• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet Official Thread: Live in your world, play in ours.

Metal B said:
Can someone list up the difference beetween the beta and the full version? =)
There isn't even a need list. The beta was like 10% of the full game and look at what the community has done already, let alone GAF. Dante said that the controls are tighter in the retail as well.

Didn't have a chance to read IGN review until now:

The X button jumps, R1 grabs objects, and that's about it. If you grab a jetpack, you can either shake the controller or tap one of the face buttons to remove it, but that ends your control mechanics (outside of the editor, of course).

Cool.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Even the most cynical of critics have been won over by this simply wonderful game.”

haha - i can disprove this!

actually i can't , the beta isn't the full game, but i think the game still has a lot to do to convince me it'll actually work in any meaningful way because the custom levels have yet to fill any potential, and there isn't enough of the single player to make a judgement beyond "oh... okay..."

but i am the most cyncial of critics and i think the demo has tipped me the other way. Will obviously still get the final game, struggling through trying to recreate an old 8 bit eurogame in the engine with -annoyance- :/

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
jiggle said:
can't wait :)

msnbc also has a review up for this
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27168771/

I love this part:
msnbc said:
My husband, who makes video games for a living, got lost in this portion of “LittleBigPlanet” and hasn’t been seen much since. On a sunny Sunday, he sat in our basement, honing and polishing his level while our pets snoozed around him. When asked by a reporter if he planned to post the bloody thing, he said, “It’s not ready yet.”
Seriously how can you not love this game.

The Chef said:
I updated the OP with some new goodies.

I added a section for "Gaf Levels" at the very bottom.
Thanks donkey show for the info for that. MetalMurphy made a list of most of the GAF levels and had youtube links if there were any.
http://ut3mods.x10hosting.com/lbpgaf.php

Also kittel made some google groups as well:

creator's FAQ
http://groups.google.com/group/gaflb...tors-faq?hl=en

Newer list of levels
http://groups.google.com/group/gaflb...-gaffers?hl=en

those two links don't work. you may want to get the full URL instead of copying it ;o
http://groups.google.com/group/gaflbpcreators/web/unofficial-lbp-creators-faq?hl=en&pli=1
http://groups.google.com/group/gaflbpcreators/web/list-of-levels-by-gaffers?hl=en&pli=1

Wurm

Banned
Closer to launch of the online servers, I really think we're going to need a genuine other GAF LBP Levels thread just devoted to showcasing GAF's own levels and other special noteworthy ones. You've done a great job on this Official Thread, The Chef, but I don't think it'll be a suitable vessel for showing off levels in really.

Other games get Photo Threads, so I don't think the mods will be too adverse to one, especially since it will very much be a display of all of the GAF community creative talent.

Also, i really want that Ape Escape pre-order costume :lol

oneHeero

PistolGrip said:
I love this part:

Seriously how can you not love this game.
Fucken awesome. Rehyped me and will purchase 100% now.

FUCK, thats Socom, LBL, VC, and R2 all within a few weeks time, I need MONIEZ!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
DCharlie said:
the custom levels have yet to fill any potential,

really? surely there was somethign in the beta custom levels that tickled something deep in that cold, dark heart of yours?

rhino4evr

How to get a God Of War Pack for Free...without leaving your house.

Step 1: go to GameStop.com and pre-order with in-store pick up. They will ask for a credit card, but it will not be charged.
Step 2: await for your Kratos Code to be emailed to you.
Step 3: Contact the store you are supposed to pick it up at, tell them you are going ot be away the week of the 21st, and you were unaware of the re-stock fee. Play dumb and ask if they can switch the order to ship it to you instead. When they can't, ask them to cancel so you can re-order online. If they ask you to come in the store to cancel just tell them that is' impossible becuase you will be out of town on business the rest of the week.

Presto..free GoW pack, now you can go buy it at CC where they are offering a $15 gift card with purchase. A much better deal.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
DCharlie said:
but i think the game still has a lot to do to convince me it'll actually work in any meaningful way because the custom levels have yet to fill any potential, and there isn't enough of the single player to make a judgement beyond "oh... okay..."
I don't know what levels you've played, but there have been some really amazing custom made levels. Not many, but level like Mad Mansion was probably the single best platforming anything I've played in forever. To think that one person made that in such a short time doesn't even factor in how I felt about its quality. If I'd factor that, it's simply mind boggling.

Flek

Banned
I just created a level called "trophy whore" where you get 3-4 trophys after playing it. So its basically just for getting the 4x 8x and 20x trophy and eventually one more. It is finished and i will put it online as soon as MM switches the servers to ON. Here is a youtube video of it :

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=Zkz0c-PgBSk (i dont know why but the sound isnt in - whatever)

so if you want easy trophys feel free to use my level for it ;P

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fuck. Newegg cancelled my order due to it being backordered. Nooooooooooooooooooo. I ordered as soon as it was possible yesterday. I am confused and sad.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
anyone know wehre to get the game in the DC/MD/VA area.

NVM: going to pick it up in 2 hours. Yes!!!!!! Score

Chef, excellent job with the thread! Bravo!

Does anyone know if any stores in Northern Jersey are getting the game early? I'll go out and pick up a copy tonight if I can.

BlacKMaRK

Banned
dont know if this has been posted but i saw an LBP commercial last night on adult swim.

The game looked like soooo much fun in the commercial and the were using the slogan "fun shall overcome"

CANT WAIT!!!!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Igo said:
Where can I find a collection of great sackboy pics. I need a new steam icon.
I was gonna link to post #60, but apparently he exceeded his bandwidth :(

suffah

Does maths and stuff
My gf on the phone last night:

"Hey, LittleBigPlanet commercial on tv, isn't that the game you've been talking about?"

"Yep"

"Wow, looks really cute, I guess I'll try it with you after all"

The only game she plays is Rock Band. I've tried every other genre and she won't bother. Action, adventure, puzzle, fighting, rpg, yaoi dating sim, shooter, you name it.

Ranger X

Mannnnn, it's when you're not in the beta anymore that you realise how addicted you were.

Shit it's been a LONG time that i'm impatient for a game release like that.

tribal24

Banned
suffah said:
My gf on the phone last night:

"Hey, LittleBigPlanet commercial on tv, isn't that the game you've been talking about?"

"Yep"

"Wow, looks really cute, I guess I'll try it with you after all"

The only game she plays is Rock Band. I've tried every other genre and she won't bother. Action, adventure, puzzle, fighting, rpg, yaoi dating sim, shooter, you name it.

the marketing works>.>

suffah

Does maths and stuff
How are you guys going about getting it early? Just calling the store up?

"Hey, I have LBP on pre-order, did it come in and can I swing by to pick it up?"

Ranger X

You guys saw that right?

In the future, PlayStation’s YouTube channel will feature a user-generated content section within the channel, as publishers and developers take advantage of the PlayStation 3’s advanced application programming interface (API) to allow users to create game mode videos. SCEA will also launch game-specific enhanced YouTube channels, starting off with the highly anticipated game LittleBigPlanet™. LittleBigPlanet, which launches on October 21 will also have its own YouTube channel coming out in November and will feature cross-promotion with the LittleBigPlanet.com community.

This basically tells us that LBP will have the Youtube function.

Baha

Dante said:
Does anybody know if the GOW Gamespot pack has a level along with the characters?

I thought it was advertised to have one. My biggest concern is whether I'll get it or not (Canadian).

Dante

Baha said:
I thought it was advertised to have one. My biggest concern is whether I'll get it or not (Canadian).

It's Odd, I tried my code and it didn't work yet, but someone earlier in the thread got theirs to work. Got to the final level last night! The game never stops amazing you the whole way through. I can't wait to play everyones new levels, They are going to destroy what people did in the Beta.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
n17201011_36237676_2575.jpg

YAY!!!!! :D :D :D :D

tribal24

Banned
donkey show said:
That's where you should have been looking in the first place. =P

lol i know but i was actually gonna buy it on actual release date since i just got a wii and about to get socom-_- OMFG GAME OVERLOAD!!!?!?!

Downhome

Are there any videos of levels out there where there is a train, or something like that, on each "plane", and the point of the entire level is to jump back and forth between the moving vehicles fighting baddies?

slayn

needs to show more effort.
is anyone getting their copy from big chain stores? Why does everyone feel the need to show photographs of the box rather than saying where they got it from? =\

Top Bottom