. I think I have most combinations covered :D

the servers just aren't up yet.
Ok, thanks.

The only problem could be DLC. :-/

mrklaw

MrArseFace
dk_ said:
Ok, thanks.

The only problem could be DLC. :-/

yeah. I've read that you'll need to download from the US store if you have a US game. i've got an entropay virtual visa that works on my US account so thats fine.

Steroyd

deepbrown said:
Uh what do you think the Beta was for? They all saw sharing in action and most likely took part in it.

Yeah it would be corporate suicide on Sony's half to not reserve keys to include review magazines/websites into the Beta.

However magazines and websites are also guilty of talking about online in their games before it's out there in the wild.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
donkey show said:
LOL. Thanks man. I personally think it's shoddy, but it got the job done to a certain extent in that particular test run. Mecha head! :lol

The sad thing was that I had a full level all set up for it too with entering the Galaxy Alliance Federation secret testing facility as a new test pilot. Suddenly as you're walking down the hallway, space tentacles start smashing the base. You end up moving up and down different floors using colored keys to open up specific floors in the secret lab leading to the giant mecha, fighting a giant space alien, disappearing platforms, and all topped off with the player using a smaller walking/flying mech to blast straight into the alien base with a rocket punch. It was going to be sooooooooooooooooo EPIC!!!

lbpmechagaf1.jpg

I was about to publish it one afternoon and then... I lost it all to a save corrupt I couldn't retrieve. =( I might revisit it again in the retail later.

BTW, thanks for updating the OP with those lists I showed you. Awesome sauce!

HOLY SHIT.

can i add you to my friendlist? i want to keep an eye on your levels :D

Tiduz

Eurogaime
dork said:
anyone who isnt a lurker need a LBP gamestop code. (kratos and the other things it does)

dont pm me, just tell me and ill pm you

do you have EURO ones?

i REALLY want kratos but i cant find it ANYWHERE in the netherlands :'(

or if ANYONE in the netherlands has a kratos code for PAL, please tell me how you got it, i cant find any info on it at all :(

Tiduz said:
do you have EURO ones?

i REALLY want kratos but i cant find it ANYWHERE in the netherlands :'(

or if ANYONE in the netherlands has a kratos code for PAL, please tell me how you got it, i cant find any info on it at all :(

the UK October OPM has a PAL Kratos unlock code free in it (only reason I bought it tbh)

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
MrNyarlathotep said:
the UK October OPM has a PAL Kratos unlock code free in it (only reason I bought it tbh)

It says on the cover that it's for UK only..I don't know if they'll be strictly checking who's redeeming the codes or not, but the warning was enough for me not to buy the mag.

(edit - I mean, I'm in Ireland..so I'm not sure if it'll even work from here)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I have the US copy, I'd like a code that works. The Kratos code in the UK mags doesn't work on the US game.

Wurm

Banned
Yeah I got the UK OPM for Kratos. Hope it comes with the other 2 GoW monster costumes like Gamestop is advertising as well. I really quite want the Nariko instead though, if only for the cool Sword costume piece. But only available from Play.com :(

Am going to be waiting by the letterbox tomorrow for this game so much. I literally cannot wait. I am having trouble thinking about what I am going to do today to just pass the time :lol

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Was it my imagination or was there some ad going around showing a Minotaur sackboy and a Medusa one too? From God of War?

I think Gamestop are getting them as promos, but I hope they're available in some other way too. They looked really great, I want them more than the Kratos one even.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Wurm said:
Yeah I got the UK OPM for Kratos. Hope it comes with the other 2 GoW monster costumes like Gamestop is advertising as well. I really quite want the Nariko instead though, if only for the cool Sword costume piece. But only available from Play.com :(

Am going to be waiting by the letterbox tomorrow for this game so much. I literally cannot wait. I am having trouble thinking about what I am going to do today to just pass the time :lol

US version?

FWIW, I can't tell any difference between teh retail and beta yet. Can't say I notice any difference in the way sackboy moves.

El-Suave

mrklaw said:
I have the US copy, I'd like a code that works. The Kratos code in the UK mags doesn't work on the US game.

You were able to download Kratos UK from a UK account though? Then it would be bad if it didn't work with a US BD because that would mean that they could do region specific dlc.

I would have hoped that you just need the appropriate account of the country you got the code from to download and then you could use the content across all versions of the game.

Flek

Banned
mrklaw said:
+
yeha ne too.

Also the new "screenshot function" of firmarw 1.5 isnt suported by LBP ? And no youtube function either !? :(

dk_

rhino4evr said:
got my Kratos code emailed to me from GameStop..mentions that it includes all 3 costumes. No mention of levels
Do you already have the game? Do you think you could pm me your code when you have accessed your costumes? Maybe you could use it more than once. :D

Dr_Cogent

Banned
Bold the questions in the FAQ OP so it's easier to read.

There are other areas that could use bolding as well to set it apart from the other text.

rhino4evr

dk_ said:
Do you already have the game? Do you think you could pm me your code when you have accessed your costumes? Maybe you could use it more than once. :D

No I don't have the game, I have to wait for the release date like most people.

Not sure if the code can be used mutiple times, but I'll be happy to trade it for something once I've used it.

Loudninja

LittleBigPlanet has ‘won over cynical critics’
Sony has told MCV that it has the range and breadth of titles to hit every part of the gaming market this Christmas – with the eagerly awaited LittleBigPlanet the key component.

“The icing on the cake has to be LittleBigPlanet,” he told MCV. “Even the most cynical of critics have been won over by this simply wonderful game.”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/32036/LittleBigPlanet-has-won-over-cynical-critics

Downhome

Metal B said:
Can someone list up the difference beetween the beta and the full version? =)

I can't make a list since I haven't completed the story mode or dived into the creation mode just yet like some of the other guys here. I can however tell you that they did "fix" some of the control issues present in the beta. The movement doesn't seem as floaty in the retail version as it did in the beta. It's far easier to switch between the three planes of movement, little things like when you are on one of the windmill things and then you jump off have been altered meaning in the beta it seemed like you went a bit too far, and it's not that bad in the retail version.

The biggest changes, for the better in my opinion, after playing through the first three worlds of the story mode are without a doubt the small changes they made to the controls.

Also, and I know this goes without saying but still, the story levels in the beta don't come anywhere close to what's after that first little world in the retail game. Right after that first world, everything starts to open way up, and it's great. :D

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
To all of those worried about borked Kratos codes - you should try reading the card GameStop gave you first! :lol

It says not to redeem until launch day. My guess is the codes will start working sometime after the next PSN update. I wonder when they'll put the 2 free costumes up for grabs? Tues. or Thurs.?

weege1

Neo Member
rhino4evr said:
got my Kratos code emailed to me from GameStop..mentions that it includes all 3 costumes. No mention of levels

Hey when did you get that E-Mail? I pre-ordered from Gamestop online too and still no e-mail with the code yet.

I've largely avoided the LBP hype until now. Can anyone answer if this game has bluetooth headset support? Can you play the game online co-op with others?

Top Bottom