• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Review: Motorstorm Pacific Rift

pswii60

iceatcs said:
Are you for real?
Look at IGN video review, you can see boost meter on the left.

I'll give you a tip, don't trust anyone by mouth, trust with your eyes.
Am I for real WAT

I was asking because I thought they changed the boost meter in the final game or something, I wasn't questioning the validity of the screens.

Atomspike

pswii60 said:
Kids? I've been playing games since the C64, don't give me that shit. And funnily enough, lighting is what made Motorstorm look so good, certainly not polygons or textures. What I like about Pure is the texture detail, draw distance and environments. And go and stick your vaseline up your ass.
Wow i think i hit a nerve there. no need to get mouthy with me kid. Motorstorm2 textures and draw distance still crap on everything in Pure.

Kid.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
DarkUSS said:
It probably got cut off while making the comparison collage. It's barely visible in the first screen though.
The reason for that is because the IGN feed is the split-screen mode.

deepbrown

pswii60 said:
Based on the Motorstorm 2 demo, and the full Pure retail game, Pure blows it out of the fucking water in the graphics department.

But, Shane said that MS2 has come a long way since the demo, so who knows.

I don't see why posters are calling out IGN in this thread though. Edge rated it a 7/10, OPM a 3/5. IGN is above the average so far.
Based on the full retail game - MS2 blows Pure out of the water.

iceatcs

pswii60 said:
Am I for real WAT

I was asking because I thought they changed the boost meter in the final game or something, I wasn't questioning the validity of the screens.
Sorry, I didn't get first place.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Greg

I'll have to play the demo before I dismiss it, but I don't know why my hype is dying for damn-near every video game I wanted at the beginning of the year.

My interest in games... fading...

pswii60

Atomspike said:
Wow i think i hit a nerve there. no need to get mouthy with me kid. Motorstorm2 textures and draw distance still crap on everything in Pure.

Kid.
Don't give up your day job.
Seiken said:
Anyone else :lol'ing about this? :lol :lol
I'm :loling out of the fucking water!

So, no, I wasn't impressed by the demo. And yes, I did think Pure looked better. But it's all irrelevant. I'm actually looking forward to the final game.

And no-one mentioned gameplay. I found Pure got quickly boring, whilst I played the original Motorstorm for ages. I like the go-anywhere nature of Motorstorm and the different vehicle types. Shane has said a lot of good stuff about the final build of this and I generally trust him on these things.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Like I said, the monster trucks would be awesome if Sony ponied up the money to get Grave Digger or Bigfoot in the game. Maybe as DLC?

The soundtrack is good, though just your general licensed mix of appropriate racing tunes. The vehicle and crashing effects are well done.

Seriously? Ministry isn't your general licensed mix of appropriate racing tunes, and the presence of Custom Soundtrack makes it even better!

deepbrown

Fizzle said:
The review was to be expected. The game doesn't even warrant a 2 in it's name.
Wut? Surely it does everything a sequel should do....as said by IGN UK - no negative remarks in their review, making it sound strange they gave it "only" 8.8. BTW...8.8 is nearly 9. And 9 is meant to be an increidble score... BTW 8.3 is a great score too.

Atomspike

pswii60 said:
How do you 'give up' school work? I keep with my previous sentiment.
My bad , it's "give up on school work" , but nice of you for correcting me kid , i see you have done your homework.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fizzle said:
:lol

deepbrown

pswii60 said:
Don't give up your day job.

I'm :loling out of the fucking water!

So, no, I wasn't impressed by the demo. And yes, I did think Pure looked better. But it's all irrelevant. I'm actually looking forward to the final game.

And no-one mentioned gameplay. I found Pure got quickly boring, whilst I played the original Motorstorm for ages. I like the go-anywhere nature of Motorstorm and the different vehicle types. Shane has said a lot of good stuff about the final build of this and I generally trust him on these things.
60% build is no comparison.

Elios83

Just watched the video review, they show many tracks and they all look really great, with huge variety, good design, beautiful landscapes.
Basically this sequel fixes all the shortcomings of the first while giving more of the same gameplay experience. I'm buying it =)

jett

D-Member
Remember all those talks during the original's release that the Motorstorm franchise would live up to its potential with a sequel?

lulz

Yoshichan

Aeon712 said:
Just played the demo, didn't like it at all. Pure handles so much better.
Yeah! The best part with Pure is that you can basically never drive off the road, I love on rail racers!

Sean

Banned
I too thought Pure looked better graphically judging by the two demos.

If Evolution put out a shitty/early build that wasn't representative of the games actual graphics, that's their fault.. The demo is what most people are going to judge it on.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
jett said:
Remember all those talks during the original's release that the Motorstorm franchise would live up to its potential with a sequel?

lulz
Eh? I think it has met it's potential.

btkadams

so basically, its the same game as last time with the features the first one should have included in the first place... thats why its not getting 9s. getting it day one because i dont even care if its ms1.5, its motorstorm with splitscreen!!!! yahhhh!!!!!!!!

Crayon

I played the PSN demo... yikes,

How big was the origional demo? This one is only like .6g and the textures...

What the hell is going on here? Does the final game look this bad?

I suspect cannibilism. Evolution Studios is talented I bet they've been working on something else. Maybe the final looks way way better. If so they should update that demo.

Schrade

Crayon said:
I played the PSN demo... yikes,

How big was the origional demo? This one is only like .6g and the textures...

What the hell is going on here? Does the final game look this bad?

I suspect cannibilism. Evolution Studios is talented I bet they've been working on something else. Maybe the final looks way way better. If so they should update that demo.
Dude. Read the fucking thread.

spwolf

btkadams said:
so basically, its the same game as last time with the features the first one should have included in the first place... thats why its not getting 9s. getting it day one because i dont even care if its ms1.5, its motorstorm with splitscreen!!!! yahhhh!!!!!!!!

its motorstorm 2x, they just forgot the x... it has twice the tracks, 4x split player, more vehicles, more online players, even sound track is 2x...

8.3/8.8 is great score when game like LBP scores 9.2/9.5.

EktorPR

I can't see how the MS2 demo currently available is "ugly" by any means. It may not feature the prettiest lighting effects nor incredible textures, but it's good-looking all around.

Haters here never fail to say things ridiculous and off-point.

jett

D-Member
Call me crazy, but after watching IGN's video review of MS2, I felt like looking at their vidreview of the first one...and I think it actually has more attractive/appealing lighting than the sequel.

DrPirate

Banned
Fizzle said:

And Halo 3 doesn't deserve a 3? Or Gears of War doesn't deserve a 2?

amidoingitrite? This is how it works now? Comon man honestly. Just because a game plays the same (in my opinion Motorstorm 2 feels somewhat different and improved over the first) doesn't mean you have to start putting this crap in the thread.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Anything over 8 for an arcade racer is great.

This is going to be awesome and I for one can't wait.

The first was very good and Im expecting this to ba all sorts of awesome.

They've improved on the original in every possible way

iceatcs

I think it is better lighting than first because it has more range.

Motorstorm2-fire.jpg

Motorstorm2-Building.jpg

Motorstorm2-beach.jpg

Motorstorm2-Jump.jpg

Motorstorm2-Cliff2.jpg

Motorstorm2-Cliff.jpg

Top Bottom